Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games that deserve a sequel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Isn't Gearbox already doing this?

Gearbox are doing HD remakes of Homeworld 1 and 2.

The studio later announced plans to release Homeworld HD and Homeworld HD 2 remakes along with Homeworld: Shipbreakers, an entirely new game based on the franchise.

And a new game called Homeworld Shipbreakers which is a prequel to Homeworld 1.

http://blackbirdinteractive.com/games/

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/02/17/pitchford-gearbox-overspent-on-homeworld-remastering

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think Alpha Protocol deserves a sequel. It had a hell of a lot of problems, but showed amazing promise. It was a great blend of RPG, stealth game and shooter and could really be amazing if it got the AAA treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Bad Company 3. After 2 genuinely good games and great mulitplayer experiences DICE have left it languishing. Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Black the FPS from the Xbox/PS2 generation. Would love to see a GTA game set in Vice City again.

Also a decent Mercenaries sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines deserved a sequel as it's parent company went out of business and left us wanting more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Vagrant Story. Doesn't have to be a direct sequel, just set in the same world with similar art style and gameplay mechanics...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Red dead redemption ( not undead)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Mafia 3, get the finger out 2kCzech

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Body Harvest

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sarky wrote: »
    A French aristocrat wanders a non-specific area of France just as the Revolution hits. Play Jean-Luc Marreston as he hunts peasants for sport, eats cake, gets the pox, goes on strike, meticulously selects his wardrobe, badmouths the Pope and eventually gets beheaded by a pack of illiterate but very angry rebels.

I'd totally play that! :p

I always thought the French Revolution was a perfect setting for the Assassins Creed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

I would love to play another Viewtiful Joe game, I might actually dig out my GC next time I'm at home and replay them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

valkyria chronicles
    (don't give me the "it's on PSP" speil.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Dino Crisis 2.

People tell me there was actually sequel made to it but I never have any idea what they're talking about...

Ooh, would love a new and good Dino Crisis game. Also, a new Turok that was good
    Sarky wrote: »
    A French aristocrat wanders a non-specific area of France just as the Revolution hits. Play Jean-Luc Marreston as he hunts peasants for sport, eats cake, gets the pox, goes on strike, meticulously selects his wardrobe, badmouths the Pope and eventually gets beheaded by a pack of illiterate but very angry rebels.

If Rockstar made that, it'd be awesome. Similarly, some sort of futuristic game or late Samurai age Japan.

Don't really see the point of just repeating the Western time period, when John Marston's story was done.

Oh, a new Timesplitters would be sextastic, especially if it still had local multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

The getaway 3. Loved the first the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Zero escape 3 the fact that we cannot see a sequel to that game tells me there something wrong with the gaming world :(

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Destruction Derby 2 needs a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

COD Ghosts 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hard to really pick which ones I'd like to see most but I guess...

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
    Cracking psionic-laced shooter from Midway back in 2004. Ended on a cliffhanger for a sequel that never came due to resources being moved onto Stranglehold. So yea, ****.

Darksiders 3
    Even one more iteration in this series would be great. Not sure if Nordic will go for it or if it'll be as good without Madureira in charge but it's certainly better than being left with nothing.

Hostile Waters
    Battlezone mixed with Carrier Command made by Rage. Obviously not going to happen due to the demise of Rage but still, incredibly fond memories of action/strategy hybrid.

Zombies (SNES)
    See Wayforward?

Then there's Alan Wake, Freespace 3, Battlezone, Blast Corps, Ninja Gaiden 3 (since the last one didn't happen), Ghosts 'n Goblins, Rollcage, Hidden & Dangerous, Bionic Commando...

We're getting Mirrors Edge 2 and Beyond Good & Evil 2 so I'll leave them off my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Skerries wrote: »
    Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines deserved a sequel as it's parent company went out of business and left us wanting more

CCP picked up the licence when they bought whitewolf. They are planning an MMO but it sounds like its going through development hell. The team was stripped for other projects. I'm not convinced on it as a MMO as I can't see the atmosphere and tone being possible in a MMO.

I would like to see another call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth. One that isn't as broken as some bit in this (the car chase). The hotel chase at the start is really good though and they did a good Lovercraftian atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Magill wrote: »
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R

1375510875708.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Timmyctc wrote: »
    NOLF was possibly the best value for money I've got from a game. So much substance to it and it did the 60s spy theme so well.

Totally, it was the game that kept on giving. And all powered by *shudder* the Lithtech engine; man you kids don't know you're born with your shaders, polygons and whatnot :p

Anyone know who even has the rights to NOLF these days? There's no sign of it on Steam or GOG, which is kinda surprising, not to mention an absolute shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Oh... World of Warcraft deserves a full on sequel ! As does Warcraft 3. I don't think any game would create as much a fuss as a new World of Warcraft !! Be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

quad_red wrote: »
    Gearbox are doing HD remakes of Homeworld 1 and 2.

Well, colour me excited!

About 1. Not 2. There is no 2. What an awful storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Wouldn't mind seeing more Jade Empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tim3000 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Black the FPS from the Xbox/PS2 generation.

Oh definitely, had so much fun with that game which for an odd reason reminds of the FPS XIII which was really entertaining too.

Also agree with whoever mentioned a Dino Crisis sequel.. we need more Dino games! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

We need another Timesplitters.

Plus Prince of Persia 2008 needs a sequel. Failing that, just another Prince of Persia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

LoganRice wrote: »
    Destruction Derby 2 needs a sequel

That or pretty much anything by Psygnosis...that isnt Wipeout.

I mean: Colony Wars, G-Police, Rollcage, TEAM mother-funking BUDDIES......

*sigh* So many great franchises and Sony just sits on them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

Freelancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I mean: Colony Wars, Rollcage

Oh the Nostalgia, great games and would love a re-boot of them provided they were done right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I want to know what happened the Prey Sequel. There where loads of videos showing some amazing stuff and then it stopped. Havent heard anything in years.

Advertisement