Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning for Next Year Whats Happend So Far

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

To be honest, I hate it whatever the context. Even if there are non-clashing drapes. Been to one wedding with it, plus other events, plus have seen tonnes of FB pics of it. Just not my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sorry about that Silver and Thank you to the men too... I am not too pushed on the uplighters now either, I was planning to have a Disco ball!1 a bit sparkly one :) . I don't want to do too much with lighting, himself does like it though so this may all change if he decides before the day itself...

I do agree slightly Tarzana so of the draping is done way over the top.. I was just looking for something to dress the room really and this is all I could think of. Lets say tis a long straight room with windows on one side, plain and a blank wall on the other. Not sure what else I could do..

Alora aren't in the good books now still haven't emailed back.. Ill give them till Friday and then they go on the blacklist..

January wrote: »
    Few bits left to do... have to get sand for the sand ceremony and page boy suits sorted (one is 5 and one will be just 8 months at the time of the wedding so leaving it so they both don't take a stretch.) That's about it :)

Not too much then, I hope you can relax a bit before it.. You must come back and give us an update of how it went..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Milly33 wrote: »

Alora aren't in the good books now still haven't emailed back.. Ill give them till Friday and then they go on the blacklist..

Phoning people will get you a much quicker response. A lot of suppliers aren't great with emailing back.

I hate talking to people on the phone, its so annoying and I work in sales and reception haha.. But maybe if they don't come back I will call.. Was very surprised at the amount of places that do not reply.. We emailed a place about catering and she never came back, then got onto Facebook and she was all apoligies, sent her the email again and nothing. Had to ask her three times and heard nothing hence she is now on the blacklist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The girl that I speak with in Alora's is Sinead and she is lovely. She usually returns calls within the hour if she doesn't answer the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was trying to go through old emails to see how much we spent on draping but I can't find it - I know it was very expensive though! We got 3 walls of the room done along with a fairylight backdrop and some gold uplighters and as far as I can remember it was >1k. It did look amazing and the hotel said they'd never seen the room looking so well but it's a lot of money! We used Hanley Events who I definitely wouldn't recommend as they were a nightmare to deal with even though they did a great job in the end

Thanks Angel, jes 1K is a lot alright but then if you really wanted it, id say it made an awful difference.. Sinead just came back there to me after commenting saying they hadn't come back to the email.. I do understand that people aren't great at getting back with emails the older generation but then a pet hate of mine is why have an email address or a facebook page if you aren't using it... They were updating their page so why not check the messages,, But anywho well see what she says.

Sorry I cannot find the thread looking for invites.. ANywho I was had my heart set on one invite that I was going all DIY on and was planning to order from JJ's house online. But when it came to ordering himself spotted this other carnival type invite which I must say suits to a tee, so we are aiming for that now... So after a search we came across this lady on adverts, I must say I am well impressed with her, she was back within mins to me and has already said she can do them and will send me a sample after Christmas. She seems to have a nice few things on her facebook page if anyone is looking https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wedding-Creations/361287490691861?fref=ts

well went for the firs try outs of proper wedding dresses..Must say I was surprised at what I liked, strangely laces suits..I always thought they looked a bit dollie like.. Very boring though nothing exciting.. On the other hand we managed to book a band yippee and they will be rocking...

• Advertisement

How much would you say is good value for hair and makeup.. My mum just came back saying this place would do it for €60 per person that's not bad is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Not bad at all. I paid E70 for make-up, and another 40 for hair. Unfortunately, there aren't many hairstylists catering for black people...:(

PM me if you need a MUA. I can give you a couple of names.

Hello oh your a savour!! Yeah I was kinda like that's not too bad now. Was annoyed I did email another lady who well my family go to and then when I asked would they travel and how much I heard nothing back which is annoying, so she is off the list...

This place is brocade and lime and town, haven't gone in myself as I am not really a shopper but mum said they were loverly... I might have to wonder.

I was trying to figure out what MUA was (I did google it) haha, would love some recommendations please if you have them. I not looking for anything mad just nice and light, was half thinking of doing it myself but sure it might be nice to treat myself. thank you

I don't want to tell you your business Milly, but you should really get a Make-up Artist. You tell them what you want, but they'll do your make-up in such a manner that you'll look great and it'll last all day.

