Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy Eating

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

hugo29 wrote: »
    was that banana man by any chance

I worked with an american guy on and off in the past.. He would come over as an equipment specialest for training and to give a general dig out..

I enquired one day about his title as bananna man and comented I never saw him eating a bananna even once..

Turns out he had friends over to watch a ball game one evening, space was limites so they decided to move the couch back so everyone could circle round and drink beer and watch..

Three mates lifted the couch to find a bananna with a condom on it tucked away under it.. His wife walked in from the kitchen and dropped the tray of food she was carrying !! He said there was a bit of an awquard silance before the lads christened him "bananna man" and the festivities continued, his wife didn't make an appearance for the rest of the evening :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Muckit wrote: »
    There was a lad here that I know through work. He was getting married a few months back and was on this diet which included, l kid you not, eating 15 bananas for his breakfast!!!!!

Bananas in pajamas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

bbam wrote: »
    I worked with an american guy on and off in the past.. He would come over as an equipment specialest for training and to give a general dig out..

I enquired one day about his title as bananna man and comented I never saw him eating a bananna even once..

Turns out he had friends over to watch a ball game one evening, space was limites so they decided to move the couch back so everyone could circle round and drink beer and watch..

Three mates lifted the couch to find a bananna with a condom on it tucked away under it.. His wife walked in from the kitchen and dropped the tray of food she was carrying !! He said there was a bit of an awquard silance before the lads christened him "bananna man" and the festivities continued, his wife didn't make an appearance for the rest of the evening :rolleyes:

brillant, thats one way of getting your 5 a day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

There was a lad here that I know through work. He was getting married a few months back and was on this diet which included, l kid you not, eating 15 bananas for his breakfast!!!!!
    That's a one way trip to potassium poisoning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Peter Siddle, an Australian cricketer eats an insane amount of bananas every day. I think he's a vegan or something, doesn't do him any harm.

If your diet is that dialed in that you're worried about your fruit intake, fair play to you, you're probably a professional athlete. It's like the newbie at the gym that obsesses over what supplements he should be taking with no regard for the rest of his diet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

hugo29 wrote: »
    brillant, thats one way of getting your 5 a day

I'll take your word for it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Ha reminds me of a lad I know, one time he didn't have enough money to pay into the disco so someone said if u shove a banana up ur a**e I'll give you a fiver, long story short, he got the money, went to the disco and they wouldn't let him in, to young! Now known as banana man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

biddy2013 wrote: »
    was a woman at slimming world the other night said she ate 6 packs of tayto one after the other wtf

Have you never heard of a Tayto monster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Banana men tayto monsters, anyone hear of the pudding man? He had an embarrassing accident with a pudding and ended up in a and e :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Ok so you take some fruit and dry it. You've added nothing, only removed the water. You definitely haven't added any additional sugar.

Picked up a pack of figs and dates from lidl yesterday. They are delicious and really appeal to my sweet tooth.

Can I eat as much as I want? Or am I loading myself full of sugar?!?! Let the debate commence! ! :D

• Advertisement

I'd recommend you eat the whole packet of figs in in one go.

That'll keep you too busy to be stirring up things ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I'd recommend you eat the whole packet of figs in in one go.

That'll keep you too busy to be stirring up things ;)

I have as good as! ! They taste yum! If anyone likes fig rolls you'll love these and their probably healthier. ..... but can l indeed eat as much as I want of them without jeopardising my health? !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I have as good as! ! They taste yum! If anyone likes fig rolls you'll love these and their probably healthier. ..... but can l indeed eat as much as I want of them without jeopardising my health? !

I would think like, any other fruit, there is a portion size that applies. I'm not so sure 4 stone of dates or grapes or pineapple or any fruit would be a good idea.
    As part of a balanced diet they'd be great.
    So horse into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

there is a thread on another forum about kids being allowed to run or not in the school playground, surprisingly there are a good few schools where running is not allowed, mostly its a space issue:(

there is a thread on another forum about kids being allowed to run or not in the school playground, surprisingly there are a good few schools where running is not allowed, mostly its a space issue:(

Yep.
    With recent extensions onto schools green areas and playgrounds have been eaten up. We had to fundraiser to buy additional ground at the school to compensate. And guess who was selling the land around the school - the builder doing the extension !!

I think the new blue flag initiative in schools will help. Schools are awarded the flag base on the activity level of the children in the school. Similar to the green flag for recycling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

anyone see the article in the country living part of th fj. A small bottle of lucozade has 22.5 teaspoons of sugar in it:eek: a caprisun has 5.5 teaspoons of sugar. Cant remember the rest bu:eek: thats alot of sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

anyone see the article in the country living part of th fj. A small bottle of lucozade has 22.5 teaspoons of sugar in it:eek: a caprisun has 5.5 teaspoons of sugar. Cant remember the rest bu:eek: thats alot of sugar
    My wife's niece was doing the leaving about 12 years ago and took to drinking lucozade to give her energy while studying, she got fat on it. She was never overweight and always watched her diet. Obviously when she noticed the weight piling on she stopped drinking lucozade and lost the weight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Have heard lucozade called diabetes in a bottle

Advertisement