Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭listermint

zubair wrote: »
    Not sure where you're commuting from but it really wasn't that bad in Kildare/ Dublin at 8:30. I've encountered worse winds on days when there was no warning.

Wicklow - Dublin

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I drove in from south Dublin and it was fine, just a bit of a drizzle.

Oh its coming, sitting here watching it hammer down outside. Miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

At its heaviest so far now on the Cork Waterford border.

DPD driver better not chicken out and decide not to deliver my tyres! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Apocolyptic in wicklow now.....:eek:

blade1 wrote: »
    The Tuono Racing on latest issue of fastbikes :)

FB-IMG-1578157601090.jpg
    H_Lime wrote: »
    Sweet, a tunono will tear the balls off the firestorm lol.
    That 954 is running radials.
    In fairness there's not much that woudn't tear the balls of a firestorm, most misnamed bike ever :p guy I knew owned one, drank petrol but wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding (well, compared to other litre twins)

The startling conclusion for the one or two that might be interested :D

IMG-20200113-112506.jpg

IMG-20200113-114641.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

Won't be commuting today with winds like those forecast. Not chancing it.

When the wind woke me up this morning I considered dropping herself at work and taking the car.

For all of about four seconds.

Absolutely hammered down rain as I was leaving.

Some laugh.

I love a bit of misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Won't be commuting today with winds like those forecast. Not chancing it.

I've been on my son's Ducati 821 SP Hypermotard [920mm seat height] for awhile now, I was going to cycle to work this morning but chose the Ducati... And got fvcked around the M50 on the way to work and rag dolled on the Clontarf Road on the way home.

Jesus I got battered!.

No wheelies or any such shannigans, got thankful I got home.. Sprayed it down, dried it and back under cover.

I fecking love the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Had my new (second hand) moped stolen from the front of the house last night. Only got it last Wednesday!

Must have been lifted as both the oxford disc lock and the krytonite U lock that locked it to a post were gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭horse7

What area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

My V-Strom is gone in to get the caliper seals done. Parts and labour is €50 per caliper, is that good or bad? No idea what’s involved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Had my new (second hand) moped stolen from the front of the house last night. Only got it last Wednesday!

Must have been lifted as both the oxford disc lock and the krytonite U lock that locked it to a post were gone too.

S**t . What little scumbags!!!
    Any pics for people to keep an eye out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

My V-Strom is gone in to get the caliper seals done. Parts and labour is €50 per caliper, is that good or bad? No idea what’s involved!

Seems fair to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Very sorry to hear that buddy, try posting here or keep an eye on the page.

https://www.facebook.com/Motorcycles-Stolen-Ireland-990660850950215/

ZX7R wrote: »
    Seems fair to me

I was thinking the same. I’ve gone to a new mechanic who charges by the job, previously it was by the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,942 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If any of the pistons need replacing that'll turn out a lot more expensive.

Life ain't always empty.

If any of the pistons need replacing that'll turn out a lot more expensive.

He checked them over before I gave the nod, pads are good, pistons are also with minor surface rust, i put that down to external storage. But the rubbers are worn. We agreed a price before any work commenced.

Got an update on my fireblade earlier. 2 different type of sparks plugs in it, Denso and NGK with a bit of oil on one of them. The following has been recommended for it

Chain and sprockets (due to rubber perishing)
    Front and rear pads (age)
    Tyres (age)

As for the overheating it might be a sensor issue.

Got an update on my fireblade earlier. 2 different type of sparks plugs in it, Denso and NGK with a bit of oil on one of them. The following has been recommended for it

Chain and sprockets (due to rubber perishing)
    Front and rear pads (age)
    Tyres (age)

As for the overheating it might be a sensor issue.

That's not bad.

blade1 wrote: »
    That's not bad.

Yeah I’m happy enough with that. Carbs were out of it today ready to be cleaned and balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Anybody know when the releases date for the KTM 390 adventure is? Cant seem to find any solid info on it.

supposed to be the first part of the year, so maybe before March / April, but it could well be sooner.

there were also working on a 250cc Adv version for release later this yr or early next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ordered my 1st bit of luggage for a few big trips this year.....had to go with Touratech Zega Pro Top Case in anodised black with inner bag and inner roof net with a KTM Power-parts black adaptor plate. The Touratech adaptor plate is silver so it would be sandwiched between the black rack on the bike already and the black top box case.....very tres chav!!!!

Going to go with the KTM panniers when the time comes as there is no need for extra racks or rails they clip on to the side no faff, and when the panniers are off the bike it looks the exact same. Really hate the look of rails and racks on the bikes when panniers are not installed....but thats just me.

Touratech stuff is not cheap by any means, but it is very good gear.....I rate it up there with the Kreiga stuff as my favorite.

Before:
    1-AECDEBD-DB99-41-F9-941-C-AF3-E4-C3544-C3.jpg

After
    60-A7-F0-FC-4857-4829-8-E66-0638-DB46-D6-F6.jpg

Finally got it sorted

Selling your second car seems like a great idea up to the point where you find yourself riding a backroad at 11pm on Saturday night and it's - 2 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Selling your second car seems like a great idea up to the point where you find yourself riding a backroad at 11pm on Saturday night and it's - 2 degrees.

What gets you through these moments are the thoughts of arriving home to a hot shower and/or a warm, cosy home. Then you can start thinking about wearing extra layers for the next night you have to ride home or wherever you are heading to. I much prefer dry, cold nights to the wind and storms of last week!

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I much prefer dry, cold nights to the wind and storms of last week!

I quite enjoyed the abject misery of last week.

I'm not riding that long and still haven't gotten over the feeling of imminent doom when riding in frosty/icy conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Probably best to have that feeling still, it'll keep you out of trouble, unless it tells you to hit the anchors too hard in a slip/slide.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    What gets you through these moments are the thoughts of arriving home to a hot shower and/or a warm, cosy home. Then you can start thinking about wearing extra layers for the next night you have to ride home or wherever you are heading to. I much prefer dry, cold nights to the wind and storms of last week!

Warm shower.. pfft. Heated Keis body warmer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

A bit nippy this morning...
    VcAHg8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    A bit nippy this morning...
    VcAHg8.jpg

Lol fook that. I'm soft and I don't care who knows it!
    Ride safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Good News - got it back. It was in Gannons, Donabate. Bit of damage, but a friend fixed the wires so it starts. Just need to get it checked as they broke the steering lock.

Advertisement