Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

After 8 months and going through 4 different providers, we finally have internet in our house. The relief is unreal!
    I'll finally be able to open my phone bill without having a heart attack, I've been using my hotspot on my phone the last few months so my bill for my data has been sky high.
    I'll never take netflix for granted again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Having dinner at lunchtime, so when you get home you can just chill

The Farmer's Dinner, at around 12:30-1pm. I love it! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Flying to Paris tonight!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When self proclaimed "nice people" who you can see through starts to let their mask slip enough so others see it too

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

7i1828.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Starting to feel like a human person again. With actual tastebuds.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

\o/ YAY, Whoops! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Coming in out of freezing cold and having a hot cup of Bewleys tea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Lying here in hospital with a collapsed lung! :( I don't recommend it to anyone as a reasonable way to pass the time. It's trivial when you see what other people have to deal with though. At least the grub is nice. :)

I'm inflated again. :) Hope it holds now.

DarkInfamousGavial-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Finishing with 105 points in a game of bowling last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

At home in my dressing gown with tea and mini eggs. My dog is lying around my shoulders like some kind of parrot squirrel cushion hybrid. I'm meant to be going for a walk at seven by I might accidentally on purpose forget. TH that its mini eggs season.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Had a creme egg earlier, they are 2 for €2 for a while in work canteen.

Hopefully not a long term offer, or I will turn into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The watch straps that I ordered over a month ago showed up today. Delighted as I hadn't been able to wear a watch in about two months, having previously worn one daily.

Also, as I always am whenever I feel a cold coming on, massively grateful to this boardsie and their post from back in 2011.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71576947&postcount=39
    RedRebel wrote: »

Another tip related to the man-flu thread.

Red's patent-pending man-flu cure-all:

1. Boil water in kettle.
    2. Pour about 1/3 pint of orange juice into a pint glass.
    3. Place metallic table spoon in pint glass (to absorb the heat and stop glass possibly shattering).
    4. Add hot water to pint glass as desired.
    5. Add 1 Berocca tablet.
    6. Add 1 lemsip sachet.
    7. Add honey for sore throat (to taste).
    8. Add dash of whiskey (optional).

This concoction will literally boil and bubble when you add the Berocca, which makes it look the business. It doesn't just have the looks though, it packs a punch and will get you back on your feet.

I'm so sorry if the above has come too late for anyone who needed this a month ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

taking a break from Facebook :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Home after a long day at work, warm and cosy with a cup of tea. Happy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My room is warm and cosy :3

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Home after a long day at work, warm and cosy with a cup of tea. Happy.

Barry's tea :3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

My room is warm and cosy :3

Barry's tea :3?

You drank Bewleys earlier you traitor!!

TH that I haven't run out of Barry's yet since I moved with two boxes!

You drank Bewleys earlier you traitor!!

Lmb I can explain :3!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lmb I can explain :3!

There's no going back now, Barry's will feel cheated. Best to cut all ties now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

We were late getting home this evening and the minute we came in the mutt ran to the kitchen and got her teddy out of bed <3

The cuteness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

The little rush of adrenaline you get when you get an orange envelope on reddit or here when you’re expecting a message :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Demanding client, I had already spent 20 mins on the phone with, demands my boss's written address.
    When I give it to her she then demands the bosses bosses boss address, not something we have to hand as we have a chain of command.

I put her on hold while I find it, she hangs up and calls a colleague demanding I speak to her, so I start to call out the address I found for the most senior manager, the address is in Irish. I start to call out the address and she demands I spell it for her. I do, four words in she hangs up on me.

Sometimes with people, I have to see the funny side of it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The back of the house is flooded again, each side had water over half way up their garden.
    No doubt the rodents that live in the back walls are having wild pool parties, last night I heard one of the foxes calling.

Happy that that nature is helping take care of a man-made problem.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

When someone sends you a DM on twitter to rant about a mysoginistic bastard ..and then they realise I'm the bastard they are talking about :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm having an iMessage chat with my son, and it's all in cat images/gifs.
    This is what technology was made for.

Nearly Home Time :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Met my French friend, Maxime, he’s a fireman - brought me on a tour of his fire station!!! I wore the gear!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

I was in the dentist this morning having a filling, I use laughing gas at my visits to the dentist to relax me so I had my nose mask on and it was taking effect. The dentist asked me a question and I muttered something not to do with the question as I was out of it, it was hilarious :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I am using a public local library as a base for studying at the moment. I have been pleasantly surprised at how busy it is all day. From school children coming in groups with their teacher, people researching topics, people like myself doing some work, students doing homework in the evening and others who come in to read the daily papers.

I thought the whole world was being accessed solely through smartphones now, I'm glad to see that this is not exactly the case just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bath bombs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement