Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Fore Iron

This is my final final last last update - I promise!

Just so that people reading and thinking about ordering with this crowd know what to expect before the decide what to do.

This morning before leaving for work I sat down and sent to emails.

The first was requesting specific answers to two basic questions about my delayed order. I have received no reply to this.

At exactly the same time I sent an email from my alternate email address asking about stock level on an item I pretended I wanted to buy and without signing my name. I got a reply to that email in exactly 2 minutes. They said the item was in stock if I wanted it.

I then replied and asked if they could help me with one more thing. Again they replied in exactly 3 minutes saying of course - what could they do for me?

So I sent them a copy of my first email from my other account and requested answers to my questions. 3 minutes later I got the copy and paste reply that I had already received a few days ago and my questions were completely ignored.

They now will not respond to emails from either account.

But at least their prices are cheap I suppose.....

Bye!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tcat2012

Can’t say surprise by that :/ they are the pits . Heading to bank today to persue refund . Paid with visa debit so not sure what chances are . No response to my emails either .
    I understand to skme people it may look like we are just impatient. But a lot of people look at these forums when deciding where to order from. I think it’s important people know the facts before they make their decision where to order from . The fact is that the communication is scant and misleading should there be a problem or delay with your order .

Tcat2012 wrote: »
    Can’t say surprise by that :/ they are the pits . Heading to bank today to persue refund . Paid with visa debit so not sure what chances are . No response to my emails either .
    I understand to skme people it may look like we are just impatient. But a lot of people look at these forums when deciding where to order from. I think it’s important people know the facts before they make their decision where to order from . The fact is that the communication is scant and misleading should there be a problem or delay with your order .

Good luck with the bank. However in my experience you probably won’t get anywhere with them yet.

eGlobals stated delivery time is 6-8 days so we all probably need to be a good bit beyond that. The bank take the view of requiring proof of reasonable efforts to resolve the issue. So if I were you I would set them a reasonable deadline first - maybe 5 or 7 days to produce some verifiable evidence of dispatch of your package and advise them that after that you will consider you order void and will require a refund within some other reasonable period.

The bank probably won’t do much until then. Pain the a)€e but I expect that’s what they will need.

Hence my email game with them this morning - it’s about building a strong case for any chargeback that I might be forced to look for down the road. I have proven they are ignoring my emails and questions but immediately replying to (what they believed were) others. That’s unreasonable. I then need to appear completely reasonable on the other side. Otherwise the bank will not work with me.

That’s just my experience.....but please let us know how you get on today anyway!!

Never got into the bank . Probably pointless anyway . Still receiving the apologetic tracking update and no response to emails

Never got into the bank . Probably pointless anyway . Still receiving the apologetic tracking update and no response to emails

• Advertisement

Tcat2012 wrote: »

Same here. I've used a couple of different email addresses asking unrelated questions and have received a response within an hour every time. Once I mention my order number or tell them who I am all replies stop.

Latest eGlobal Tracking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

I'm on day 4 of getting the same message. Not worrying yet, but hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Nugget89 wrote: »
    I'm on day 4 of getting the same message. Not worrying yet, but hopefully it gets sorted soon.

If my stuff arrives I'll move on and regret dealing with them - looking at peoples history of returns with this crowd I can only hope it all works! I certainly won't buy from them again.

In the meantime I have a set a deadline for resolution - EU rules won't apply to any purchase from eGlobal but Hong Kong law doesn't seem to define a minimum period for receipt of goods the way the EU does - and if that passes I will move to get a refund through the bank - which will take yonks also.

All I can say is I can prove their customer service is working and rapidly responding to unrelated but specific questions and queries, which means their lack of response or acknowledgment to my order related queries is deliberate. That can only help my case with the bank if it comes to it.

I hope everyone understands that I have had all kinds of delayed orders from all kinds of places - it happens sometimes and it is no big deal. I do agree that anyone who decides not to go into an actual shop and instead buy online only to complain about the item not arriving on the doorstep in rapid time, needs to check their priorities. If you needed it tomorrow you should go to a bricks and mortar store. But this is different.

This is the first place I have come across that has been around for so long but that uses provably fraudulent measures to commit the customer to stay with the purchase at all costs. They know that the majority of people will moan and rant at them but in the end accept the products whenever they arrive because even sending them back under warranty will cost you money.

