Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭goblin59

UrbanFret wrote: »

I'd love to get a small little bike at some point for around the city.
    I love my F650gs, but it can be a bit on the heavy side.

Dad has a CCM 644 that is amazing for the city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

goblin59 wrote: »
    I'd love to get a small little bike at some point for around the city.
    I love my F650gs, but it can be a bit on the heavy side.

Dad has a CCM 644 that is amazing for the city

The CCM looks a cracking machine. A real standout.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    The CCM looks a cracking machine. A real standout.

yeah!
    He bought it as the engine is a straight swap into a Suzuki DR650 if he needs a replacement, but then he found he loved riding the bike anyway.
    little nippy machine, he got a great deal on it, came with a set of cast alloy and a second set of spoked wheels for off road for about 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Looking for a recommendation, Is there any Irish companies that do customized motorbike stickers and Keyrings? Would rather but Irish then international online if possibly. Ones like the photo here, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Theres a few on Facebook if you have a search. If I find one I'll send the link.

Going to have to lay off the motorbike for a few weeks my weight is right up and I want to get it down again and possibly pick a fight so back on the non engined bike and back to the gym

• Advertisement

Theres a few on Facebook if you have a search. If I find one I'll send the link.

Going to have to lay off the motorbike for a few weeks my weight is right up and I want to get it down again and possibly pick a fight so back on the non engined bike and back to the gym

Mind yourself and the bike will be waiting for ya :D Thanks

Try and get a good kettlebell and a skipping rope for days like this where its too **** to go out on the bicycle.
    What we were mainly using when i was training Muay Thai.

Try and get a good kettlebell and a skipping rope for days like this where its too **** to go out on the bicycle.
    What we were mainly using when i was training Muay Thai.

Yeah I train a lot of Muay Thai, had two MMA fights last year but had a torn rotator cuff and a torn AC in the other shoulder during camp for the second and haven't trained consistently since. Life got in the way, new job etc but need to get back at it

Yeah I train a lot of Muay Thai, had two MMA fights last year but had a torn rotator cuff and a torn AC in the other shoulder during camp for the second and haven't trained consistently since. Life got in the way, new job etc but need to get back at it

yeah i ****ed my knee up overtraining.
    my IT band is rubbing against the knee. Was running 10k with a 40KG backpack for HIIT training and its been ****ed since.

had a few fights for muay thai, but i couldn't do it anymore, too many injuries.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My CBX500 will be going in for its first service next month and I was going to get one or two parts fitted. Question in relation to the hand guards. There are two options I can the official Honda ones and the Givi ones.

The Givi ones are cheaper but look like they cover more (the connect to the ends of the bars where as the Honda ones are only knuckle covers). Would I be better off with the Givi ones?

Look at the bark busters.
    my friend has them on his CBX500
    They have a metal guard for added protection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I have these - they are very good.

yeah i ****ed my knee up overtraining.
    my IT band is rubbing against the knee. Was running 10k with a 40KG backpack for HIIT training and its been ****ed since.

had a few fights for muay thai, but i couldn't do it anymore, too many injuries.

We should have a spin and a spar some day

*note to self, teep the knee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

We should have a spin and a spar some day

*note to self, teep the knee

**** that, I'm going for the takedown and aggressive struggle cuddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The good thing about rigid handguards is that if you come off you don't break levers.
    The bad side is you don't want your hand going down between the guard if you come off, you end up with a broken wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Would anyone know of a bike courier doing fairly regular European trips from Ireland I need a bike brought from Switzerland to Ireland and back to Switzerland again fairly soon.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Attila Slampi. Back and forth a good bit I believe. Knew nothing of him before I bought the red Dr but helped me a lot with reging it when it wasn't even me who bought it from him. Brings in kinda niche bikes too. slampi@yahoo.com

@sonic2k did i see you going past in bray about 9:40 this morning?
    seen a bike with a similar faring on my way to greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

@sonic2k did i see you going past in bray about 9:40 this morning?
    seen a bike with a similar faring on my way to greystones

Nah wasn't me, I'm down in Cork so I'd be around Munster pretty much all the time.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Nah wasn't me, I'm down in Cork so I'd be around Munster pretty much all the time.

