Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Your PM inbox is full lad

Edit: To say it here, I know the dealer you got the bike from and I'm bloody shocked by his attitude. I had an eye on a few bikes he was selling and I'll absolutely be avoiding him now.

I've just sorted that :o

I'm surprised myself to be honest as i was given a recommendation to go there, i was 3 days outside the 3 month warranty if that is what bikes come with? It wasn't in writing though. I should add that i bought the scooter there as well.

The problems i have had, both the hose and the oil cooler itself were there a good long while i was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I've just sorted that :o

I'm surprised myself to be honest as i was given a recommendation to go there, i was 3 days outside the 3 month warranty if that is what bikes come with? It wasn't in writing though. I should add that i bought the scooter there as well.

The problems i have had, both the hose and the oil cooler itself were there a good long while i was told.
    Just for future reference.
    When they say 3 month warranty on used bikes they normally mean engine and gearbox.
    Most of them(not all) will try and worm out of anything they can after they have your cash.

blade1 wrote: »
    Just for future reference.
    When they say 3 month warranty on used bikes they normally mean engine and gearbox.
    Most of them(not all) will try and worm out of anything they can after they have your cash.

Aye, same as a used car.

Would i be right in saying that these people class pipes, coolers and related parts as consumables? That bike cost me a nice few bob to be fair even before i started adding bits to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I don't know why you're giving these guys the kindness of not naming them. What will they do, nothing, slate them!

zubair wrote: »
    I don't know why you're giving these guys the kindness of not naming them. What will they do, nothing, slate them!

If Zascar or another mod comes along and allows me to name the dealer I will. Half afraid of the reaction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You can run an sv650 engine without an oil cooler, I've been told by an unreliable source. Just stick anything on and itll be grand, doesn't have to be a genuine replacement part

You can run an sv650 engine without an oil cooler, I've been told by an unreliable source. Just stick anything on and itll be grand, doesn't have to be a genuine replacement part

Just remove the hoses and reattach the bolts? Same engine as the SV just detuned, i think it was yourself that told me this day 1. Might be risky to attempt that, i wouldn't want to tempt faith. Can those parts be gotten spurious? All i am hearing is genuine only. I'll be dousing it in HCF50 sooner rather than later.

Just remove the hoses and reattach the bolts? Same engine as the SV just detuned, i think it was yourself that told me this day 1. Might be risky to attempt that, i wouldn't want to tempt faith. Can those parts be gotten spurious? All i am hearing is genuine only. I'll be dousing it in HCF50 sooner rather than later.

The curvy engine didn't have an oil cooler at all so it would be grand but they obviously added it for a reason. I wouldn't hesitate to block mine off if it rusted to **** but you can get a second hand one for not too crazy money,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-SV650-K1-k9-oil-cooler-lines/232934779837?hash=item363bfeabbd:g:xGgAAOSwJr1bo34Z

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

zubair wrote: »

"You can't outrun a Motorola."

Not your ornery onager

The curvy engine didn't have an oil cooler at all so it would be grand but they obviously added it for a reason. I wouldn't hesitate to block mine off if it rusted to **** but you can get a second hand one for not too crazy money,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-SV650-K1-k9-oil-cooler-lines/232934779837?hash=item363bfeabbd:g:xGgAAOSwJr1bo34Z

Picked up one earlier for €50 plus €10 postage. Should have it by Thursday.

It might run ok without the oil cooler but might be best to have it just to be safe,

I got the copper washers for it as well.

The place where I dropped the old oil cooler into are asking for €15 even though they couldn’t fix it. I think they called it an inspection fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

GBX wrote: »
    He slowed down/stopped or let them catch up ..

Or ran out of juice.

I think in London the police will ram you off, in fairness they had to do something the bike crime is out of control.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Or ran out of juice.

I think in London the police will ram you off, in fairness they had to do something the bike crime is out of control.

Ram a biker regardless of the consequences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Ram a biker regardless of the consequences?

Pretty much. I don't think it's a case of ram then ASAP, but if the opertunity arises to knock them off in a somewhat safe manner then they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

If I remember correctly the police were given permission to ram if needed due to rampant moped thieves, I spend far too much time at work watching you tube videos and you see a fair few of the London ones.

If you're gonna be thieving wee huers on mopeds you deserve to be rammed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hg-YJ7t5BY
    This is my favourite video it's 2 undercover police riders using Enduro bikes.

State of this thing from City Spares in Dublin

33f9spe.jpg

rr4ejc.jpg

xf1bva.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did they fish that out of the canal ???

Did they fish that out of the canal ???

It came by An Post, can i ask them to return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They sent that ? FFS. I know they are a treasure trove to some but f*ck me thats awful. Hope they didnt charge you much for it. Id be contacting them about it yeah - would depend on if how badly you need it and if the next one available be it from there or some other place is a big jump in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It came by An Post, can i ask them to return it?

How did you pay for it? I'd put through a bloody charge-back on that as it's clearly not fit for service even if it is a spare. Did they provide photos of the product originally?

They sent that ? FFS. I know they are a treasure trove to some but f*ck me thats awful. Hope they didnt charge you much for it. Id be contacting them about it yeah - would depend on if how badly you need it and if the next one available be it from there or some other place is a big jump in price.

on the phone now

50e plus 10e postage

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    How did you pay for it? I'd put through a bloody charge-back on that as it's clearly not fit for service even if it is a spare. Did they provide photos of the product originally?

on the phone as i type.

no photos of it before purchase.

i ****ed them out of it.

thank god i dont need the bike in a hurry

They don't have another one and P&T in Ringaskiddy don't have one either, i think i'll be biting the bullet for a brand new one at €560, I'll accept the consequences of my actions by mods later if necessary, i tried getting mod permission to name the dealer where i bought it, no one has come back to me, I'm really not happy :mad:

Could you try sourcing one from a UK breaker? I can't believe they sent you that thinking it'd be ok, state of it.

Could you try sourcing one from a UK breaker? I can't believe they sent you that thinking it'd be ok, state of it.

I have another in Wicklow, photos as well, in excellent condition, cost €120

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-DL650-DL650-V-Strom-2003-2012-Oil-Cooler-With-Stone-Guard/332627230744?hash=item4d7220c018:g:YJ4AAOSwSUJa2g~K:rk:7:pf:0#shId

Here's another in the UK on ebay, I think it's the same thing? Wouldn't be forking out 500 euro for a new one anyway :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-DL650-DL650-V-Strom-2003-2012-Oil-Cooler-With-Stone-Guard/332627230744?hash=item4d7220c018:g:YJ4AAOSwSUJa2g~K:rk:7:pf:0#shId

Here's another in the UK on ebay, I think it's the same thing? Wouldn't be forking out 500 euro for a new one anyway :o

Not a chance i am forking out over 500 for one, Christmas is fast approaching. The one i have sourced with photos to verify before purchase is the same cost, i'll have it tomorrow.

Emmersonn wrote: »

That's the actual radiator itself, i'm only waiting for it at this stage :rolleyes:

City Spares were just on the phone to me, they have offered a fantastic gesture for the fcuk up. Sending me down another cooler, pictures i have seen and are giving me a full refund.

The reason i got the rubbish one is because of a mix up between them, there are 6 staff there.

• Advertisement

Nice of them to sort out properly..

Advertisement