It's all well and good to declare you are happy if your particular order(s) came without trouble, but I could never support this kind of operation again in the future - to do so would be to support their efforts screwing whoever next falls victim to their scams.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Seriously, you're buying from Asia. It's been one working day since the last rant. Everybody knows their CS and tracking is terrible.. You need to have patience

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Fore Iron wrote: »
    This is my final final last last update - I promise!

Bye!

lol, you didn't manage to stick to your word... CALM DOWN!!! Put your feet up, maybe read a book...

It'll arrive. It's been less than 2 weeks. Stop getting agitated, relax and take a deep breath. When it does arrive you'll forget about all this... I realize how frustrating it is, but you're just a bit over the top... we all know that eGlobal are slow & send tracking information that is designed to distract you & they aren't the easiest to deal with... But thats what we deal with to get the price we want.

Knowing all that, I ordered again from them last weekend... no tracking information yet, but I'm in no hurry & if it arrives in the next couple of weeks I'll be grand. I'm also considering getting a phone from them too...

• Advertisement

Ah be nice to me will yis!

Read my post again if you have to. It’s not just the delay that’s getting up my nose. Even if this yoke arrives I won’t be sighing with relief and wearing a smile.

And don’t be complaining about rants on the internet - what else is it for?

Ah be nice to me will yis!

Read my post again if you have to. It’s not just the delay that’s getting up my nose. Even if this yoke arrives I won’t be sighing with relief and wearing a smile.

And don’t be complaining about rants on the internet - what else is it for?

It's okay, your rants are entertaining me.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    It's okay, your rants are entertaining me.

Ah that’s good news!

I’m writing for myself more than anyone else - it’s therapy really - nothing like an old vent every now and again - even if it is on 24 hour intervals more or less. I guess we’re all the same that way really....

Cos of all of yis I’m going to Argos now to get a zen garden and pass the tlafternoon that way.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

I should have read this thread before ordering!! :-/

So whats the general story with eglobalcentral. I have ordered stuff from it recently, will it arrive or am I gonna be scammed? I dont mind waiting as long as it shows up!

rob w wrote: »

So whats the general story with eglobalcentral. I have ordered stuff from it recently, will it arrive or am I gonna be scammed? I dont mind waiting as long as it shows up!

It'll arrive. They can sometimes be slow... The cost savings can be due to sourcing their stock in the Asian grey market... so delivery time can be above average (sometimes). They seem to send a large amount of 'not very useful' tracking info, which might be a way of disracting the buyer while the product is in transit.

In general, the product arrives and in good condition. We buy from them because they give big savings... we put up with the slow delivery and lack of direct responses in order to achieve these big discounts.

If you need stuff in a hurry, or want the comfort of retail support, then that option is open to everyone too...

Rob, as has happened with me - it is probably easy to get completely spooked and start seeing every inconsistent detail as a threat to your money paid. The rate of issues with orders from eGlobal appear to be much higher than other places, but the reality is still that the majority of orders show up without issue.

If you have ordered already, then try to relax and not pay attention to any info you get from them until you get tracking info from an actual real life courier company. In the meantime settle in and prepare for a longish wait for your stuff - and with any luck you will be pleasantly surprised if it shows up next week.

You may call the tracking info 'not very useful' perhaps - I personally use much much stronger terminology - but my opinion is only that.

Fingers crossed your order will be hassle free.

(OK guys, how is my therapy coming along? I think I sound a bit more reasonable now?) :cool:

Rob, as has happened with me - it is probably easy to get completely spooked and start seeing every inconsistent detail as a threat to your money paid. The rate of issues with orders from eGlobal appear to be much higher than other places, but the reality is still that the majority of orders show up without issue.

If you have ordered already, then try to relax and not pay attention to any info you get from them until you get tracking info from an actual real life courier company. In the meantime settle in and prepare for a longish wait for your stuff - and with any luck you will be pleasantly surprised if it shows up next week.

You may call the tracking info 'not very useful' perhaps - I personally use much much stronger terminology - but my opinion is only that.

Fingers crossed your order will be hassle free.

(OK guys, how is my therapy coming along? I think I sound a bit more reasonable now?) :cool:

Cool, thanks for response.

Yeah I don't mind waiting a 'reasonable' amount of time as long as it shows up. Sure ill see what happens, don't normallly buy from these types! Let my guard down this time!!