Ah fair!

Went into Aldi earlier for Bungy Cords to hold down the bike cover in winds etc, couldn’t find them but found Luggage straps for like €5, perfect, just tied down the bike plus got Gorilla superglue for €5 too (get two tubes) handy as I had to fix a crack in a fairing. Worth checking out Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Went into Aldi earlier for Bungy Cords to hold down the bike cover in winds etc, couldn’t find them but found Luggage straps for like €5, perfect, just tied down the bike plus got Gorilla superglue for €5 too (get two tubes) handy as I had to fix a crack in a fairing. Worth checking out Aldi.

Yeah, they have some good finds alright. It's a shame they (and Lidl) don't do their motorcycle gear specials any more.

For anyone looking to get bungee cords for luggage though, I'd strongly recommend Rok Straps instead. They're more expensive, but well, well worth the extra money.

If there is one thing I absolutely hate, it's trying to figure out what tires my bike can use. I need to replace mine, so some help would be good.

2001 Dragstar 650, current tires.
    Front 130/90-16M/C 67H
    Back 170/80-15 M/C77H

I was looking at https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/Metzeler-ME-888-Marathon-Ultra-Whitewall-Tyres/m-16477.aspx

Can anyone confirm for sure if the two following will fit.

Metzeler ME 888 Marathon Ultra Whitewall Tyres
    130/90 - 16 M/C 67H TL WW Front

Metzeler ME 888 Marathon Ultra Whitewall Tyres
    170/80 B 15 M/C 77H TL WW Rear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Lol, they're identical. But I wouldn't just go by what's fitted have a Google for the standard size, just in case

Edit, googled it for you *rolls eyes, that's standard for your bike.

zubair wrote: »
    Lol, they're identical. But I wouldn't just go by what's fitted have a Google for the standard size, just in case

Yeah I know, but I got stung before haha.

Also looking for a friends Intruder.

Front 100/90 HI8
    Back 170/80 - 15/MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Was expecting principal to laugh me off the phone but it would cost me €98 (no broking fee) to change to a 2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R from the CBF600 with 2 years NCB. Renewal is May 2021.

Going to look at getting one in November just have to find somewhere to try one out.

I really need something new :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

My blade had the forks done in May, now I’ve hit trouble 2-300 miles in. She’s going back to get sorted on Monday

74-BB4-A43-00-D5-4078-9-D1-B-C0-C108-AA8-CD9.jpg

Was expecting principal to laugh me off the phone but it would cost me €98 (no broking fee) to change to a 2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R from the CBF600 with 2 years NCB. Renewal is May 2021.

Going to look at getting one in November just have to find somewhere to try one out.

I really need something new :pac: :pac:

pertty sure overlanders have one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My blade had the forks done in May, now I’ve hit trouble 2-300 miles in. She’s going back to get sorted on Monday

74-BB4-A43-00-D5-4078-9-D1-B-C0-C108-AA8-CD9.jpg

Wheelie's can do that.
    You'll also be looking at headstock bearings, probably clutch friction plates if your slipping the clutch for lifting.
    Also if you are doing copious amounts the front subframe in those blades will start bending down and your headlights will end up only lighting up 2 ft in front of you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

blade1 wrote: »
    Wheelie's can do that.
    You'll also be looking at headstock bearings, probably clutch friction plates if your slipping the clutch for lifting.
    Also if you are doing copious amounts the front subframe in those blades will start bending down and your headlights will end up only lighting up 2 ft in front of you! :D
    I’ve never done a wheelie :o

Now you mention it I might try it and then replace the clutch :pac:

Headstock bearing? Labour intensive :eek:

I’m hoping it’s only a blown/defective seal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I’ve never done a wheelie :o

Now you mention it I might try it and then replace the clutch :pac:

Headstock bearing? Labour intensive :eek:

I’m hoping it’s only a blown/defective seal

Try running a slim plastic blade around the seal first before bringing anywhere. Can be just dirt. Blades are available eBay or motorcycle shops online.

Advertisement