Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus 6

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Interesting thing about the name here. :)

techtimes.com/articles/15466/20140912/ google-nexus-6-aka-x-rumor-roundup-what-expect-googles.htm

419 for a 32GB version. Still 300 less than a 16GB iPhone 6.

Thinking of giving my iPhone away and moving to the Nexus X and 9. :)

So it's expected to Next month roughly...

Wouldn't let me post a link so I'd to remove the start of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've articles from tech times pop up in my Google now feed over the summer, based on their track record with accurate predictions with a pinch of salt (unless said rumours are on several sources). I do think we'll see hardware in next 4-6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hoping its not a Phablet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Hoping its not a Phablet though!
    Nope it's going to be a Nexus 5 2014 edition, 5.25" screen made by Motorola.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-Shamu-aka-Nexus-6-full-specs-leak-5.2-QHD-screen-Snapdragon-805-and-Android-L_id59287

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

theres also a lot of credible rumors pointing to it being a 6inch phone though, personally i think they may do 2 models like apple, everyone is releasing a phablet these days and i can see google doing the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Motorola cameras..

Anyone else somewhat apprehensive?

24GB storage? Just make it 32GB!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

id actually rather they kept the screen at 1080p instead of QHD, would drain less battery while leaving the the cpu to work quicker on other things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

SuperOito wrote: »
    24GB storage? Just make it 32GB!

I'd say it probably is 32GB but 24GB after operating system takes a chunk out. Kinda like how people were giving out about the 16GB Galaxy S4 having only 8 or 9GB of usable storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Perhaps this is rubbish, but if true, the Nexus 6 could be a very decent improvement over the 5.

it_photo_215221_52.jpg

Snapdragon 805, 3GB RAM, Adreno 420, 515ppi, 13MP camera. All looks good.

• Advertisement

It's looking like it should be a mighty nice device.
    I wonder will it share any design cues with the Nexus tablet HTC is bringing out? Kinda like how the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 had a similar matt black type of back cover surface, I mean. As the HTC tab is said to have metal rear, maybe Shamu will also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I've articles from tech times pop up in my Google now feed over the summer, based on their track record with accurate predictions with a pinch of salt (unless said rumours are on several sources). I do think we'll see hardware in next 4-6 weeks.
    Me too for some reason them aand a couple of annoying Indian Tech sites with really crappy "leaks pop up on my google now :mad:
    Amalgam wrote: »
    Motorola cameras..

Nexus devices have never really been about cameras, if its better than my Nexus 5 ill be ecstatic
    id actually rather they kept the screen at 1080p instead of QHD, would drain less battery while leaving the the cpu to work quicker on other things
    Same here, a killer 1080p would suit me perfect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I really hope they keep that budget price tag.

Hopefully it'll be around €300 but if it's more I'd be massively disappointed.

I really hope they keep that budget price tag.

Hopefully it'll be around €300 but if it's more I'd be massively disappointed.

I think we can safely say it'll be more than 300. The Nexus 5 16GB is 350.

Hopefully not much more.

I'd happily pay 400 if they improve the Nexus camera.

SuperOito wrote: »
    I think we can safely say it'll be more than 300. The Nexus 5 16GB is 350.

Hopefully not much more.

I'd happily pay 400 if they improve the Nexus camera.

I would pay €400 too, it'd hurt but if the specs are what they say they are then I probably would.

Wallet won't be happy though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any date for when this will be announced?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Any date for when this will be announced?

None yet but expect late October/Halloween/First week of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The battery and camera will be important. The nexus 4 and 5 struggled big time with this. Would want to be at least a 3000 mah battery.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Amalgam wrote: »
    Motorola cameras..

Google will be sourcing them so yes you should be worried :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The battery and camera will be important. The nexus 4 and 5 struggled big time with this. Would want to be at least a 3000 mah battery.

There's a good chance they'll be working off of a Moto X '14 base, which has a 2,300mAh battery. It'll require considerably more oomph given the rumoured screen res, but I'm not expecting anything more than a day's moderate use between charges, all things considered.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote:
    There's a good chance they'll be working off of a Moto X '14 base, which has a 2,300mAh battery. It'll require considerably more oomph given the rumoured screen res, but I'm not expecting anything more than a day's moderate use between charges, all things considered.

Wouldn't agree with this as all people said the same about the N5 and the G2, those phones have nothing in common, it will be a Google device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

beno619 wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree with this as all people said the same about the N5 and the G2, those phones have nothing in common, it will be a Google device.

If only the N5 had the G2's battery!

corwill wrote:
    If only the N5 had the G2's battery!

And screen and camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I'm going to speculate that the Nexus 6 will be released 17th November 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

old_aussie wrote: »

Ahh, not this again. :pac:

See: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056795046/300/#post85917552

old_aussie wrote: »

What time that day? Are you talking about Dublin time or Sydney time? Will they be on the Irish Playstore at that time or just announced then? Will the official flipcase/tpu back case/Qi charger/Dock/Tempered glass screen protector/portable powerbank/all the previous items in a selection of 3 or more colours, be available at launch? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Had my Nexus 4 stolen/lost in August. November is a long time to wait! Nearly went for OneplusOne but the Nexus was so good to me, even if not my wallet with my 2 replacement screens!

Any update on a definite screen size yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

9to5 Google has an apparent leak on the upcoming Nexus 6.

See it here
    • 5.92" QHD display (498PPI)
    • 3200mAh battery
    • 13MP camera and 2MP front shooter
    • Snapdragon 805 processor
    • 3GB RAM

Not sure how I feel about the screen size, I've seen and used the Lumia 1320 which is 6" and that just felt awkward to use. A 5"2 device I could happily deal with, but anything much more would be too much for me. Maybe they'll go with two models as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

Still rocking the gnex so hopefully n6 will be released sooner rather than later so I can upgrade. Or should I just bite the bullet now and go for the g3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

Still rocking the gnex so hopefully n6 will be released sooner rather than later so I can upgrade. Or should I just bite the bullet now and go for the g3?

Advertisement