Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games that deserve a sequel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I want to know what happened the Prey Sequel. There where loads of videos showing some amazing stuff and then it stopped. Havent heard anything in years.

It was restarted a few times, then cancelled and as far as I know picked up again. Starting to sound like DN: Forever.

Sequels I want to see are Ace Combat 7, a new Colony Wars, new G Police, System Shock 3, PGR5, Halo Wars 2,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

diddy kong racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Freedom Fighters.

So many hours put in with friends on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

CastorTroy wrote: »
    We need another Timesplitters.

Last I heard is the original trilogy is being remade so if that is true and does well... there is hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Warzone 2100 and second freedom fighters.

Back in the day plok on the snes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Beyond Good & Evil. A sequel is apparently on the cards for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Push Pop

Fever Pitch that was on the SNES, sequel on the ps4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I'd love a new Streets Of Rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Friend Computer

I'd pay any amount of money for a Deus Ex sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

tok9 wrote: »
    Oh definitely, had so much fun with that game which for an odd reason reminds of the FPS XIII which was really entertaining too.

Also agree with whoever mentioned a Dino Crisis sequel.. we need more Dino games! :P

We do need more dino games!! Wish EA would release a Dino mode for BF4 already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Lagacy of kane series !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Knights of the old Republic....!!! the 2nd one was alright but i want to see what Happened Darth Revan next he was the coolest sith lord of all !

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I know personally two games I would love to have seen a sequel from are the PS2 game XIII based off a Belgian comic if I'm not mistaken, ended on a "To be continued..." that sadly I will never see :(

God I loved that game. Thought it was really good and actually enjoyed the story and multiplayer. I had it on gamecube. I'd nearly try and find the comic to see what happened. Had a good voice cast too if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Knights of the old Republic....!!! the 2nd one was alright but i want to see what Happened Darth Revan next he was the coolest sith lord of all !

You find out what happened Revan in The old Republic, which is free to play and you can do it without grouping with nob ends. The playstyle is the same and it looks super pretty on high graphics.
    Quick edit: I was so impressed I paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You find out what happened Revan in The old Republic, which is free to play and you can do it without grouping with nob ends. The playstyle is the same and it looks super pretty on high graphics.
    Quick edit: I was so impressed I paid for it.

Is it single player ?? Sorry when i hear MMO i'm gone usually because my laptop sucks hole :/

No its an mmorpg but I played it as if it was single player. If you want PVP and Raids then you need to group up but you can follow each classes story on you own. My brother has a shítty dell laptop and he could play on low graphics. Its free to download and play so if you dont like it nothings lost. As I said I enjoyed it so much I payed a subscription for quicker XP and a mount. All of the classes have a different story arc and they are really interesting if your a fan. And you find out what happens Revan.

http://www.swtor.com/ Theres a link on that page for the download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

There were 2! They were crap :P Deus Ex 1 for me was the pinnacle of PC gaming. Sublime. The open ended nature of that game, and especially the fact that you were never given prompts towards particular paths, are something that are missing in the industry nowadays.

human revolution was quite good... except for the bosses and the press a button to "choose" your ending malarkey. I would like to see the first one redone with current tech though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

ff7

wing commander

Alan wake

half life

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Some that were mentioned by others:

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy - Absolutely smashing game of which a current/next gen sequel would be awesome and would sell like hotcakes.

Darksiders 3 - First two were brilliant, and the story is still wide open.

Rollcage - No story, but the games were amazballs! (Yeah, i just said that)

G-Police - Can't remember it as well as the rest of them, but i remember being highly impressed, so more can't be a bad thing. And imagine how cool it would look with current/next gen hardware!

Legacy of Kain - Some people think that the ending to Defiance more or less ended the series, but there is scope for another game or two. Who says we have to lie down and accept destiny!!!

And to add my own:

The Mark of Kri - Disney meets Quentin Tarantino. Great game. Remember being hooked to it.

Dead Ball Zone - Sunk so many hours into this, and i've tried a few recent attempts of similar games, but nothing seems to come close to the original.

State of Emergency - So much fun in that game, it deserves a current/next gen remake/sequel.

The Warriors - It may be hard to create a sequel to it, but anything close to the original would be awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Xcellor wrote: »
    ff7

half life

Half Life got one...called Half Life 2

FF7 - the story was pretty much wrapped up by the end of 1. Advent Children 2. On the Way to a Smile and 3. FF7 Last Order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

A real sequel for Syndicate wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

No its an mmorpg but I played it as if it was single player
    And you didn't give up after the mind-numbing slog of playing an MMO on your own?

As a warning to anyone tempted by the Old Republic on the basis of the above advice: don't waste your time. It perfectly demonstrates why you can't shoehorn a single player story into a MMO game design
    That'd be Deux Ex 4
    I'd love a new Streets Of Rage.
    Streets of Rage 4
    Lone Stone wrote:
    Lagacy of kane series !
    Legacy of Kain 6 (or 7 if you count the upcoming MMO)

I could go on. But the point from these random examples should be obvious: most people have no right to ever again complain about a lack of originality in games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Sniper V2 . best sniper game I've ever played. Unreal gameplay . compared to others I've played. Hopefully there'll be a v3 some day .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Actually a game I remember enjoying a lot was Second Sight during the PS2 era made by the developers behind Timesplitters I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Hopefully there'll be a v3 some day .
    It's been announced for 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

dor83 wrote: »
    I would love to play another Viewtiful Joe game, I might actually dig out my GC next time I'm at home and replay them.

Was going to say this.

Viewtiful Joe
    Timesplitters
    Jet Force Gemini

In that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

A game I'd like to see a sequel to is the "Commandos" series.

With a number of other older game series' making a resurgence, I'd say it's isometric-viewpointed tactics could go down a storm if they came back.
    For that matter; I still think the current games deserve a re-playthrough. I must get around to that some day...

http://commandoshq.net/Images/Screenshots/commandos2_14.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Player 2 wrote: »
    A game I'd like to see a sequel to is the "Commandos" series.

With a number of other older game series' making a resurgence, I'd say it's isometric-viewpointed tactics could go down a storm if they came back.
    For that matter; I still think the current games deserve a re-playthrough. I must get around to that some day...

http://commandoshq.net/Images/Screenshots/commandos2_14.jpg

i bought them on gog ages ago thinking i'd replay some of the loved games of my childhood

jesus christ they're hard, i gave up and haven't been back since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

tok9 wrote: »
    Actually a game I remember enjoying a lot was Second Sight during the PS2 era made by the developers behind Timesplitters I believe.
    Not going to happen unfortunately.

But if you liked it then play Psi-Ops. :)

Advertisement