Martha Mulconry did my make up. She did a fantastic job. My mate wanted her for her wedding, but Martha was pregnant at the time, and couldn't. Another girl in Douglas did hers, which might suit you better location-wise. Can't remember the girl's name, but can have a scout round. She writes a column for the Cork News.

Oh no I agree with you. I don't think it would be an absolute disaster if I didn't get the makeup done but at the same time I would like too and that the people who do it know what they are doing.

I just emailed brocade and lime there to see how they work.

Douglas is just down the road alright but I am hoping to have them come to us. The place is just outside Fermoy and the ceremony isn't until 3ish, so the plan was to be there nice and early and chill and then let the games begin. I like to be fresh and ready to go so the latest I can hold it off till the better otherwise ill be climbing the walls.

I shall look up Martha there too, thanks so much again your a great help

Well now they are in the bad books already. Just got an email back saying they don't offer mobile hair and makeup grand, but that the €60 package also isn't for weddings "THERE IS A DIFFERANT PRICE FOR THAT" that crap annoys me..

Martha tis then

Milly - Have a look at this this thread which I put up a couple of years ago for my mate. She went with Catherine Bourke in the end, but there are a couple of recommendations on there which might help.

Thank you again, would it be Caroline Bourke maybe just found her on Facebook but looks all a bit samey.. I am just going to email your lady there and see.. Have tried two others aswell fingers crossed..

Seem to have made some progress if anyone else would be interested. I did email Martha but she hasn't come back yet.. I am such a stickler to replying to emails first come, first serve.

In the meantime I asked a few and someone suggested Louise Falvey in Whitegate, anyone here have any experience with her. My cousin had her do makeup for a party and said she was loverly. Anywho, she seems very nice has said she will come to the venue for an extra €50 and isn't charging a fortune.. Going to arrange a trial with her to see what she is like..

Then she suggested Emmas Mobile Hair Salon - Cobh. She has come back with prices not bad at all either and seems very nice so going to arrange a trial with her too..

Will let ye know if they are any good.

Just incase anyone is looking wedding creations on Facebook based in Wexford has started selling DIY pocketfolds, typical was looking for them at the stat but could not find reasonable priced ones

• Advertisement

Finally put an order in with JJS house to see what is like got some wedding wands, lanterns and some bridesmaids gift I hope they are nice now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Finally put an order in with JJS house to see what is like got some wedding wands, lanterns and some bridesmaids gift I hope they are nice now

What are wedding wands?

sticks with ribbon and bells more or less..They are fairly easy to make if you have all the bits but if not it adds up..sorry I cant add an pic but if you google they show up..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

sticks with ribbon and bells more or less..They are fairly easy to make if you have all the bits but if not it adds up..sorry I cant add an pic but if you google they show up..

What are they used for :confused:

Shake, shake, shake ok fine its turning into a kids party haha.. just like another way of throwing confetti, (you don't throw the sticks at the couple haha) but you can wave them while they are passing or kids can play with them

Shake, shake, shake ok fine its turning into a kids party haha.. just like another way of throwing confetti, (you don't throw the sticks at the couple haha) but you can wave them while they are passing or kids can play with them

Thanks.

Wouldn't be for me! :o But whatever floats your boat. :)

were all different and tis floating my boat great haha they have lots of things on the site but I heard the shipping can be slow enough but we shall see..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I was singing at a wedding last week that had these. They actually looked lovely as the bride and groom walked out of the church, everyone was waving them .

yeah they were nice, thanks.... I was just trying to think of something different, as trying to think of different confetti's and what would not be wasted... Think they will work with bubbles too

• Advertisement

Ok so finally ordered something from JJS house and am back with a report. I didn't get a dress or anything in the end just bits and bobs and well mmmm it is debatable..

I ordered some lanterns they were cost saving alight €15.50 9 (for ten) and €17.50 (for ten) in green and white. Then some wedding wands which are actually lovely I must saw there is a nice tone to the bells in them.

I got Eco tools bamboo brushes too that well the pic makes them look much bigger but the set itself is nice. But they sent one original and two that look like copies of them don't look half as good so I am waiting for them to come back..

Some cost saving but feck sure didn't I get caught with the vat which was around €42 so mmm it is debatable really

Advertisement