Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Fore Iron

Tcat2012 wrote: »
    Fore iron all my emails are from ‘Markus ‘ . They all read like computer generated responses !

Yes, dear old Markus must be busy - he is writing to me too.

Either all CS staff are called Markus, or there is only one Markus and he is doing all the work - which is probably fairly accurate the more I think of it!

I can see him now in his dirty flat with his old computer and stacks of knock-off merchandise all around him...... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Fore Iron wrote: »
    Yes, dear old Markus must be busy - he is writing to me too.

Either all CS staff are called Markus, or there is only one Markus and he is doing all the work - which is probably fairly accurate the more I think of it!

I can see him now in his dirty flat with his old computer and stacks of knock-off merchandise all around him...... :eek:

Are EGC selling knock off gear? thats news to me...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Are EGC selling knock off gear? thats news to me...

No, grey imports yes but knocks offs - not as far as I can tell.

Just musing that’s all....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Eglobal selling knock off gear:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tcat2012

I now have the dreaded shipping further connected . Have emailed again requesting a refund . Will see if get a reply tonight

• Advertisement

Tcat2012 wrote: »
    I now have the dreaded shipping further connected . Have emailed again requesting a refund . Will see if get a reply tonight

My tracking now says “Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.”

Tomorrow it will most likely say “Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.”

Then the next day will be “We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible” which will repeat every day after that. It’s all completely fake.

CS no longer responding to any of my emails now....

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

I'm also getting the "Shipment further connected." message.

I'm going to contact them tomorrow, just to get an query in before the 10 days, but not going to cancel.

Yeah no response to my emails either. Honestly if anyone is reading these comments thinking about buying from eglobal. Central , you are taking a big chance . I think possibly we will get our orders eventually( I see from earlier on this thread a couple of people who had the whole, shipping further continued , and repeated apology messages did eventually get their order about a month later, )but customer service , tracking etc are really the pits . I certainly would never order from them again . As has been said on here a lot , it’s great if everything goes smoothly but when you have a problem you have a problem !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Tcat2012 wrote:
    Yeah no response to my emails either. Honestly if anyone is reading these comments thinking about buying from eglobal. Central , you are taking a big chance . I think possibly we will get our orders eventually( I see from earlier on this thread a couple of people who had the whole, shipping further continued , and repeated apology messages did eventually get their order about a month later, )but customer service , tracking etc are really the pits . I certainly would never order from them again . As has been said on here a lot , it’s great if everything goes smoothly but when you have a problem you have a problem !

Don't think you're taking a chance, It's all about expectations. Tracking is crap and customer service is useless. You just need to be prepared to wait up to 4 weeks for delivery and don't bother tracking, you'll be far happier once the stuff arrives. I've ordered over 30 times from them and apart from a few slow deliveries, they're great..

Remember, always pay with PayPal.

tedpan wrote: »

Remember, always pay with PayPal.

Why? I've had several disputes with online retailers and PayPal have without fail denied to assist... they are absolutely ****ing useless and just take peoples money and don't seem to offer any real service.

Better off paying with a credit card, because your purchase is insured.

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote:
    Why? I've had several disputes with online retailers and PayPal have without fail denied to assist... they are absolutely ****ing useless and just take peoples money and don't seem to offer any real service.

In my experience, I've got my money back every time with PayPal when buying from Asia.

tedpan wrote: »
    In my experience, I've got my money back every time with PayPal when buying from Asia.

Seems like you've had allot of exerience making bad purchases... I'd say you're right, but I'm not sure I'd trust your better judgement if you get into trouble with so many purchases from Asia ;) Once bitten, twice shy etc.

Bluefoam wrote:
    Seems like you've had allot of exerience making bad purchases... I'd say you're right, but I'm not sure I'd trust your better judgement if you get into trouble with so many purchases from Asia Once bitten, twice shy etc.

Hmm, I understand how frustrating waiting for deliveries and then the company has no clue how to help you, but that's one of the reasons it's usually far cheaper to buy from Asia. I've always got the item in the end. I suppose you need to weigh up if it's worth time/stress vs cost saving.

Thanks . Great to know you both think the orders will arrive eventually .Might take that advise and stop looking at the tracker and forget about it til it turns up then . Just very inconvenient as using s broken phone with great difficulty at moment . Wouldn’t have ordered from them if knew could well take a month so won’t again . Honorbuy looks like a much better option as have a warehouse in Europe and delivery is Withink a few days . Minimal price difference for my product . Wish had read around bit more would have ordered from them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Kind of relieved to see this thread - I found the Olympus M10 Mark III on this site for €380 (compared to minimum €550 locally) and definitely wouldn't have taken the chance without reading a few others' experiences. Ordered over a week ago but they said it's only coming into stock today so fingers crossed the delivery goes smoothly...

Happy customer here - took a while as it was out of stock but my new camera (and a lens which I ordered a few days later) arrived last week in perfect condition, via An Post.

Each to their own and I would never want to appear to be telling anyone how to buy whatever it is they want. But this is my take on this crowd after looking into them - it's a shame I didn't pay more attention beforehand perhaps....

