Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

As traning to be a pilot with the 777-200

Great, so tell us what electrical systems have to be lost in order to lose ALL communications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

smurfjed wrote: »
    Sorry but you have to go deeper than that, you have stated that you are an expert on the 777 and even played around in the simulator, now please tell us what you had to fail in order to get a completely dark aircraft?

As a pilot, the last people that I try to blame is the crew, but sometimes I cant always get the results that i wish for!

In what capacity?

A power outage can be caused by pilot error. a major check list error, A failutare of one of the eletricial systemsn. APU failure could also be the result of a power outage.

Great, so tell us what electrical systems have to be lost in order to lose ALL communications?

Apu failuture or if the APU was switched off. If the generator was turned off or failed that would result in the blackout of a plane. Sometimes battries are used to chare the aircraft on the ground. Any fiddling or messing with the wires or messing with the cortpit system can do harm.

A power outage can be caused by pilot error. a major check list error, A failutare of one of the eletricial systemsn. APU failure could also be the result of a power outage.
    You really will have to go deeper than that in order to prove your statement that it was caused by an electrical problem.

You really will have to go deeper than that in order to prove your statement that it was caused by an electrical problem.

I know what Im talking about. Its my job to know. Like I said I didn't say MH370 defiantly suffered a blackout but I just said it was possible it did. The Treble 7 Is The safest aircraft made. The plane has 4 generators and if one suffered failute the plane would be fine but if all had dsuffered fauliture that would also cause a blackout on the plane. Plus the transfer of power from one generator to the next can cause a blackout for a few mins but not too much trouble. The aircraft has a 3 phrase 4 wire constant frequency volt system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

The Treble 7 Is The safest aircraft made.

It can't be that safe if the electrics can just fail and one can be randomly shot out of the air by a bunch of amateurs sitting in a field in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

I know what Im talking about. Its my job to know. Like I said I didn't say MH370 defiantly suffered a blackout but I just said it was possible it did. The Treble 7 Is The safest aircraft made.

In the industry it's referred to as the Triple 7, not treble. ;)

You posted this on the 17-04-2015, 15:16, so whats changed since then?

In the industry it's referred to as the Triple 7, not treble. ;)

Yes thats what I meant. :)

Its my job to know
    From your posting history, you have claimed to be a Ryanair pilot but never answered what type of headset that they used. You have also posted about getting into IT and a number of other fields, and now you are claiming to be a 777 pilot but cannot explain the electrical system and you even posted this great statement...
    if the APU was switched off
    Why would they have had it on in the first place, btw, does it have an autostart system, or what about telling us which battery powers the RAT?

• Advertisement

You posted this on the 17-04-2015, 15:16, so whats changed since then?

I added more info to keep you happy. But once again I never said that MH370 defiantly suffered a blackout but its possible and it was even suggested last year. A tempering of the controls and electricity systems would knock the plane into a blackout. I have had the experience of sufferieng a blackout on a plane. The cause transfer of power from one generator to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

I would love to do work experience in the terminal building at Shannon.

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85144559

From your posting history, you have claimed to be a Ryanair pilot but never answered what type of headset that they used. You have also posted about getting into IT and a number of other fields, and now you are claiming to be a 777 pilot but cannot explain the electrical system and you even posted this great statement...

Why would they have had it on in the first place, btw, does it have an autostart system, or what about telling us which battery powers the RAT?

The RAT generates power from the airstream by ram pressure due to the speed of the aircraft. I never answered any of that because a pilot doesnt usally give out info about that tio the public unless they themselfs intent to become a pilot themsleves ior in training. I left Ryanairs Beoing 737-800 To Fly the Boeing 777-200 .

JaCrispy wrote: »
    boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85144559

That was not me. It was under the name all rite but It wasn't me that ran that post. I am boeing 777-200 Pilot.

My brother wrote that post. My brother works in an Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

That was not me. It was under the name all rite but It wasn't me that ran that post. I am boeing 777-200 Pilot.

My brother wrote that post. My brother works in an Airport.

Lol. Leave now with some dignity. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

What's the criteria for automatic RAT deployment?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

The RAT generates power from the airstream by ram pressure due to the speed of the aircraft.

Straight from Wikipedia!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

And Stevie. What headsets do Ryanair use?

I asked a simple question, what battery powers the RAT?

Your answer is verbatim from this....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_air_turbine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Stevielenihan, please stop posting in this thread. You're either Frank Abignale or a troll but either way you're derailing the thread and it won't be tolerated. Any further posts will be deleted and a ban will follow if continually ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

The RAT generates power from the airstream by ram pressure due to the speed of the aircraft. I never answered any of that because a pilot doesnt usally give out info about that tio the public unless they themselfs intent to become a pilot themsleves ior in training. I left Ryanairs Beoing 737-800 To Fly the Boeing 777-200 .

Not very good at spelling for a pilot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Aerohead wrote: »
    Not very good at spelling for a pilot
    Nor are some of his assertions either which, quite frankly, look like they are plagiarised from the back of a bog door.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Personally I believe that the aircraft crashed somewhere along the "southern trajectory" as determined by analysing the satellite ping data and we are only now beginning to see some odds and ends washing up in the western Indian ocean. Unless they get very lucky, the debris will not help determine the cause of the crash, but should help at least give some closure to relatives.

If I was a betting man I still wouldn't put much money on them ever finding the actual crash site. The ocean is just so big. Remember we know much less about most of the ocean floors than we do about the surface of the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

murphaph wrote: »
    Personally I believe that the aircraft crashed somewhere along the "southern trajectory" as determined by analysing the satellite ping data and we are only now beginning to see some odds and ends washing up in the western Indian ocean. Unless they get very lucky, the debris will not help determine the cause of the crash, but should help at least give some closure to relatives.

If I was a betting man I still wouldn't put much money on them ever finding the actual crash site. The ocean is just so big. Remember we know much less about most of the ocean floors than we do about the surface of the moon.

Yeah but there aint a major search operation focused on the surface of the moon. It will be found, might take a while but it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Surely if it's confirmed to be from MH370, the search teams can start looking at the Indian Ocean currents and try to single down to an area of where the plane could possibly have fallen?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

After reading 4 pages of entertaining an eejit who claims to have worked everywhere (you just know he hasnt) we haven't had any proper form of a discussion.

How long before we hear back from that team in France. The part is there now, what's the delay? Also any word on further debris being found?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Carnacalla wrote: »
    After reading 4 pages of entertaining an eejit who claims to have worked everywhere (you just know he hasnt) we haven't had any proper form of a discussion.

How long before we hear back from that team in France. The part is there now, what's the delay? Also any word on further debris being found?
    The part is in Toulouse and being examined by the BEA people there. Other experts from the likes of Boeing and officials from Malaysia are also heading there to help with the investigation. It seems that it's already confirmed to be from a 777 but the hard bit will be to establish if it's from MH370.

No other debris has been found yet although there have been reports from La Réunion of miscellaneous bits having been found over the last few months and destroyed by the beach cleaners; not realising that they may have been significant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Surely if it's confirmed to be from MH370, the search teams can start looking at the Indian Ocean currents and try to single down to an area of where the plane could possibly have fallen?

It should be easier apparently to backtrack historical current data then to forward predict them. Also, the barnacles attached to the piece can be examined to establish where they originated from and how long they were attached.

If it's from MH370, then it's a big step forward in helping find the crash site. That doesn't mean it's going to be easy, but it should narrow down the area to be searched.

1438520062801318300.jpg

This is another possibility!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

This could have been asked already, could the black box's have been turned off along with all the other stuff that appears to have been turned off?

Advertisement