Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games that deserve a sequel?

Options
  • 18-02-2014 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any games they feel Need a sequel, but never got one, be it due to financial reasons on the company's behalf, lack of interest or simply the story was done but in your opinion, not quite finished.

I know personally two games I would love to have seen a sequel from are the PS2 game XIII based off a Belgian comic if I'm not mistaken, ended on a "To be continued..." that sadly I will never see :(

That and a sequel to the Wizardry Series. The last release, Wizardry VIII came shortly before the company's liquidation. Such a good rpg considering when it came out and among the best ever imo.

Dungeon Keeper too. I'd get into it more but talking about EA makes my blood boil.

So, anyone have any games they would have loved to see a sequel from?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Timmyctc wrote: »
    That and a sequel to the Wizardry Series. The last release, Wizardry VIII came shortly before the company's liquidation. Such a good rpg considering when it came out and among the best ever imo.

The Wizardry series has been going for a long time in Japan with some really good games in the series coming from there that stay very true to the original series. There's a PS3 game on PSN that's very old school but not the best. The PS2 wizardry game is great.

If you want an old school wizardry fix then try the etrian odyssey series of games which are superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

HALF LIFE 3!!!!!!!!!

Make that f&%^king game!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Homeworld 3 - as much as i'd love to see Shenmue 3 and Half Life 3 (which will be released eventually), i'd take a proper Homeworld game over any of them. And no mobile bull****. A proper release. That, i would give anything for.

Freespace 3 and Baldur's Gate 3 would also be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Three of the top of my head - Black, Rage and Bully. All good games in their own right, but with lots of room for improvements that a sequel could have brought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A forgotten classic of the early 2000s, I'd dearly love to see a 3rd adventure for Cate Archer in another No One Lives Forever; the first two games were fantastic fun and really well crafted examples of action stealth - genuinely funny too with their offbeat 60s setting. Number 1 had so many set-pieces it kinda put stuff like Call of Duty to shame (I always thought the first game did so much it left the sequel very little to do, feeling a little slight in comparison)

Heck, just thinking about it makes me want to dig out my old install CD and give it yet another whirl.
    *hums the theme tune*

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    A forgotten classic of the early 2000s, I'd dearly love to see a 3rd adventure for Cate Archer in another No One Lives Forever; the first two games were fantastic fun and really well crafted examples of action stealth - genuinely funny too with their offbeat 60s setting. Number 1 had so many set-pieces it kinda put stuff like Call of Duty to shame (I always thought the first game did so much it left the sequel very little to do, feeling a little slight in comparison)

Heck, just thinking about it makes me want to dig out my old install CD and give it yet another whirl.
    *hums the theme tune*

Absolutely brilliant game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Kiith wrote: »
    Baldur's Gate 3

This is basically happening.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillars_of_Eternity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

pixelburp wrote: »

*hums the theme tune*

NOLF was possibly the best value for money I've got from a game. So much substance to it and it did the 60s spy theme so well.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    NOLF was possibly the best value for money I've got from a game. So much substance to it and it did the 60s spy theme so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7qpSUvNM9I

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Red Dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Alan Wake.

Fallout.

Crash Bandicoot.

Red Dead Redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dune RTS series - My most played game on Sega Mega drive 2. I want a new Dune game!

Jagged alliance PROPER turn based game - Last one was ****.

C&C Red Alert 4 - Everbody like some good Red alert games!

Test Drive Series - I even liked the last one. It did some issues, but it was a very fun open world racing game with cool cars.

Warhammer RTS - I liked the old one and the new ones. I would love more, but I doubt there will be. :(

Sillent hill - The one that does not suck please. the original holy trinity was great. Damn, I even LOVE movies. Why not to make a good game for a change?