Firstly, being completely crap and deliberately evasive and misleading does not make them cheap. Plenty of expensive outfits are the same! They are cheaper because they buy cheaper and find clever ways to avoid import duties when selling on - for this you pay less but also get no manufacturers warranty in Europe. And from all I have read recently, the very best of luck getting eGlobal to uphold their own warranty policy if your toy breaks...

Secondly, I don't really get the whole - "there in no risk cos all the times I've been screwed over by similar companies, PayPal have saved me." That really isn't how risk assessment works! Also there are a multitude of horror stories about PayPal closing cases permanently on the basis of inaccurate or misleading details received from retailers. Credit Card companies make more money from the purchaser than the seller and generally will side with them where possible for that reason - PayPal sometimes may not look at it the same way - at least as far as I can see...

Thirdly, their tracking isn't just bad - it is apparently completely fake. It is intended to do two things - firstly make you believe your item is actually on the way when it may well not even be packed yet or even in stock - and secondly commit you to buying it as refunds will cost you money once you have been told it is shipped. The second great thing they do, is ignore cancellation requests until after they have shipped your item, or it's replacement, by which time you are again compelled to keep it or make them money sending it back.

We may well all get our gear in the near future and all will be forgiven, but my attitude is fairly simple - I will, in the meantime, calmly and patiently be doing everything I can to position myself in the best possible place for any subsequent chargeback application with my card provider. Sitting back and waiting to see what happens leaves you badly placed if it all goes to s&^t down the road IMHO - as it seems to have done for an awful lot of people.

So I will keep at them, soon enough tell them at what point I will have had enough, and quietly hope my stuff arrives in the meantime so I can put all this behind me. But also feel that I will have done everything I can to prepare if I do need to go to the bank, and then whatever comes of that I will be able to put it all behind me too as nothing else could have been done.

I hope everyones plans work out - and tedpan I hope you continue to have good experiences - at the end of the day most transactions seem to be happy ones with eGlobal even if it's only a slim majority.

I'll keep Tcat2012 and Nugget89 updated in the meantime as we are all in a similar stage of the process....

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Happy customer here - took a while as it was out of stock but my new camera (and a lens which I ordered a few days later) arrived last week in perfect condition, via An Post.

Good to hear Neurotic - anything that builds hope is good for me!! :)

And so the tracking inevitably moves now to:

“Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.”

Tomorrow it will go to “We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible” and repeat that every day afterwards so that will be the end of any news for me!

I have an email in this morning in response to my email of a few days ago saying they have asked the courier for news but have no response.

They have also ignored my question in that same email about the name of the Courier and the last known location.

I realise now that all emails are addressed to “Dear Customer” rather than to me so I expect they are standard copy and paste emails....so that along with the fake tracking and the change of story from a customs issue to a courier issue now means having ordered on Jan 3rd, I now still have no evidence of my item actually being on the way or any actual news about where it might be or when it might get to me!

Yay!

So I did check the tracking , curiosity for the better of me !

Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.but then got a generic sounding email saying they have sent a request to open a case on the my parcel delivery issue . as the courier hasn’t come up with a result .

But had said few days ago had sent knew phone !
    So three contradictory messages .
    So frustrating !!!

Have again requested refund although my previous requests have all been ignored and not aknowledged.
    Think am going to Persue a refund through bank

Considering taking the hit and ordering through another site as thinking now this one may never turn up .

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

"Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly."

I might contact them later today to cover myself with their 10 day policy. Happy to wait for it to arrive though, I'm in no rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

The tracking checking that goes on in this thread is like a variation on people checking FB & Twitter for affirmations and acknowledgements!

The overwhelming paranoia is that if the item is 10 minutes late, it’s because Eglobal has done something to screw you up.

A package can be delayed for manifold reasons. People really should chill out and stop posting 10 minute (yes, I know, exaggerating) updates on the whereabouts of their order.

As with just about everything to do with the web, people only go online to moan - just like I’m doing now! The vast majority of Eglobal orders are almost certainly ok. Mine were.

If you going to deal with companies like this, buy stuff that is pretty much bullet proof; that you’re unlikely to require any comeback on. In my case, lenses for Canon DSLR cameras. I wouldn’t dream of buying electronics from them.

Rant over.

D.

Point taken
    Just frustrating to pay large sums (to me anyway ) of money and then get contradictory messages as to whereabouts of orders and no response to requests for refund .
    As I said though , point taken.

I just saw a battery for my camera... €18, but when I went to the checkout they added €26 in shipping... not cool

Dinarius wrote: »
    The tracking checking that goes on in this thread is like a variation on people checking FB & Twitter for affirmations and acknowledgements!

The overwhelming paranoia is that if the item is 10 minutes late, it’s because Eglobal has done something to screw you up.

A package can be delayed for manifold reasons. People really should chill out and stop posting 10 minute (yes, I know, exaggerating) updates on the whereabouts of their order.

