Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

5.9 actually has me excited :D would love a fast cheap modern phablet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

5.9 actually has me excited :D would love a fast cheap modern phablet
    A 5" Xperia Z1 was too big for my hands to use comfortably, what's the biggest size you've used on a daily basis? I'm hoping it's still a 5.25" device as rumoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

There isn't a hope in hell (IMO) that it'll be a near 6" device :D

They may take the apple route and release a 5.2" and 5.9" device, but they will not jump a whole inch from last years 4.95" Nexus 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A 6 inch device would be a disaster (if you ask me). I have the Nexus 5 and for me, it's just about usable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I have a Moto G which is 4.5" which I use daily and a Nexus 7 which is 7" and I use that daily too.

I think 5.5" would be the sweetspot for most people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wouldn't surprise me if they keep the Nexus 5 and sell it alongside the Nexus 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I got the impression that the 5.9" "Shamu" would end up being a Moto S or some such, with the Nexus "6"/"X" ending up being a 5.2"-er.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

5.2 and this is my next phone, 6 or close = no.

ive handled a note 3, big but not an unusable size, and for the amount of screen for media i think its well worth it, but my opinion is that google will release a phablet and a 5.2 inch phone to compete with apple and samsung, theres just too many rumors/leaks of this 6 inch for it to be nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I was really looking forward to the Nexus 6 but if it does come in at 5.92" I guess I'll be keeping my M8 for a while yet.

• Advertisement

http://www.talkandroid.com/221264-nexus-6-will-be-made-by-motorola-qhd-display-and-moto-x-like-design-included/?utm_source=feedburner-ta&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AndroidNewsGoogleAndroidForums+%28TalkAndroid+-+Android+News%2C+Rumours%2C+and+Updates%29
    Almost matching the number in its name, the Nexus 6 will have a 5.9-inch display. The resolution of the Shamu-sized screen is 2560×1440 (QHD). This puts its pixel density at 496 pixels per inch. Your eyes will be thanking you endlessly. Inside is a generously sized 3200mAh battery.

I'm personally disappointed about the size. 5.2" sounded just right. Specs look amazing in fairness though.

nexus_6_android_police-630x424.png

I'll believe it when I see it :D

Reading the comments from the article above, 1 suggestion stood out to me.
    If there is to be a 5.9" Nexus 6, they may do a Nexus 5 2014 edition with some updated innards and ship it with Android L.

EDIT: I also see that GSM arena has this listed as 5.2 inch, but I don't know how reliable they are.

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_nexus_6-6604.php

there is going to be a 5.9 inch something or other anyway, too many rumors and leaks for there not to be, bigger question is whether there will be a smaller device

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

There better be a smaller device!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any word on price?

arnt nexus devices always between 350-400?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'd say with specs being rumoured this will be more like 499?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thats why I asked, I dont see how its physically possible to produce these specs mentioned in all these articles for the usual price range, the best but still totally inferior Chinese phones from the likes of ZTE are going for 2X that price.

I'd say with specs being rumoured this will be more like 499?

only thing that seems stronger than usual is the big 2k screen (but then thats just normal tech progression), nexus 5 came out with absolute top of the range specs for its time at 350 and 400

Nexus devices have always been sold subsidised to promote Play content purchases / Drive space / Play Music etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

I've yet to see any semi reliable information about the Nexus 6/X, all of these "confirmations" seem to be based off of wild rumours and rendered images of what other sites claim it'll look like and they don't really seem to know much themselves, they just link back and forth to each other as a source.

I'd love a 5.9 inch screen, front facing speakers and HOPEFULLY a decent battery, but I'm still worried there won't be an announcement of a phone in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

only thing that seems stronger than usual is the big 2k screen (but then thats just normal tech progression), nexus 5 came out with absolute top of the range specs for its time at 350 and 400

Really hope it is sub 500! Wish they would even announce and announcement date so we can get an idea when to expect it. Tempted by the Note 4 but cost is putting me off, it will likely drop between now and early/mid November which is when next Nexus will most likely be shipping (Going by Nexus 5)....

The N4 and N5 were both announced on the last week of October.

I know form doesn't necessarily mean much, but we could be 4 weeks away from an announcement during week commencing Oct 27th, if Google stick to form.

I agree with you Hellbound, there really is nothing concrete about any of the info we're being fed on this device.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

its either the one plus one or the nexus for me and then i am going sim only.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

A little note from the guy at Android Police about the Nexus 6 design and specs

I guess all the information is true, I didn't trust the original site that posted it last week but Android Police have always seemed pretty reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Without hijacking the thread but are Google now shipping to Ireland judging on the Google store it looks like they are

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jonon9 wrote: »
    Without hijacking the thread but are Google now shipping to Ireland judging on the Google store it looks like they are

They have for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

They have for months now.

Where they hell have I been lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Proper order too considering all the nice tax breaks we've been giving them!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I hope Google launch 2 Nexus phones, one around 5" and another phablet size.

Here's hoping they keep the cheap Nexus pricing too!

Advertisement