Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Samsung Smart LED TV w/wifi €365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Thargor wrote: »

YOU are correct Thargor :cool: but Fingerbib is the more technically correct ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fingerbib

FYI, i bought this TV, the UE46F6500:

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/44145/Samsung_46_inch_117cm_3D_LED_Smart_TV_with_400_Hz_refresh_and_Smart_Touch_Remote_with_voice_control/

from ibood a few weeks back (took 3 weeks for the ship, but that was made clear at the time of purchase) and it works fine. The TV was originally set to the italy region so the only thing I had to do was change the county in the Engineering/Service Menu (I don't mean the smartTV app country. You can google how to get to the engineering menu) to get the full Freesat EPG. (The F5500 has no DVB-S tuner so you wont get freesat on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I stand corrected. **** me it's confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

Just to double check b4 I order or not. I have a fta box ariva 120, and a aerial for my saorview which plugs into the 120.

Will my present setup work on this tv do you think, a poster mentioned earlier that you would only receive sd on fta only.
    Thanks in advance for any info given.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fingerbib

pat1981 wrote: »
    Just to double check b4 I order or not. I have a fta box ariva 120, and a aerial for my saorview which plugs into the 120.

Will my present setup work on this tv do you think, a poster mentioned earlier that you would only receive sd on fta only.
    Thanks in advance for any info given.

You can plug the aerial into this TV and receive the HD Saorview. Your box will also work with this and you will get HD via that if you connect with a HDMI cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It will pick up saorview on its own Pat but you'll have to plug an ariel into the port on the back, thats just the Irish channels in tv mode. Probably handier to stay watching the Irish channels on the Ariva as you're doing so you dont need to be hopping between TV/AV/HDMI when moving between Irish and UK channels.

You can plug the Ariva in to either the AV (standard def) or HDMI (high def) ports on the back and watch the Saorview and sattelite channels on that the way you currently are. The Ariva picks up RTE HD and BBC HD and any others no problem but you have to hook it up with a HDMI cable not SCART, grab one in Dealz if theres one near you or check the poundshops/Ebay, a cheap HDMI cable is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Moonbeam wrote: »
    we got our current tv from ibood before christmas,they had put an adapter in the box and it left a black mark on the tv. I informed them ,they asked for photos and sent a courier and within a week they had sent me my new perfect tv:)
    Thinking of getting this one now too....

I'd been meaning to ask how that went!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

another-question! would the smart features on this include rte and tv3 players if the tv detects irish wifi? alos did anyone notice if it comes with a 3 pin plug?:confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86458794

Looks like it, cant wait now.

Think we'll be very lucky if its a 3 pin plug though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

damian139 wrote: »
    another-question! would the smart features on this include rte and tv3 players if the tv detects irish wifi? alos did anyone notice if it comes with a 3 pin plug?:confused:

3pin adapter should be included. RTE player is available on Samsung smartHub, not sure about Tv3 player though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Word of warning if you are thinking of going for this - it will end at 11pm Irish time (its midnight c.e.t.) ...... very tempted by this , hard to justify with a perfectly working tv at home though. ..... or is it ...... must be strong. ..... although must not miss out. .......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

*cough* blame the cat *cough*

183435.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

Hi folks

Totally clueless regarding technology here, mother has a Philips TV and the screen has started to get splodgy ten years on so she's been hunting for a bargain TV. Her old TV doesn't even have a HDMI port, that's how old it is.

She has a saorview box, will this work with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Hi folks

Totally clueless regarding technology here, mother has a Philips TV and the screen has started to get splodgy ten years on so she's been hunting for a bargain TV. Her old TV doesn't even have a HDMI port, that's how old it is.

She has a saorview box, will this work with it?
    Yes or the aerial could be just plugged into the TV as per the posts above as it has inbuilt technology that means it doesn't require a seperate box.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

Yes or the aerial could be just plugged into the TV as per the posts above as it has inbuilt technology that means it doesn't require a seperate box.

Brilliant, thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

hey all, ive been reading the previous comments and trying to figure out the pro/cons of this.

SO far i am wondering, if this is a 3pin plug standard set up.

also what freeview channels will i get, basically will i get rte,tv3 etc irish freeview?

will this work with Sky satellite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Would I be able to use a wireless keyboard and mouse with this? Coukd i connect my external HD and download/playback via the web browser? Also could I stream from my laptop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

There's also 4% cashback from iBood with FatCheese (although their not overly reliable these days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Slunk wrote: »
    Would I be able to use a wireless keyboard and mouse with this? Coukd i connect my external HD and download/playback via the web browser? Also could I stream from my laptop ?

Haha why would you want or need to use a wireless keyboard and mouse on the tv..

Just share a network drive and the tv will pick up the drive and be able to play files from it with the remote, though the interface is crap, better off just with a HDMI cable attached to a PC/laptop with Xbmc or something running on it. Should also supports USB drives if u don't want to go that way.

Tv3 player is available on Samsung TVs to answer someone else's question.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

liam12989 wrote: »
    hey all, ive been reading the previous comments and trying to figure out the pro/cons of this.

SO far i am wondering, if this is a 3pin plug standard set up.

also what freeview channels will i get, basically will i get rte,tv3 etc irish freeview?

will this work with Sky satellite?
    In relation to the 3 pin plug- the lead is a normal figure of 8 lead - easily replace for a 3 pin plug one if necessary.
    Saorview will give you the Irish channels (RTE1/2, TV3/3e, TG4, RTE Jr, RTE Now, +1 and radio stations)
    Works fine with Sky - HDMI direct from Sky box or SCART via HDMI adapter (supplied) if no HDMI on Sky box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Does this tv have 3D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

epo addict wrote: »
    Does this tv have 3D ?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

i ordered two,one for myself and one for the mother.great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Do ibood.com accept payment through paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Bought one earlier, thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

epo addict wrote: »
    Do ibood.com accept payment through paypal?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Just ordered one, thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mangled

I need a tv!!!What uk channels will we be able to pick up or does it depend on what part of Ireland you are in?

Apart from a few lucky places with big aeriels in the North East you wont be picking up any UK channels with this tv. You'll need to hook it up to a sattelite box and put a dish on the wall to get BBC etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Just ordered, probably shouldn't have, but sure what can ya do

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement