Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭emo72

Alan I have been using a one plus since I moved on my nexus 5. When you adapt to the screen real estate it's hard to go back smaller. Although I'm sure I said last year 5 inch was the limit! Now it's 6 inch. I swear that's it. No more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I know for certain that I'm the biggest hypocrite out there at the moment :pac:

I'm giving out about the possibility of a 5.9" phone, but if it's the only one announced, I'll give out for about 20 mins, then buy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I don't know - I think a 6 inch phone would severely restrict their market share - it's just too big even with really narrow bezels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wasn't there a rumour recently that there will be a 64gb Nexus 5 released alongside the new Nexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

xtal191 wrote: »
    Wasn't there a rumour recently that there will be a 64gb Nexus 5 released alongside the new Nexus.

Didn't hear that, but I'd like buy that. I hate streaming music, and I usually stick to phones with microSD card slots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I can't imagine Google going for that when they have a range of cloud services.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Having gone from the Nexus 5 to the Note 3 I wouldn't be able to use a smaller screen again.
    While I like the note 3 I just can't get use to the samsung skin on android so it'll definitely be a Nexus 6 for me and not the note 4. The amount of people who comment on the size of the note 3 is something else so it should make for some slagging if it goes to 5.9 :)

BTW what is all the moaning from the internet about the specs about?
    I thought that was all put to bed ast week with the pic of the Shamu beside an LG G3 making the G3 look small!

original.jpg?w=704&h=528

nexus2cee_image_thumb45.png?w=704

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Didn't hear that, but I'd like buy that. I hate streaming music, and I usually stick to phones with microSD card slots.

Would you not get a One plus one 64GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Are we there yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

emo72 wrote: »
    Alan I have been using a one plus since I moved on my nexus 5. When you adapt to the screen real estate it's hard to go back smaller. Although I'm sure I said last year 5 inch was the limit! Now it's 6 inch. I swear that's it. No more!

Yeah I agree, love big phones.

I've a Moto G and Nexus 7 so I'd love a phone somewhere in the middle.

5" or a bit more would be perfect for me although having said that I'm sure I could get used to 6" ;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Seeing as how Motorola just released the Moto X 2014, I'm afraid that we're not going to see a very nexus like price for this (<450). I can't see them undercutting the X by that much with a superior device....surely that'd be shooting themselves in the foot?

I live in hope but if its above 450 then I'll be sticking with the N5.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Seeing as how Motorola just released the Moto X 2014, I'm afraid that we're not going to see a very nexus like price for this (<450). I can't see them undercutting the X by that much with a superior device....surely that'd be shooting themselves in the foot?

Google no longer own Motorola so that shouldn't stop them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the new nexus phone and some new google experience/silver phones announced at the same time. Might explain the variety of conflicting rumours. Looking like a 5.9 inch super sized new moto x. Google could have a deal with Motorola including a smaller screened project silver phone. Main complaint on new moto x seem to focus on battery life, a larger screen and larger battery in a Nexus version might work better.

Need to decide on new Nexus, Mi4 or OnePlus..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

but this is google's phone, not motorola's, the only one who will decide what price these sell for are google, and i dont see them starting with massive prices now, its the perfect time to completely undercut the likes of note 4 and iphone 6 plus, i know if this comes out at 400 il be buying one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Until we know the final specs I would reckon it will be comparable price wise to the N5, probably €400 for 16GB and €450 for 32GB. They'll manage this by not having some of the hardware features of the Moto X such as the infrared sensors on the front used for active screen and possibly not an amoled display? Also will probably only be a Snapdragon 801, none of the tech sites have fully confirmed it will have a 805?

Until we know the final specs I would reckon it will be comparable price wise to the N5, probably €400 for 16GB and €450 for 32GB. They'll manage this by not having some of the hardware features of the Moto X such as the infrared sensors on the front used for active screen and possibly not an amoled display? Also will probably only be a Snapdragon 801, none of the tech sites have fully confirmed it will have a 805?

dont see why they would put in subpar specs, the n5 had top of the range for its time, and a subpar cpu will be very noticeable with a 2k screen

dont see why they would put in subpar specs, the n5 had top of the range for its time

Maybe not subpar just lacking some of the features that set the Moto X apart?

Maybe not subpar just lacking some of the features that set the Moto X apart?

id agree with bells and whistles type stuff being absent, but they cant skimp on the cpu/gpu with the reported screen they want to put in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Camera, battery, SD card are all features that can be skimped on.

Camera, battery, SD card are all features that can be skimped on.

yeah, the n5 had a run of the mill battery and camera from what ive heard, but then the specs that have leaked for this phone say a 3200mA battery which seems pretty sizable imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

I cant see them skimping on camera or battery,these are big selling points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I cant see them skimping on camera or battery,these are big selling points.

I hope they skimp on the screen size. 5.9 is ridiculous, I have a Nexus 7 tablet for when I want a large screen. Really hope there is a range of devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

So do we know the release date yet?

So do we know the release date yet?

Nope, once they announce an event date for the announcement then going by previous years it will be available with a week or two of that date. Going by previous years it will be late Oct/early Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got myself a one plus one three weeks ago. Good phone, maybe I should have waited for this. (Just to get updates first) OPO is a excellent phone by all means. I wouldn't mind a 5.9 inch phone, as I had a Note II and now OPO both 5.5, would never go back to a smaller phone, trust me when you first get it you will be like this is massive and then after a while you realize how did I manage with such a small device, happened me with Note II.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

They don't really need mega selling points at all as this is meant to be a dev device not really a consumer one.
    Yep they are selling them on/in the store but they don't advertise it as such.

I'm thinking if they put everything people wanted into it and sold it at the typical Nexus price the Sammys and HTCs would be up in arms as why would anyone buy there overpriced phones??

I feel that just like all Nexus devices that came before it they will leave something out that will stop everyone and the Dog buying it... maybe a SD 801 not 805 and maybe 2GB RAM not 3.

I'm also thinking that as mass production of 64bit chips are still a few months off, we are going to see a Nexus update in feb announcing the 5.2'' 64bit version with 805/807 and 3GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm still using an N4 and I'm leaning towards something smaller next rather than bigger. Definitely don't want a near 6 inch phone.

A google play edition of the xperia z3 compact would suit me I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

god's toy wrote: »
    They don't really need mega selling points at all as this is meant to be a dev device not really a consumer one.
    Yep they are selling them on/in the store but they don't advertise it as such.

I'm thinking if they put everything people wanted into it and sold it at the typical Nexus price the Sammys and HTCs would be up in arms as why would anyone buy there overpriced phones??

I feel that just like all Nexus devices that came before it they will leave something out that will stop everyone and the Dog buying it... maybe a SD 801 not 805 and maybe 2GB RAM not 3.

I'm also thinking that as mass production of 64bit chips are still a few months off, we are going to see a Nexus update in feb announcing the 5.2'' 64bit version with 805/807 and 3GB.

The past few nexus phones have always had high end specs for the time they were released so I can't see them not doing that.

I was talking to a Google rep today and he said he has to head to the UK on the 16th for some event. He had no idea what it's for but giving the timing it's possible that it's a new nexus or something to do with android L.

Advertisement