Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Good news from two friends lately.

One starts a new job next week - long awaited and well deserved.

Another told me that he's getting engaged soon. I even saw the ring and all!!

I'm so excited and delighted for the two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Telling my family about the harassment I’ve been on the receiving end of and the immediate support. No questions of why? Just questions of “who”. I’m very lucky, always having someone in my corner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm getting 2 new pairs of glasses and I'm super excited! It also cost me about 50 euro less than I thought so I'm happy about that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH I cleaned up an area that was awfully cluttered and messy today.
    It was bugging me so much, but I tackled it, and now it looks so great and is so well organized I take great pleasure looking at it every time I pass it.

I'm gradually clearing clutter from my house, it's very hard as it builds back again quickly with tweenagers in the house, but it feels great to sort things out.

I was quite sick these past few years without quite facing up to it, but TH I got a diagnosis now and treatment, and although it's not really working yet, I feel I may be able to do a lot more than I used to in a little while. Starting with the house !

Band call for our musical today! Love the music and the singing. This is my favourite part of rehearsals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Found 4 episodes of "My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" that I haven't watched :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My bed, I love it so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Me too :)

I'm in bed with with a beer.

northgirl wrote:
    Found 4 episodes of "My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" that I haven't watched

I LOVE this show!!! It's so addictive. I listen to the soundtrack on Spotify nearly every day driving home from work.

TH: Seeing my bf when I didn't think I would get to see him for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Having the best baby in the world. Just watching her on the monitor here. She's so good. Seven months old and she'll happily self soothe when she wakes up, sample her different dummies and have a wee chat to herself and then decide, 'yeah, I'll settle for this dummy and drift back off into dreamland. She's not the apple of my eye at all, I swear....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Home from seeing Dara O Briain with a couple of friends, after sharing a couple of bags of chips on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Earlier I bought a ticket in a raffle. I love the idea of the first prize. A wheelbarrow full of meat. :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

KERSPLAT! wrote:

Me too

Whoopsie loves Kersplat's bed too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Darkest Hour at the cinema on Friday. It was a brilliant film about British P.M. Winston Churchill and his role in the Second World War.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

I’ve gotten into a new routine the last few weeks that I’ve christened “Single Sundays”. Previous they were spent with my ex’s family, now they are entirely about me ☺️

I get up for an early morning run, then get all my beauty stuff done, hair, nails and eyebrows, chill with a posh coffee in my favourite cafe, some shopping if I need to, then meal prep for the week, then soak in a bath and spend a good hour on skincare with exfoliating and the masks etc It sets me up so well for the week and has taken me from wishing I was dead a few short months ago to really really enjoying Sundays again.

Also Justin Timberlake’s new album makes me TH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Bambi985 wrote: »
    I’ve gotten into a new routine the last few weeks that I’ve christened “Single Sundays”. Previous they were spent with my ex’s family, now they are entirely about me ☺️

I get up for an early morning run, then get all my beauty stuff done, hair, nails and eyebrows, chill with a posh coffee in my favourite cafe, some shopping if I need to, then meal prep for the week, then soak in a bath and spend a good hour on skincare with exfoliating and the masks etc It sets me up so well for the week and has taken me from wishing I was dead a few short months ago to really really enjoying Sundays again.

Also Justin Timberlake’s new album makes me TH

Such an ingenious concept Bambi985! :D

"Single Sundays".... I love it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Every day is single day for me.

Some day my prince will come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

When there’s a poster who you usually staunchly disagree with, but you encounter them on a different thread and it turns out they’re actually pretty sound and you now enjoy their posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Heated seats in the car. lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

There's a homeless guy that stands outside my work building every morning from about 7 - 9am and simply greets people as they're walking by. Not selling anything, not asking for anything, just cheerfully wishing passersby a "good morning".

We make eye contact and smile every day and he really brightens up my morning. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I got yet another free month on LinkedIn Premium. YaY!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Bambi985 wrote: »
    There's a homeless guy that stands outside my work building every morning from about 7 - 9am and simply greets people as they're walking by. Not selling anything, not asking for anything, just cheerfully wishing passersby a "good morning".

We make eye contact and smile every day and he really brightens up my morning. :)

There used to be a guy outside the footpath entrance to Trinity multistory car park and he was so polite saying please and thank you. I was inside the door at the paying machine and could hear asking for change and thanking everyone who responded, even those that just said they had no change.

Really made me stop and think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

There used to be a guy outside the footpath entrance to Trinity multistory car park and he was so polite saying please and thank you. I was inside the door at the paying machine and could hear asking for change and thanking everyone who responded, even those that just said they had no change.

Really made me stop and think.

A few weeks ago I was outside busaras and there was a very polite fellow there wishing people a happy new year and asking for spare change. I apologised to him as I had none! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Heated seats in the car. lovely.

I bought the car seat heater that was in Aldi a while back. Oh the comfort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Heading home after being in work since 8! Haven’t been home since last Wednesday!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A nice 20 minute nap, just what I needed :3

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

I work in a very male dominated team, where they generally don’t bother asking the women any system/technical questions (even the older women are guilty of it). It’s really frustrating, cos I’m well able, but there’s a really old fashioned attitude in the office. Today though, an issue arose that the guys who made and tested our system couldn’t understand and I fixed it all by myself :D it’s the little things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Had no Idea what it was.... Probably only heard about it on TV shows or movies....... but a friend of mine just arrived back from Morocco and he had a Lebanese restaurant menu with him... it had Baba Ghanoush on it!!
    Love the sound of it...don't care what it is....I'm in my mid 40's and have Only just looked it up...and am sat here saying it to myself Baba Ghanoush... Baba Ghanoush ..........I may also be drinking a bottle of malbec .... Baba Ghanoush!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Had no Idea what it was.... Probably only heard about it on TV shows or movies....... but a friend of mine just arrived back from Morocco and he had a Lebanese restaurant menu with him... it had Baba Ghanoush on it!!
    Love the sound of it...don't care what it is....I'm in my mid 40's and have Only just looked it up...and am sat here saying it to myself Baba Ghanoush... Baba Ghanoush ..........I may also be drinking a bottle of malbec .... Baba Ghanoush!!

I can’t hear Baba Ghanoush without thinking of the film wedding crashers. :o
    But Vince Vaughn makes me trivially happy :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A new pal on boards :3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement