Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Fore Iron

tedpan wrote: »
    Exactly that :)

OK!

But I think you might be confusing the words ‘delivery’ and ‘shipping’....!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tcat2012

Good to hear you got your order rob . You fall firmly the ‘lucky ones’ catagory :) am on day 7 of the same apology on the tracker and zero replies to emails and am stuck for a phone so ordered off amazon this morning.cost me only 20 euros more (including next day delivery) than eglobal and looks on track to be delivered tomorrow ! It’s a definite’ never again ‘ from me .

Tcat2012 wrote: »
    Good to hear you got your order rob . You fall firmly the ‘lucky ones’ catagory :) am on day 7 of the same apology on the tracker and zero replies to emails and am stuck for a phone so ordered off amazon this morning.cost me only 20 euros more (including next day delivery) than eglobal and looks on track to be delivered tomorrow ! It’s a definite’ never again ‘ from me .

Well with any luck your eGlobal one will show up next week, you stick it up on eBay and sell it for a profit! :)

Maybe ! Although I’d be happy to break even at this point :)

Just a quick update and some info for anyone reading:

No news for my order - nothing changed - still no replies to emails and into day 11 of the repeating apology on the tracking page.

I have discovered though that eGlobal does not seem to exist on the Hong Kong company register unless I'm not searching the right way. I have also found that their address - as listed on their website(s) - is currently vacant and advertised for immediate lease on a HK real estate group.

I have found references to DGS Group for other people who have had disputes with non delivery - so DGS may be the business name. DGS stands for Dropshipping Global Services and they are registered at an entirely different address. For those who don't know, Dropshipping is when a business holds no stock themselves but transfer any orders to a third party or remote company for dispatch directly to the customer. The order takers generally never physically handle the goods themselves.

Dropshipping is not all that unusual but it would mean that stock levels on their website would rarely be accurate and also complicates the process of information gathering in the event of delays. Dropshipping is also prone to the lowest standard of whatever companies are used to dispatch stuff, so you will read some reports of counterfeit goods or previously used goods with Dropshipping, even if the primary company has no intention to trade that way - if their vetting of third parties isn't thorough then that possibility always exists I guess.

All this means the issues that seem to occur with eGlobal are no real surprise.

Happy shopping people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 StephenLotz

Hi Fore Iron,

Will you keep the forum updated if or when you get your package if you don't mind, I ordered on the 20th of January and waiting still for the real tracking number, just trying to work out how long my package will take, you should get your one before me.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hi Fore Iron,

Will you keep the forum updated if or when you get your package if you don't mind, I ordered on the 20th of January and waiting still for the real tracking number, just trying to work out how long my package will take, you should get your one before me.

Thank you

I ordered on 19th Jan... Still no update of tracking info. Having said that, I did place an order again at the weekend. They'll probably get here eventually.

Hi Fore Iron,

Thank you

I will of course Stephen. When/if the tracking info updates to an actual proper courier then it normally takes a couple of days after that.

I’ll let you know here when/if that happens.

It’ll be 28 days for me this Weds so the Chargeback will begin then with my CC company at that stage - although I don’t expect that to change anything.

If you only ordered a week ago and if you’re one of the lucky ones then I’d expect you’ll see a positive change during this week....fingers crossed.

Tcat2012 & Nugget89 - any news on your orders out of interest?

Hi Fore Iron,

I was double checking now my order was placed on the 13th and I got the Eglobal tracking email on the 20th, I'm now on

9#2019-01-28Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.

8#2019-01-27Shipment further connected.

7#2019-01-26Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.

6#2019-01-25Shipment is on its way to the local depot.

5#2019-01-24Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.

4#2019-01-23Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.

3#2019-01-22Shipment is en-route to courier depot.

2#2019-01-21In transit.

1#2019-01-20The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

I'm starting to think our orders could be in the same container.

• Advertisement

Nope,still the same message over and over.the same phone arrived from Amazon less than 24 hours after I ordered it .I ordered it from eglobal january 8th and have no idea where it is . The silence from (I use this term in the loosest possible fashion) 'customer service ' Is almost as deafening as it is infuriating! Still hopeful phine will arrive at some stage

Stephen lotz ,hope your wrong but u might be right .it would seem once u get the dreaded ,'shipment further connected 'message you are not in the category of those who receive their order within reasonsble time ( 2 weeks )

Here's mine! Just so you know what's next on the list!

21 2019-01-28 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    20 2019-01-27 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    19 2019-01-26 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    18 2019-01-25 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    17 2019-01-24 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    16 2019-01-23 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    15 2019-01-22 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    14 2019-01-21 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    13 2019-01-20 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    12 2019-01-19 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    11 2019-01-18 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    10 2019-01-17 Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    9 2019-01-16 Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    8 2019-01-15 Shipment further connected.
    7 2019-01-14 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    6 2019-01-13 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5 2019-01-12 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2019-01-11 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2019-01-10 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2019-01-09 In transit.
    1 2019-01-08 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

The more this goes on the more I am relaxing and enjoying the ride! In fact, I was thinking of emailing them and suggesting some changes to the wording of their fake tracking to make it more believable.

"Shipment was dropped on canteen floor - breaking noises are normal"
    "Shipment will be with you in [Markus - insert random number here] days"
    "If you require more information please do not hesitate to go into your back garden and shout - we are as likely to reply to that as any other form of communication."

I'll check back in here at the end of the week and let you know what's happening anyway....

Tcat2012 wrote: »
    Stephen lotz ,hope your wrong but u might be right .it would seem once u get the dreaded ,'shipment further connected 'message you are not in the category of those who receive their order within reasonsble time ( 2 weeks )

Just remember that the tracking is entirely fabricated. It just follows the set pattern until such time that your stuff finally gets handed over to a courier from their UK warehouse. I don't think there is any particular tracking results that should cause you any more or less concern.

They just couldn't be bothered to think of anything new after day 11 so they left it on repeat after that. Shame they didn't put a bit more effort and add some more fake results for another week or two just to keep us entertained!

Actually, 'handed over to a courier' really should read 'a courier get the shipment details'. I've read of loads of folks who have had a link appear to a local courier, only to find that it was just a label scan and the package took yonks to actually be physically handed over.

Anyway, here's hoping for us all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Fore Iron wrote: »
    Tcat2012 & Nugget89 - any news on your orders out of interest?

I'm on day 11 of "we apologise for the delay".
    It's slow going.

Day 9 of my 8nitial order, just received a courier 'real' tracking number...

Bluefoam wrote: »

Good news! Is that 9 days since ordering then Bluefoam?

Good news! Is that 9 days since ordering then Bluefoam?
    Yes, this is the 9th day since I placed the order. Shipping from France.

Yes, this is the 9th day since I placed the order. Shipping from France.

Good stuff. Delivery within a couple of weeks seems to be pretty standard.

I’ve read of warehouses in the UK, France and Belgium for Irish orders - you’ll have it by the weekend one way or the other....

Hi, just wondering did anyone get the real tracking number or did you get your package delivered after the Eglobal tracking line :

We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

It looks like I'll be on that line soon.

• Advertisement

Try not to stress too much Stephen. God knows I’ve done enough worrying for both of us!!

I have certainly read of people who have received stuff up to 6 or 8 weeks after ordering so I don’t think it’s a ‘get it in two weeks or bust’ sort of thing....

I have 4 deliveries in transit at the moment, all from different sources including eGlobal. They are coming from Finland, Italy and France. All four were picked up on 29th and listed as in transit... But since then there hasn't been a single tracker update... Seems a bit odd to me. I'm aware that there's a big snow storm in Europe at the moment, but could that really effect deliveries across the board?

On another note, my phone from eGlobal was listed as "Packing and Delivering soon" which I believe to mean that I'll we waiting a long time...

