Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 player now on samsung smart tvs

Options
  • 05-09-2013 9:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

joins the rte player on samsung smart tvs

Comments

Whish there was a way I could have Both RTE and Three on my Samsung TV as well as the BBC, ITV, CH4 and Ch5.

Does anyone know if its possible?

Using the UK Players at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ftakeith wrote: »
    joins the rte player on samsung smart tvs

Funny, the 3player shows up on my BDe-8900, but RTÉ player still doesn't. :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

only the TG4 player app to come to samsung smart tvs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

You have to be a resident in the uk to get the uk players and play content on most of them,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭emaherx

exercise wrote: »
    You have to be a resident in the uk to get the uk players and play content on most of them,

True, (without going into methods of circumventing geolocks)
    But surely residents of Northern Ireland who officially receive both RTE and BBC (not just overspill) should be able to use both.

• Advertisement

We have these two players, rte and 3player, on our two samsung smart tvs, E550 Smart Plasma and D6530 SMART LED they are working great,
    There are no uk players available from either smart tvs,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭dubrov

If you click >> 289 << on your remote, you can change the country region of the TV to whatever you want.

Selecting the UK will give you access to BBC iPlayer, 4OD, ITV Player, 5 player.

Without geoblock workarounds, only 4OD seems to work.

Note, changing region will uninstall your current apps so if you change to the UK, you lose RTE player and 3player.

Personally I think there is a lot more interesting stuff on 4OD than RTE Player and 3 Player combined

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Hey guys,
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but could anyone let me know for definite is the RTE app only available on Samsung smart tv's?
    My father is in the market and I would prefer him to get a higher spec Viera or Bravia over a Samsung but he reckons the RTE app is only on Samsungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭dubrov

Hey guys,
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but could anyone let me know for definite is the RTE app only available on Samsung smart tv's?
    My father is in the market and I would prefer him to get a higher spec Viera or Bravia over a Samsung but he reckons the RTE app is only on Samsungs.

I think it is only on the Samsungs.
    If he uses RTE player a lot then it is probably the way to go.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, Samsung is the only one with an RTE Player app.

Possibly because Samsung have Flash with updates. I'm presuming it was Samsung who made the app to suit their TV's maybe using the inbuilt Flash player.

• Advertisement

@tg4.ie>
    11:45 AM (3 hours ago)

to me
    , a chara.
    We got your recent query. Thanks. we've just completed the initial stage of our smart TV app development and hope to launch the TG4 player at the Oireachtas na Gaeilge festival at the end of October this year.
    Le meas

TG4
    Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Sorry for bringing up a month old thread, but is the 3Player only available on Samsung Smart TVs or is it supposed to available on the Samsung BluRay player which also has the Smart interface with RTE Player, YouTube etc.... the 3player still hasn't appeared in the Samsung App Download section?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

dubrov wrote: »
    If you click >> 289 << on your remote, you can change the country region of the TV to whatever you want.

Selecting the UK will give you access to BBC iPlayer, 4OD, ITV Player, 5 player.

Without geoblock workarounds, only 4OD seems to work.

Note, changing region will uninstall your current apps so if you change to the UK, you lose RTE player and 3player.

Personally I think there is a lot more interesting stuff on 4OD than RTE Player and 3 Player combined

I am able to have rte player, tv3 player, 4od, itv player and bbc iplayer all at the same time. (bbc iplayer doesnt play the stream though). I installed http://www.samygo.tv/ app. which then allows you to install any apps you want via ftp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

nicelives wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing up a month old thread, but is the 3Player only available on Samsung Smart TVs or is it supposed to available on the Samsung BluRay player which also has the Smart interface with RTE Player, YouTube etc.... the 3player still hasn't appeared in the Samsung App Download section?
    I have it on a Samsung BDE-8900M Blu-ray player, but strangely I can't get RTÉ Player on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

only the TG4 player app to come to samsung smart tvs

Appears to have TG4 player now

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Appears to have TG4 player now

which section is the TG4 player on the samsung smart tv

I can't find it so far

videos section

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

which section is the TG4 player on the samsung smart tv

I can't find it so far

Load the "Samsung Apps" app and you should see it in the Video section.

Version is 1.100 and date was 2014-06-25

Advertisement