Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

More details from Sky News:
    Sky's David Bowden said that although it is not known if the object is from
    the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight or from a Boeing 777, it had Chinese and Malaysian writing on it and was thought to be from the inside of an aircraft.

He said it was taken away by police in a box that was about one foot 30cm) square.

Bowden said he approached the officers on Reunion and was told: "No comment."

It was earlier thought that the object found was the door of a plane, but Bowden said that could now not be confirmed.
    So quite a small part or piece of something bigger which may make it a lot harder to identify. Malaysian officials are said to be looking for the search area to be expanded.

Here's a photo of it. Quite small and probably very difficult to identify what it is or what it's from.

-19054.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

It said on RTE it has been confirmed as been from a Boeing 777-200. In other words its defiantly from MH370. It proves the plane ended its flight somewhere in the Indian Ocean. Over the next few days or weeks much more plane parts are likely to wash up. Pilot suicide is still quiet unlikely. An electrical blackout could have caused the transponder and commutations to shut off. I mean come on The Captain was a well respected Captain and one of the best in the area. Clearly he didn't have any reason to crash the plane. The Co Pilot of course was far much less experienced but he did not have no reason to do any harm either.
    Never blame the pilots until proof is shown. No Proof of Pilot suicide. The 2 who got on board with stolen passports are the suspects I would hold responsible. Why go on with stolen passports? They had something planned in mind. Should never have been left on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It said on RTE it has been confirmed as been from a Boeing 777-200. In other words its defiantly from MH370. It proves the plane ended its flight somewhere in the Indian Ocean. Over the next few days or weeks much more plane parts are likely to wash up. Pilot suicide is still quiet unlikely. An electrical blackout could have caused the transponder and commutations to shut off. I mean come on The Captain was a well respected Captain and one of the best in the area. Clearly he didn't have any reason to crash the plane. The Co Pilot of course was far much less experienced but he did not have no reason to do any harm either.
    Never blame the pilots until proof is shown. No Proof of Pilot suicide. The 2 who got on board with stolen passports are the suspects I would hold responsible. Why go on with stolen passports? They had something planned in mind. Should never have been left on.

Have you not read this thread? It is not "definitely" (Or defiantly as you say) from MH370, you cannot say that. It probably is, but people have listed other plausible possibilities. Also explain to me your extreme investigatory expertise in which you can write off alot of the conclusions of investigations already carried out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

An electrical blackout could have caused the transponder and commutations to shut off. I.

No manner of electrical "blackout" on a 777 could've caused the scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

I. The 2 who got on board with stolen passports are the suspects I would hold responsible. Why go on with stolen passports? They had something planned in mind. Should never have been left on.

People get on planes worldwide, every day with stolen or false passports. Nothing unusual with that.

An electrical blackout could have caused the transponder and commutations to shut off.

What are commutations?

in other news:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Cannot see how that could be a domestic ladder. There are some operational symbols visible there on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

The Captain was a well respected Captain and one of the best in the area. Clearly he didn't have any reason to crash the plane. The Co Pilot of course was far much less experienced but he did not have no reason to do any harm either; Never blame the pilots until proof is shown
    The pilot was the most likely cause of the plane ending up in the Indian Ocean
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95124921&postcount=6127
    Why the change of view?
    The 2 who got on board with stolen passports are the suspects I would hold responsible. Why go on with stolen passports? They had something planned in mind. Should never have been left on.
    What do you suspect they did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

There is going to be alot of reporting about objects washed up. It's amazing the stuff floating about at sea. We passed a floating fridge freezer while sailing one time.

Different sized and weighted debris are going to drift different areas. Just because 1 piece was found doesn't mean there is a group of debris just 'around the corner'.

For all we know it could have been placed there. I find it interesting the piece was found the same week as the Russians vetoed the investigation into the other plane disappearance.

• Advertisement

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Cannot see how that could be a domestic ladder. There are some operational symbols visible there on it.

Whatever it is, it's certainly not part of an airplane door or even likely part of an airplane. The metal is far too flimsy and light.

Sky news reporting that experts believe the new wreckage recovered isn't from the flight and is actually a "domestic ladder".

Jan Laco wrote: »
    For all we know it could have been placed there. I find it interesting the piece was found the same week as the Russians vetoed the investigation into the other plane disappearance.

Placed there? Really?

The other plane didn't 'disappear'. MH17 was shot down:

Mh17-crash-pictures-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Pilot suicide is still quiet unlikely. An electrical blackout could have caused the transponder and commutations to shut off.
    This is quite an assumption, do you know the sources of electrical power on the 777?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Interesing comment in the Sunday Times today, saying that the barnacles may provide clues to the path the wing has travelled. Micro biologists wil stidy levels of salt etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The suspected door found today was actually part of a domestic ladder, apparently.

