Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I’m not here long enough to know what D3VIL time is.

D3VIL, let's just say he goes through a lot of bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

blade1 wrote: »
    D3VIL, let's just say he goes through a lot of bikes.

Ah. Well if my bikes will be anything like my car history I’ll drive this one until I can get a bit of a Vaseline with the insurance quote for something a bit nicer. Then drive that into the ground and go around again.

I tend to buy newer cars, generally about 2 years old and hold onto them for 7 or 8 years when they start to cost me real money as opposed to regular service money.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

Breezin wrote: »
    Back in the day, I actually sold an XJ 750 in beautiful condition so that I could buy a Fiat 127 rust bucket and pay for the insurance, which cost more than the car. :o:eek::mad:

It wasn’t yellow by any chance? If so I know where it is :pac:

I’m not here long enough to know what D3VIL time is.

D3V!L is a legend when it comes to changing bikes :pac:

blade1 is a good test pilot as well, just don’t ask him to test ride a bike in the snow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Breezin

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    It wasn’t yellow by any chance? If so I know where it is :pac:

White. The bits that weren't full of rust, that is!

• Advertisement

Breezin wrote: »
    White. The bits that weren't full of rust, that is!

Yellow ones are fastest.......... but because of this, roll easier too :o

Ah here :rolleyes:

3-F4670-A8-42-AF-463-C-9-A8-D-5-C59854551-FD.png

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Ah here :rolleyes:

3-F4670-A8-42-AF-463-C-9-A8-D-5-C59854551-FD.png

It is what it is alright :-)

It is what it is alright :-)

He wanted 3 grand for the lot this morning

He wanted 3 grand for the lot this morning

Yeah but it's missing the one that was somewhat all there but rough as fuq.

• Advertisement

Yeah but it's missing the one that was somewhat all there but rough as fuq.

I’d love to know did he sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I was up to my eyes today but still found time to troll him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Did anyone try ringing Axa for a quote on the phone? tried twice and waited guts of 40 mins each time before getting fed up.

Renewal Quote: €463.21 which compares to approx €316.13 last year. It's a much more expensive bike but reckon it's pricey. My car insurance costs less.

cyk1Meo.png

Did anyone try ringing Axa for a quote on the phone? tried twice and waited guts of 40 mins each time before getting fed up.

Renewal Quote: €463.21 which compares to approx €316.13 last year. It's a much more expensive bike but reckon it's pricey. My car insurance costs less.

cyk1Meo.png

My renewal with AXA is due in 4 weeks, they acted the pr1ck with me last week so I’ll be leaving. CN quoted me €403 on my 4 bikes fully comprehensive.

Principal wanted €650 for the busa plus €57 extra per bike.

I’d love to know did he sell it
    No chance!!!

No chance!!!

I wouldn’t buy it either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Get that man to give you a go on the digger and play this as you do it :pac::pac::pac:

Neighbours had enough noise to deal with this morning without the hardship of my singing added to it 😂

Think I am going to try putting on a helmet and going for a spin for a couple of hours.
    Its too nice out and I fed up of waiting.
    Plus I've been doing the best I can with restrictions over the last 13 months or so!!!
    Keep her lit!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Think I am going to try putting on a helmet and going for a spin for a couple of hours.
    Plus I've been doing the best I can with restrictions over the last 13 months or so!!!
    Keep her lit!;)

Take her handy out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Keep her lit!;)

Well you have your whole county to explore now :)

• Advertisement

Back from a decent spin anyway.
    First went to the local garage to fill up.
    The speed camera van was there and as I got off the bike, the driver goes to me " watch out for the guards, they are up the road about 10miles checking for speed.
    I goes " they'll have some job trying to catch me".
    We both laughed and off he went.
    Sure enough, 10miles up the road guards had someone pulled in.

Of course something had to pique my interest before getting home.
    Half interested but there's a couple of other bikes on my mind as well.
    It's not top of my list but it's in nice nick and on closer inspection it's even cleaner than it first looks.

IMG-20210421-124356-Bokeh.jpg

I finally coaxed the CBR into life this evening :D

Did the same, taxed and insured mine today. Insurance was up in March and hadn't renewed given the bikenwas SORN.

Put the bike together over the last 3 weeks. Still a few small jobs but going well so far

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Fab day for it :-)

Fab day for it :-)

The last time the engine was turned over was Joey Dunlop’s funeral :o

The last time the engine was turned over was Joey Dunlop’s funeral :o

Jaysis!

Did the same, taxed and insured mine today. Insurance was up in March and hadn't renewed given the bikenwas SORN.

Put the bike together over the last 3 weeks. Still a few small jobs but going well so far

Taxed mine last week (€26) and the insurance renewal is due next Monday. 3 weeks? Good going. Have you put up photos of how it went? Excuse my ignorance if you have

Taxed mine last week (€26) and the insurance renewal is due next Monday. 3 weeks? Good going. Have you put up photos of how it went? Excuse my ignorance if you have

I havent, I stripped it down over winter with the intention of having the frame powdercoated - 600F3, last of the steelies but then life got in the way so it ended up just going back together. Replaced the fuel system, all lines, filter and pump, rear brake caliper had a cross threaded nipple so replaced the caliper and fitbclocks from an F4i. Waiting on wheels to arrive which I'm having powdercoated then I'll be swapping them around.

Anyway I'm more interested in yours, what have I missed?

I havent, I stripped it down over winter with the intention of having the frame powdercoated - 600F3, last of the steelies but then life got in the way so it ended up just going back together. Replaced the fuel system, all lines, filter and pump, rear brake caliper had a cross threaded nipple so replaced the caliper and fitbclocks from an F4i. Waiting on wheels to arrive which I'm having powdercoated then I'll be swapping them around.

Anyway I'm more interested in yours, what have I missed?

That’s some amount of work you’ve done so far. I’m only starting out. I’ve serviced the engine so far and that’s about it. She’s a 91 that was parked up in July 2000, was unloved and sat in a dealership in West Cork. I’m glad to have it though

F85-DE052-A8-A1-44-B3-99-D5-D77-D2-AAA9-F1-B.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

quick question - how old does a bike need to be to qualify as a classic for tax/insurance?

Advertisement