DUNGEON KEEPER 3

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Spycraft :) Loved that game when it came out many moons ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Fragile Allegiance. I cannot count how many hours I sunk into that gem of a game, setting up asteroid mining colonies, fleets to protect them, a web of covert operatives to sabotage alien rivals, and massive stockpiles of viral warheads for whenever they found out and declared war. A sequel or a reboot would make me *so* happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

dungeon keeper 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Dungeon Keeper three would be excellent, also a sequel or maybe even hd version of Freedom Fighters would be fantastic! Loved that game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

severance: blade of darkness

sequel or remake will do me fine

also battlezone 3d

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Sarky wrote: »
    Fragile Allegiance. I cannot count how many hours I sunk into that gem of a game, setting up asteroid mining colonies, fleets to protect them, a web of covert operatives to sabotage alien rivals, and massive stockpiles of viral warheads for whenever they found out and declared war. A sequel or a reboot would make me *so* happy.

You legend, I used to have this game and it's been wrecking my head for ages trying to remember the name of it !
    Such a fun game that ate up hours of my life, a sequel would be amazing.
    It's $5.99 on GOG, might be time for a little trip down memory lane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

+1 on Homeworld 3.

Also, a direct sequel to Homeworld Cataclysm.

Gotta love Kiith Somtaw.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    You legend, I used to have this game and it's been wrecking my head for ages trying to remember the name of it !
    Such a fun game that ate up hours of my life, a sequel would be amazing.
    It's $5.99 on GOG, might be time for a little trip down memory lane :)

It wasn't on GOG last time I checked. That was a long time ago, but still. You sir have made my day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Rossin wrote: »
    dungeon keeper 3
    Gru wrote: »
    Dungeon Keeper three would be excellent, also a sequel or maybe even hd version of Freedom Fighters would be fantastic! Loved that game.

Go here, forget about the Dungeon Keeper name, its memory is being raped by EA atm. WFTO is your future.

I'd love to see a sequel to Bully (and one that worked this time please R*, that bug ridden mess that was the first one was a fking disgrace). The Red Dead setting is also probably good for another run, I didn't play the first, but RDR was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Star wars: tie fighter

Excellent star wars game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Kiith wrote: »
    Baldur's Gate 3 would also be amazing.
    Really? I thought that Throne of Bhaal was a pretty conclusive ending to the series

And that's probably my issue with this thread: very few games need a sequel. People just want similar games: even if they rarely hit the heights of the original. Which is, unfortunately, exactly what drives the likes of EA and Activision to churn out mediocre sequel after sequel
    Dune RTS series - My most played game on Sega Mega drive 2. I want a new Dune game!
    There have been two Dune games since Dune II (itself a sequel). Neither was very good

The same can be said for a few other games listed in this thread. People are often calling for number three, four, five or six in a franchise. At which point you've got to insist that no one ever complains about lazy franchises again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Call of Duty.

quad_red wrote: »
    +1 on Homeworld 3.

Also, a direct sequel to Homeworld Cataclysm.

Gotta love Kiith Somtaw.
    Isn't Gearbox already doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Call of Duty.

Did you post dis 4dalolz? hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahaahha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah

ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

For everyone saying dungeon keeper 3 have ye been keeping an eye on war for the overworld.

https://wftogame.com/

Pretty much dungeon keeper, peter molyneux has given it his backing, they have obviously made changes in order not to end up in a legal battle with EA but gameplay wise its looking promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shenmue,Half Life, Bully and KOTOR (not The Old Republic crap).

Seen Red Dead mentioned, and I wouldn't really like a sequel. It was an excellent game, but I'd love if Rockstar tried a different time period for that style of game rather than releasing a sequel. The story was done, so it'd just be a different story in a similar environment.

Why not a different story in a different environment?

titan18 wrote: »
    Why not a different story in a different environment?

A French aristocrat wanders a non-specific area of France just as the Revolution hits. Play Jean-Luc Marreston as he hunts peasants for sport, eats cake, gets the pox, goes on strike, meticulously selects his wardrobe, badmouths the Pope and eventually gets beheaded by a pack of illiterate but very angry rebels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Dino Crisis 2.

People tell me there was actually sequel made to it but I never have any idea what they're talking about...

Advertisement