A beach cleaner is said to have burned a seat and a suitcase after he thought they were general rubbish, rather than bits from a plane

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/02/new-debris-on-reunion-island-is-not-from-missing-flight-mh370-5323646/?ito=facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Rte 6 o'clock news just ran the story of the discovery of more evidence thought to be a door.

Poor reporting from rte given its been established hours ago there was no door found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

elastico wrote: »
    Rte 6 o'clock news just ran the story of the discovery of more evidence thought to be a door.

Poor reporting from rte given its been established hours ago there was no door found.

Yes it just shows how far behind they are , it's a joke, do they not watch other news channels or are they watching a match or asleep

smurfjed wrote: »
    This is quite an assumption, do you know the sources of electrical power on the 777?

I know much more than ye do.

The suspected door found today was actually part of a domestic ladder, apparently.

A beach cleaner is said to have burned a seat and a suitcase after he thought they were general rubbish, rather than bits from a plane

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/02/new-debris-on-reunion-island-is-not-from-missing-flight-mh370-5323646/?ito=facebook

The flataeron was from MH370 like it or not

• Advertisement

Sky news reporting that experts believe the new wreckage recovered isn't from the flight and is actually a "domestic ladder".

How the hell would a ladder get out to sea?

I know much more than ye do.
    Great, I'm always willing to learn more about the aircraft that I'm training on, so please tell me what systems will cause the aircraft to lose the transponder and communications to shut off?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Have you not read this thread? It is not "definitely" (Or defiantly as you say) from MH370, you cannot say that. It probably is, but people have listed other plausible possibilities. Also explain to me your extreme investigatory expertise in which you can write off alot of the conclusions of investigations already carried out.

Carncalla Flight MH370 is the only plane to have gone down in The Indian Ocean in the last year. The wrecage is cleary from Flight MH370. The goiverment cleary stated the plane ended its journery in Indian Ocean. Thats the only recent crash to happen.

Great, I'm always willing to learn more about the aircraft that I'm training on, so please tell me what systems will cause the aircraft to lose the transponder and communications to shut off?

There ye go again suggesting to the pilot did such a stupid action. Why dont ye look at the 2 with stolen passports. They had something planned. An electrical blackout could be caused if somebody was messing with the electronics. Plus if the plane had a serious incident it could have caused the blackout. The pilot is always blamed when a plane crashes., Plus I have flown a 777-200 in simulator and we praticed what we would do in a blackout suitation and what would be off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

An electrical blackout could be caused if somebody was messing with the electronics.

How would this happen? How in the name of all that is good in the world could someone "mess" with the electronics on an 777?

Just find a random panel with wires exposed and mix them up a bit?

keith16 wrote: »
    How would this happen? How in the name of all that is good in the world could someone "mess" with the electronics on an 777?

Just find a random panel with wires exposed and mix them up a bit?

Just because a transponder and commutations get shut down it dont mean the captain or copilot shut them off. The pilots check showed they were innocent of all wrong doing. For your info A pilot could mess with the electronis because he was trained to know about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Just because a transponder and commutations get shut down it dont mean the captain or copilot shut them off. The pilots check showed they were innocent of all wrong doing. For your info A pilot could mess with the electronis because he was trained to know about them.

What are you saying here? To me, it reads like:

"It was not the pilots who did the messing."

"The pilots are the only ones who could have messed with electronics"

:confused:

An electrical blackout could be caused if somebody was messing with the electronics. Plus if the plane had a serious incident it could have caused the blackout.
    Sorry but you have to go deeper than that, you have stated that you are an expert on the 777 and even played around in the simulator, now please tell us what you had to fail in order to get a completely dark aircraft?
    The pilot is always blamed when a plane crashes.
    As a pilot, the last people that I try to blame is the crew, but sometimes I cant always get the results that i wish for!
    Plus I have flown a 777-200 in simulator
    In what capacity?

So does everybody on here think it was deliberate action that caused the plane to go way miles off course and finish in the Indian Ocean? Wheres the proof of Deliberate action?

• Advertisement

Sorry but you have to go deeper than that, you have stated that you are an expert on the 777 and even played around in the simulator, now please tell us what you had to fail in order to get a completely dark aircraft?

As a pilot, the last people that I try to blame is the crew, but sometimes I cant always get the results that i wish for!

In what capacity?

As traning to be a pilot with the 777-200

Advertisement