Cool, thanks for response.

Yeah I don't mind waiting a 'reasonable' amount of time as long as it shows up. Sure ill see what happens, don't normallly buy from these types! Let my guard down this time!!

I guess just keep the expectations low. I’m three weeks tomorrow since ordering and not a peep of progress for my stuff yet.....

I just bought a ****ty little battery for an old Sony point and shoot belonging to my dad... Almost €50 in Conns and €8 online both Sony branded.

Shops like Conns are either ripping us off or struggling so much they have to charge massively over inflated prices and are not relevant to allot of consumers...

Personally, I'm insulted by their approach. My dad almost bought the battery before I realised, he's a pensioner and as far as I'm concerned, they are taking advantage of him.

If Conns is closed due to the likes of eGlobal I won't be too disappointed... They provide some employment and I'm not against their staff... But I cannot put up with that type of gouging.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I bought two items from them at the end of last year. Both arrived within a week but I was expecting to wait longer. I saved €300 altogether.

• Advertisement

I just bought a ****ty little battery for an old Sony point and shoot belonging to my dad... Almost €50 in Conns and €8 online both Sony branded.

Shops like Conns are either ripping us off or struggling so much they have to charge massively over inflated prices and are not relevant to allot of consumers...

Personally, I'm insulted by their approach. My dad almost bought the battery before I realised, he's a pensioner and as far as I'm concerned, they are taking advantage of him.

If Conns is closed due to the likes of eGlobal I won't be too disappointed... They provide some employment and I'm not against their staff... But I cannot put up with that type of gouging.

Ah jaysus Bluefoam - first ya tell me to calm down then you go and wind me up with a rant all of your own!

No idea what battery you bought, but have a look at these links:

https://www.connscameras.ie/p/sony-np-bx1-rechargeable-battery/4905524885880

and the same from Sony direct:

https://www.sony.ie/electronics/cyber-shot-compact-cameras-batteries-chargers/np-bx1

Where's your fire and fury at Sony themsleves? It's not Conns I'd blame - it's the manufacturer they get their stuff direct from.

Maybe? :rolleyes:

Ah jaysus Bluefoam - first ya tell me to calm down then you go and wind me up with a rant all of your own!

No idea what battery you bought, but have a look at these links:

https://www.connscameras.ie/p/sony-np-bx1-rechargeable-battery/4905524885880

and the same from Sony direct:

https://www.sony.ie/electronics/cyber-shot-compact-cameras-batteries-chargers/np-bx1

Where's your fire and fury at Sony themsleves? It's not Conns I'd blame - it's the manufacturer they get their stuff direct from.

Maybe? :rolleyes:
    Good response! Worth consideration

Just to update on my order. On Day 7 of the generic tracking updates (the day after I first posted here) I had a link to a real tracking page.
    Package was delivered by an post this morning, 9 days after ordering. Item is brand new and as described.

Just got a bit worried when I read some of the stuff here after placing my order, but all worked out ok in the end! ;-)

Just to update on my order. On Day 7 of the generic tracking updates (the day after I first posted here) I had a link to a real tracking page.
    Package was delivered by an post this morning, 9 days after ordering. Item is brand new and as described.

Just got a bit worried when I read some of the stuff here after placing my order, but all worked out ok in the end! ;-)

Great news!

I’m on day 22 and nothing’s changed......

Fore Iron wrote:
    I’m on day 22 and nothing’s changed......

I thought you ordered in January?

tedpan wrote: »
    I thought you ordered in January?

Yep - January 2nd (or January 3rd in Hong Kong time....)

Fore Iron wrote:
    Yep - January 2nd (or January 3rd in Hong Kong time....)

:) There's only been 18 days in Jan so far.. although I do hate waiting for stuff...

tedpan wrote: »
    :) There's only been 18 days in Jan so far.. although I do hate waiting for stuff...

Em, sorry? Explain?

Ah - I guess your talking about working days?

So that would mean that cargo airplanes and large trucks cease operating at 5pm on a Friday and are not allowed to do anything again until 9am on Monday morning?

:)

• Advertisement

Fore Iron wrote:
    So that would mean that cargo airplanes and large trucks cease operating at 5pm on a Friday and are not allowed to do anything again until 9am on Monday morning?

Exactly that :)

Advertisement