*Not a rant, just observations

On another note, my phone from eGlobal was listed as "Packing and Delivering soon" which I believe to mean that I'll we waiting a long time...

*Not a rant, just observations

I think that a standard email foamy? I got a dispatched email about 2 days after the packing and delivering soon one.

But, Chinese New Year coming up soon so if it doesn’t move by tomorrow you could be seeing an extra week for that possibly?

I've finally received an email reply to one of my many emails from the sleeping muppets. Could anyone let me know if they have received this also? I need to know if this is just another automated and standard email....

"Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your message.

With regard to your inquiry. Please be kindly informed, that we will have the courier case investigation results soon

We are sorry for delay, but couriers take time to complete the investigation

We will inform you once we will have updates

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us."

Either way, they are still ignoring my specific questions.... :(

I've finally received an email reply to one of my many emails from the sleeping muppets. Could anyone let me know if they have received this also? I need to know if this is just another automated and standard email....

"Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your message.

With regard to your inquiry. Please be kindly informed, that we will have the courier case investigation results soon

We are sorry for delay, but couriers take time to complete the investigation

We will inform you once we will have updates

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us."

Either way, they are still ignoring my specific questions.... :(

A colleague of mine (unbeknown to me) had ordered the exact same phone as me... he ordered on Tuesday, I ordered on Saturday... His arrived today... I'm hoping mine follows soon... but it's promising.

A colleague of mine (unbeknown to me) had ordered the exact same phone as me... he ordered on Tuesday, I ordered on Saturday... His arrived today... I'm hoping mine follows soon... but it's promising.

It seems to be the case that if your order is already in stock in a nearby warehouse then it will dispatch quickly and get to you quickly. If what you order isn't currently held in a warehouse somewhere (or worse still, not currently held by any third party crowd either) then a long wait can occur.

All of that I can happily live with - if I just knew what the feck was going on! :)

Quick update again from me:

32 days now since ordering and nothing changed - no replies, no information, no camera.

I applied for Chargeback with the bank last week along with submitting a few dozen pages of evidence. They deferred a decision until 30 days had elapsed and today they have confirmed they are refunding the money paid. There is now an additional 30 day period for eGlobal to challenge the chargeback. We'll see what happens in the meantime.

I have now bought my camera from a brick and mortar store in Dublin instead.

By way of summary for anyone just checking in to this thread now, let me summarise my issues one last time:

1) For my case at least this is not just about late or delayed delivery. There's much more to it than that.

2) After 10 days or so I was told my first shipment would not be getting to me and they were sending a replacement. They confirmed I could cancel but suffer a fee. When I said I should suffer no fees and referred them to their own T's & C's about cancellation, they basically changed their story and said I couldn't cancel at all.

3) From that point on, every email asking for information or clarification or cancellation or refund was deliberately ignored. I say deliberately because they were quickly responding to requests from other email accounts seeking information on stock levels or whatever else.

4) The tracking they provided was provably fake. Not just inaccurate or misleading, but demonstrably false. Most likely this is in order to try to force you to commit to your purchase even though it may not even have been put in a box yet.

5) Their listed address isn't currently occupied by any business and their trading name isn't registered with the Hong Kong registration system.

This is my opinion only but basically I don't see how this crowd are any different to a guy with a van selling dodgy stuff on the side of the road. They illegally import stuff, sell it for cheap, and will basically provide no backup or warranty or support whatsoever. Any attempts to seek support or warranty will actually cost you more money while not solving your problem.

I understand that many will feel that it's worth buying from them because of the money you save vs a European store. But would you also happily take the same saving from a dodgy looking guy on a street corner? And will your money saved have an effect on your lifestyle that lasts beyond your next paycheck?

I'm being facetious of course, but in my humble opinion it's hard to complain about the high cost in a local store, when those same stores are undercut by companies who operate like this.

