Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Going out and having drinks with my parents and hearing their old stories.

My dad and my mother's nephew were in stitches laughing and reminiscing about the time they went over to England for a 21st. The day after the 21st, they hopped on a bus to Soho and "ended" up in a strip club. It was in the daytime and the early 80s. My dad was 23, my cousin was 19 and it cost them 3 pounds sterling in which they thought was loads but when they got in, they were shocked that they had to pay 10 pounds just for a pint and realised that they were also expected to tip the strippers so they made a complaint about the fact that they paid 3 pounds in and there was no show on because it was the middle of the day. Got the 3 pound back and were told to "get the **** out yis Irish *****"

After hearing the story I asked my dad innocently, and how did you's just "end" up in a strip club? and he said "i think it was probably the big sign outside it that said StripClub" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The stove is stuffed with coal, the radiators are hopping, I have the papers and a mug of tea. Nowhere else I'd rather be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I won a teddy dinosaur in a grabby machine and his name is Rupert Humperdink.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

\o/ YAY for Rupert Humperdink! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Being in bed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Getting bits and pieces of my assessments done yesterday,
    This means tomorrow I'm starting with a clear head on the concurrent main bodies.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I do a lot of work in an office in my house. My routine is, boil the kettle, pour the tea and go upstairs for 10 minutes while it draws.
    I've gotten in to a routine the last few weeks of getting caught up in something and having to repeat the exercise half an hour later.

Tea is below on the counter freezing to death while I'm typing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I do a lot of work in an office in my house. My routine is, boil the kettle, pour the tea and go upstairs for 10 minutes while it draws.
    I've gotten in to a routine the last few weeks of getting caught up in something and having to repeat the exercise half an hour later.

Tea is below on the counter freezing to death while I'm typing this.

Posted this on wrong thread. That's what I'm like without tea. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH our little kitten (who is now more accurately a young lady cat) has finally decided to come join the dog to sleep on my bed.

She used to sleep all by herself in the living room on the dog's bed. Well, not exactly by herself as the old resident cat favours the spot on the sofa by the stove (his poor bones...), but they would be keeping their distance at bedtime so she was just curled up by herself every night.

The past 3 nights she has spent on our bed, spooning the dog, grooming his face and offering lots of nose kisses. She used to try and suckle on him which was sore for him so he pushed her away, but now she's got over that phase they're all lovey-dovey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Breakfast in bed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭gifted

Weighed myself this morn...lost a stone after 4 weeks woo hoo.....telling the 3 little chicks and they gave out to me cos they want me to keep "Daddys bouncy belly" .....lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

On the train home from work!

Fup Valentines Day!

Turns up Jagged Little Pill

Can’t believe it’s Pancake Tuesday already!
    It just crepe’d up on me! 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

TH our little kitten (who is now more accurately a young lady cat) has finally decided to come join the dog to sleep on my bed.

She used to sleep all by herself in the living room on the dog's bed. Well, not exactly by herself as the old resident cat favours the spot on the sofa by the stove (his poor bones...), but they would be keeping their distance at bedtime so she was just curled up by herself every night.

The past 3 nights she has spent on our bed, spooning the dog, grooming his face and offering lots of nose kisses. She used to try and suckle on him which was sore for him so he pushed her away, but now she's got over that phase they're all lovey-dovey.

Sweet lawd that's adorable!

My happy things today are Pancake Tuesday and a list of the dogs I see on my way to and from work or on my lunch break:

The fat bassett hound cross. His owner walks him twice a day but he's still huge, I think it's a case of "you can't out train a bad diet" :pac: but he is the happiest looking dog. He wobbles along with his big smiley head wagging his tail.

The full breed bassett hound. He has so much loose skin that his everything from his jowls to his balls swings from side to side when he walks.

The tiny terrier who races from his open front door to the bottom of his footpath (2 terraced houses from his house) barking his head off at me going by on my bike. Every. Single. Day. He's hilarious, probably weighs about 3kg:pac:

The golden retriever and spaniel who are never on leads but literally walk about 2 feet from their owner at all times, sit and wait at traffic lights, very good dogs.

And finally, the jack russell in his little hi viz jacket who I see every evening on my way home. His owner wears a matching hi viz jacket if it's dark or raining.

They make my day.

Now, to make pancakes.

Juve being 2-0 up against Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My kindle paperwhite. How did I ever live without this fantastic invention?
    The kindle was good but this is just brill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Try_harder wrote: »
    Juve being 2-0 up against Spurs

Spurs pulling one back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Slurs pulling one back :)

ooo & Juve missed a penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Great game. Spurs have been relentless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Listening to This Is the Moment from the musical Jekyll and Hyde a while ago. A brilliant song that really gives you goosebumps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This ad that someone very nicely showed me *looks in homeo's direction* :D

erica74 wrote: »

The fat bassett hound cross.

I read that as fat bastard :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,073 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Getting to plug in your phone charger when it's 2% battery.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Getting questions from my presentation I did last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

This ad that someone very nicely showed me *looks in homeo's direction*

Hahaha. My TH is that you always post cat videos! I bloody love cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m happy that someone who tries control something they’ve no say over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

My son made the whole family a Valentine’s card and he was nearly bursting with excitement to show everyone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The best bit about working from home is when the cat comes into keep you company, curls up on the paperwork and goes to sleep.

Good day in work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I got my NCT unexpectedly. One more thing off the list!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement