Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFRONT (by DICE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The PC pre-load is now available. I am currently downloading it. 10.8gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Everything ive seen so far = meh.

4 maps, only 2 of which allow the max amount of players, what the hell have they been doing all this time? Apparently the levels are also designed to be long and thin instead of massivley open to avoid the empty feeling having only 40 players in each fight will create. Also limiting PC players to 40 is a fvcking joke.
    Talking to alpha players the party system is nonexistent and you need to be lucky to play with your friends.

Ill play the beta to get that star warsy feeling but definitely wont be buying at launch, if things improve ill see about picking it up next year once the majority of maps bound to be released as DLC have gone down in price

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Same here. Probably will continue to play with BF4, while waiting for BF5. I may buy this after a year with an offer, just for the shake of Star Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

While this is somewhat OT - Anyone know if it would be worth upgrading to Win10 for it? I'm running 8.1 atm..
    Has there been any massive difference with gaming in general?

I could do with a CPU upgrade too but if I want to go top range it means I'd need to change mobo and ram also. Too much for this time of year :|

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If i were you i wouldnt hesitate upgrading to win 10, its free from 8.1 and you can always revert back but why would you,it works great.
    Some say performance increases,for me without doing benchmarks its hard to say, my rig was performing great before and after win10.

• Advertisement

Cheers D. What I'll do is see how things run tomorrow in beta. Depending on how it goes, I might go and update the day after. I just don't want the annoyance of doing it now :P

Watched a video just now from xFactorGaming and it looked better than the previous few I've seen. A bit faster paced. He played in 3rd person only during drop zone. Not sure if I liked that but I can see why you would. It would always give you a slight edge when looking around. Anyway, looking forward to trying it out.

Anyone able to pre-load from origin to any drive other than C? My C drive is pretty limited atm so I was hoping to put it on my other SSD. No option to change drives though...

==sorry for double post==

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Noxin wrote: »
    Anyone able to pre-load from origin to any drive other than C? My C drive is pretty limited atm so I was hoping to put it on my other SSD. No option to change drives though...

==sorry for double post==

yeah in Origin settings point your games to another drive, later if you want a differnt origin game on C point it back for that etc:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Anyone know what time this will be available to download on the PS4?

• Advertisement

0DxROZ9.png

Running a 970 myself. I'll be happy enough with 70+ fps I think. I may get a 2nd 970 in the future too if the price drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Same as you Noxin.. jesus feels like I only got the 970 yesterday and thought it was futureproof for a while at least... its already waaaay down the list for modern gaming cards now.. :( Might need another one too..

The Red wrote: »
    Same as you Noxin.. jesus feels like I only got the 970 yesterday and thought it was futureproof for a while at least... its already waaaay down the list for modern gaming cards now.. :( Might need another one too..

Only got mine a few months back as anything better (980 / TI etc..) was just a massive increase in price. The 970 was a good choice for the time. Now I wonder if I should have just spent more too.
    Meh.

Ι think those benches are in Ultra settings. Playing the campaign @ 70fps, is nice.
    If you play competitive online, then no need for ultra settings. You go for the medium and >120fps

Wizard! wrote: »
    Ι think those benches are in Ultra settings. Playing the campaign @ 70fps, is nice.
    If you play competitive online, then no need for ultra settings. You go for the medium and >120fps

Used to do that for BF4 on my old 670. Once I got the 970 I upped to ultra on MP too and it was so much sweeter. Not sure if I could go back :D

Oh I would never use Ultra on BF4. I use medium on every thing except Mesh: Ultra, AA off and AO off etc.. I need that 120+ fps..

I have come down in settings in BFront too to get that high rate.

Im digging Battlefront. Its fun no doubt but it will NEVER have the longevity of BF for me.

Im digging Battlefront. Its fun no doubt but it will NEVER have the longevity of BF for me.

Did you have early access to the beta? I thought Origin was saying it wasn't open untli 2.30 or so this afternoon. I'm stuck in work either way :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is this an open beta PS4 or is there a code I will need?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Only got mine a few months back as anything better (980 / TI etc..) was just a massive increase in price. The 970 was a good choice for the time. Now I wonder if I should have just spent more too.
    Meh.

Haha wouldn't panic yet. Tweaks and what not be made. Patches. Yadda yadda. benchmarks, I've seen a few they differ for lots of reasons.

Play the game yourself and ignore benchmarks I say.

• Advertisement

Did you have early access to the beta? I thought Origin was saying it wasn't open untli 2.30 or so this afternoon. I'm stuck in work either way :mad:
    Ah yeah I got a early access code. I was also in the Alpha build.

I will REALLY have to play it to death before I can make up my mind if Ill get it on or just after release.. as I said, its great fun but there will have to be a lot more added to it, to add longevity.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is this an open beta PS4 or is there a code I will need?

I think its open, no need for a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

VinLieger wrote: »
    Everything ive seen so far = meh.

4 maps, only 2 of which allow the max amount of players, what the hell have they been doing all this time? Apparently the levels are also designed to be long and thin instead of massivley open to avoid the empty feeling having only 40 players in each fight will create. Also limiting PC players to 40 is a fvcking joke.
    Talking to alpha players the party system is nonexistent and you need to be lucky to play with your friends.

Ill play the beta to get that star warsy feeling but definitely wont be buying at launch, if things improve ill see about picking it up next year once the majority of maps bound to be released as DLC have gone down in price

I agree, seems like an old fashioned shooter or a game my kids would play. It is the One Direction of the gaming world.

I would argue that if either of you have not played it yet, you might want to wait and give it a go?

Ah yeah I got a early access code. I was also in the Alpha build.

I will REALLY have to play it to death before I can make up my mind if Ill get it on or just after release.. as I said, its great fun but there will have to be a lot more added to it, to add longevity.

According to a few streamers I watched yesterday, this beta has very limited content. They already have plenty more available for the actual release.
    I wouldn't want all content here. Just want a taste to see if I'll go and buy it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Game is out now on Origin. Played some Drop Zone and it was great fun, the graphics are great. Can't find any any games for Walker Assault yet though

Think its out now on the PSN as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Achieving 80-100 fps everything ultra GTX970 @1080.
    Dropped a couple of effects like hbao to achieve consistant 144 fps for my new gsync 144hz monitor, it looks glorious and is buttery smooth.

I meant to say im running 8GB of good DDR,imo you dont need 16GB or anywhere near it.
    Only 2 weeks ago pc gamer and a few more tech sites claimed no game on the market needs more than 4GB ram [no i dont mean video ram].

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Im liking this its like Battlefield 4 without added on bollox, its just simple shooting fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone else with BF4 installed on PS4 notice that when you hover downwards on the start icon that the Battlefield menu music plays? :)

Advertisement