I for one will never use this company again for anything at any cost. I wish everyone else the very best for their orders, present or future and I'll check in again down the road if anything else changes with my chargeback. It would be nice to believe that my experience is unusual but it seems it is not. Anyone elses personal experience of positive transactions unfortunately doesn't give you any indication of what your really getting into. Don't just take my word for it, do your research yourself before you buy.

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Quick update again from me:

32 days now since ordering and nothing changed - no replies, no information, no camera.

I applied for Chargeback with the bank last week along with submitting a few dozen pages of evidence. They deferred a decision until 30 days had elapsed and today they have confirmed they are refunding the money paid. There is now an additional 30 day period for eGlobal to challenge the chargeback. We'll see what happens in the meantime.

I have now bought my camera from a brick and mortar store in Dublin instead.

By way of summary for anyone just checking in to this thread now, let me summarise my issues one last time:

1) For my case at least this is not just about late or delayed delivery. There's much more to it than that.

2) After 10 days or so I was told my first shipment would not be getting to me and they were sending a replacement. They confirmed I could cancel but suffer a fee. When I said I should suffer no fees and referred them to their own T's & C's about cancellation, they basically changed their story and said I couldn't cancel at all.

3) From that point on, every email asking for information or clarification or cancellation or refund was deliberately ignored. I say deliberately because they were quickly responding to requests from other email accounts seeking information on stock levels or whatever else.

4) The tracking they provided was provably fake. Not just inaccurate or misleading, but demonstrably false. Most likely this is in order to try to force you to commit to your purchase even though it may not even have been put in a box yet.

5) Their listed address isn't currently occupied by any business and their trading name isn't registered with the Hong Kong registration system.

This is my opinion only but basically I don't see how this crowd are any different to a guy with a van selling dodgy stuff on the side of the road. They illegally import stuff, sell it for cheap, and will basically provide no backup or warranty or support whatsoever. Any attempts to seek support or warranty will actually cost you more money while not solving your problem.

I understand that many will feel that it's worth buying from them because of the money you save vs a European store. But would you also happily take the same saving from a dodgy looking guy on a street corner? And will your money saved have an effect on your lifestyle that lasts beyond your next paycheck?

I'm being facetious of course, but in my humble opinion it's hard to complain about the high cost in a local store, when those same stores are undercut by companies who operate like this.

I for one will never use this company again for anything at any cost. I wish everyone else the very best for their orders, present or future and I'll check in again down the road if anything else changes with my chargeback. It would be nice to believe that my experience is unusual but it seems it is not. Anyone elses personal experience of positive transactions unfortunately doesn't give you any indication of what your really getting into. Don't just take my word for it, do your research yourself before you buy.

Good luck everyone!

I had a different but also bad experience with eGlobal trying to give me the run around for 4 weeks when I tried to return a smart watch I had bought from them. Threatening them with a solicitor and including some consumer rights laws in my emails seemed to change their tune pretty quickly. Might be worth a try if anyone has difficulty in the future. I also will never buy from them again. Plenty of other grey market alternatives that are a bit more communicative.

Chavways wrote: »
    I had a different but also bad experience with eGlobal trying to give me the run around for 4 weeks when I tried to return a smart watch I had bought from them. Threatening them with a solicitor and including some consumer rights laws in my emails seemed to change their tune pretty quickly. Might be worth a try if anyone has difficulty in the future. I also will never buy from them again. Plenty of other grey market alternatives that are a bit more communicative.

Funny enough, I quoted a few specific sections of HK law, threatened to contact various customs authorities as well as having the Hong Kong Consumer Council get on to them on my behalf - and nothing changed. I assume the Council harrassing them did nothing because they sent letters to an address which has no one in it!!

It is certainly worth a try getting serious and going on the offensive, but generally I find that really just makes yourself feel better - a bit like beeping your horn in your car.

I am sure these companies are already very familiar with the law and how to tweak it to their advantage.

Can't hurt to try though of course....

• Advertisement

lols... looks like I am one of the unlucky ones...

My order is in an endless loop of distracting and vague tracking updates... no hope on the horizon.

Advertisement