Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lidl have these soldering guns back in.
    I have one with a few years and find it great.
    Especially when soldering wires on bikes.
    Being trigger fed it frees up a hand and gives a nice coat of solder.

unnamed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Winner, must buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,943 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Anyone know where I can get a 36mm socket in Dublin

Tried McQuillans on Capel St, no joy

I'll try Southside Motor Factors (they only list sets on their website) but where else should I try.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

If you're stuck and want to crack on, I'm heading to work now (St Margarets) and have one.

If you're looking for places that'll do an individual socket - E Fox at Baldonnell or Ted Johnsons Naas.

Thanks I'll try them if SMF don't come up trumps.

Not crazy urgent but my chain is getting pretty slack :eek:

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

@blade1 Freshly delivered from the company you posted the link to.

F05-C5073-3-BBD-4-CFB-838-D-910-E11431100.jpg

got the 36mm socket in Southside for 20 quid, Teng Tools, reasonable enough I thought.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭blade1

@blade1 Freshly delivered from the company you posted the link to.

F05-C5073-3-BBD-4-CFB-838-D-910-E11431100.jpg

Looks lovely :)
    What did it cost all in?

got the 36mm socket in Southside for 20 quid, Teng Tools, reasonable enough I thought.

Not too bad and being 36mm surely won't get lost.
    Not like those little bastard 10mm f*ckers!

blade1 wrote: »
    Looks lovely :)
    What did it cost all in?

€95 including delivery, very happy with it. Dispatched from Germany on Tuesday, received today, postage included a tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Renewed my insurance today, renewal was about 260e. Tried Carol Nash for a quote - came back at 850e. When I mentioned my renewal, they came down to under 300e instantly. Some amount of mark-up if you're not haggling on the phone.

Also, Principal and Carole Nash both offered my policies from Axa, which where significantly cheaper than from Axa themselves. Are we pretty much down to two insurance underwriters again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Late i know but

https://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/sockets-accessories/laser-air-impact-deep-socket-36mm-1-2drive

Took a trip out earlier to price getting the screen tinted, it’s like a multicoloured tint, €60 all in

My legs are still killing me :pac:

760-A62-E4-6621-4347-ADD3-E2-B2-A1-FAD935.jpg

Alkers wrote: »
    Renewed my insurance today, renewal was about 260e. Tried Carol Nash for a quote - came back at 850e. When I mentioned my renewal, they came down to under 300e instantly. Some amount of mark-up if you're not haggling on the phone.

Also, Principal and Carole Nash both offered my policies from Axa, which where significantly cheaper than from Axa themselves. Are we pretty much down to two insurance underwriters again?
    It's this fuc*in dogsh*t that pisses me off with these pric*s, ffs the utter cheek!
    I really hope you demanded to speak to whomever was highest up after being handed that sh1t and ripped into him/her.

... And breathe...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Surely that's TPFT. I just renewed yesterday too, CN undercut principal but still only just under the 500 mark. Seems everyone gets quoted less than me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Anyone on here buy that CBX on DD....??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭listermint

zubair wrote: »
    Surely that's TPFT. I just renewed yesterday too, CN undercut principal but still only just under the 500 mark. Seems everyone gets quoted less than me lol.

Mines around 3 mark . CN always consistently pisstakers with price though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

Anyone on here buy that CBX on DD....??

It seems to have sold very quickly. Same with a clean W650 that went up yesterday - sold within hours.

It seems to have sold very quickly. Same with a clean W650 that went up yesterday - sold within hours.

The CBX had more to it than was in the ad...;)

• Advertisement

The CBX had more to it than was in the ad...;)

Do tell !

Do tell !

That bike never ran...it was bought as a non runner in the UK and was never fired up here.....dont remember there being a V5 at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can carry your no clams bonus from Ireland to another EU country.
    Poland pacifically I will be emigrating there later this year.

Pacifically?

Er, to answer the question, I think not.

Life ain't always empty.

Guess what.

Searching through my toolbox today looking for something else I found.. yes.. another 36mm socket :rolleyes: I bought it to undo the engine sprocket on my previous bike.

Anyone interested in a Teng Tools 36mm 1/2" socket, only used once, PM me, boardsie pricing! :)

Life ain't always empty.

That's fully comp, protected NCB, riding other bikes, legal cover and breakdown.
    13 years NCB on a 2005 SV650s.

I think the minimum premium is 250e, hence I lob all the extras on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

That's fully comp, protected NCB, riding other bikes, legal cover and breakdown.
    13 years NCB on a 2005 SV650s.

I think the minimum premium is 250e, hence I lob all the extras on.

Do they count 13 years NC though. Mine did spike when I changed bike so that's probably it, when I had the SV it was fairly reasonable, every bike afterwards has been more expensive.

€247 with Principal on a '07 R1200R, full NCB (whatever that equates to).

Do they count 13 years NC though. Mine did spike when I changed bike so that's probably it, when I had the SV it was fairly reasonable, every bike afterwards has been more expensive.

I have 13 years but the NCB point is 9+ years or 5+ years depending on the insurer.

I have moved job and am now cycling to work so I probably did about 150km on my bike last year, previously I was doing 300km a week.

• Advertisement

Guess what.

Searching through my toolbox today looking for something else I found.. yes.. another 36mm socket :rolleyes: I bought it to undo the engine sprocket on my previous bike.

DOH! :o

Whilst mine needed no searching (because recent changes to toolbox storage policy - put in back in the right place when finished) I cannot remember why I bought it. It must have been for a car and it must have been bought in a shop (it's a 3/4" drive with a 3/4" to 1/2" adapter), but the rest escapes me.

Advertisement