As with just about everything to do with the web, people only go online to moan - just like I’m doing now! The vast majority of Eglobal orders are almost certainly ok. Mine were.

If you going to deal with companies like this, buy stuff that is pretty much bullet proof; that you’re unlikely to require any comeback on. In my case, lenses for Canon DSLR cameras. I wouldn’t dream of buying electronics from them.

Rant over.

D.

Ha ha! Reality check for me! I don’t think it’s quite like having a moan cos my toy is missing for 10 minutes, but your point is taken all the same.

Just to be clear - more for anyone else looking at this - and I’ve said this before - the tracking isn’t saying there’s some little delay - the tracking is completely fake. It is made up. It’s false. There actually isn’t any tracking available of any useful sort. In fact this makes me now realise that I would be much less annoyed if there was no tracking whatsoever. It is intended to mislead you - there could be no other explanation.

This fact combined with the response to some emails and the history of such episodes on the web would suggest that them trying to screw us up is actually a decent possibility - with a goal of keeping us committed and bound to the purchase at all costs.

But yes I am looking for people to stroke me gently and tell me they feel my pain and all will be OK so that I can feel better. In fairness though, 99% of the entire internet is exactly that! So be nice to me! :)

Anyway, a measure of any company is not about when things go right - it’s when things go wrong. So from that point of view the reality - even from your own post - is that if you want any help or backup or refunds if you hit a bump in the road - do not use this crowd under any circumstances.

Just for what it's worth - here is the full list of pretend tracking. For items sent directly from the UK or other near Europe warehouses you will get actual real life tracking with an actual courier company. Otherwise you get this:

Tracking updates automatically every 24 hours.

Day 1: The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Day 2: In transit.

Day 3: Shipment is en-route to courier depot.

Day 4: Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.

Day 5: Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.

Day 6: Shipment is on its way to the local depot.

Day 7: Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.

Day 8: Shipment further connected.

Day 9: Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.

Day 10: Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.

And finally, Day 11: We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

This last one - the one I will see at some point tonight - then repeats every day until such time that actual tracking with an actual courier company occurs.

The Day 4 one is the one that made me first realise it was all generic.

I have no doubt that Tcat2012 and Nugget89 are seeing this identical pattern too - as have heaps of others it seems. Perhaps my real reason for being annoyed is that I have been robbed of the excitement of wondering what the tracking will say next! But sadly, I already know! It's a bit like checking the lotto numbers - what's the point when you already know you didn't win!! :(

:p

so it's only been 11 days... give it some time, have a miwadi and chill.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    so it's only been 11 days... give it some time, have a miwadi and chill.

I'm having tea and chilling is definitely in progress! It's been 14 days since ordering actually but yes patience is an obvious requirement.

Just maybe a bit surprised to see some who feel such plain and simple prevarication and deception is acceptable whatever price you might pay.

Live and learn I guess. Although even as I write this I will probably complain all the way to the bitter end, swear never again, and then in 6 months see the price they have on a pricey lens and put in another order - just like the blue and yellow airline experience!

Anyway, I'll leave you all alone now until I have some conclusion. Have fun doing the eGlobal lotto people! I hope you win!

Ha ha ha ha! A ha ha ha!

OK! Forgive me - I know I said I wouldn't be back! But I just see an email in my junk folder from Markus, the standard copy and paste and meaningless email - but with his full name - Markus Licinius Crassus! A quick google search shows this has been on a few emails on other bad reviews on other sites.

Wikipedia says Markus Licinius Crassus was a Roman General and Politician in the 2nd century BC. He was known as 'the richest man in Rome'. He made most of his wealth from proscription - the process of declaring people enemies of the state, sentencing them to death and confiscating their property.

Seriously lads you could not make this up! Credit where it is due to them for sheer balls and cheek!

Holy Moly! I'm still giggling to myself! At least I finally got a laugh out of this whole thing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Just for what it's worth - here is the full list of pretend tracking. For items sent directly from the UK or other near Europe warehouses you will get actual real life tracking with an actual courier company.

Not always true.
    I ordered car parts from an English company via Ebay on the 2nd of January. They were confirmed the following day and a tracking number issued which when clicked showed the item as being collected and then in Rugby in the UK. When I checked last Monday morning (14th) they were still showing in Rugby but turned up at my door not 5 minutes later.
    Incidentally the tracking number (to Rugby) would only work through the link that they sent me. When I went on the Couriers site and entered the number it came up as invalid.

• Advertisement

Not always true.
    I ordered car parts from an English company via Ebay on the 2nd of January. They were confirmed the following day and a tracking number issued which when clicked showed the item as being collected and then in Rugby in the UK. When I checked last Monday morning (14th) they were still showing in Rugby but turned up at my door not 5 minutes later.
    Incidentally the tracking number (to Rugby) would only work through the link that they sent me. When I went on the Couriers site and entered the number it came up as invalid.

Hi two wheels,

Sorry I meant stuff sent specifically from eGlobals UK or Europe warehouses....and was explaining relative to what seems to be shipments from HK....

Advertisement