Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

mycro89 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter from who....

Suit yourself. Ill go with the credible public jobs source so!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Mycro don't go sayin things like that on online forums. If you can't say who it was don't say it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Mycro don't go sayin things like that on online forums. If you can't say who it was don't say it at all.

Ahm, I'm not going to publicly name names on an an ONLINE forum

Ahm, I'm not going to publicly name names on an an ONLINE forum

No one asked you to name exactly who said it to you we only wanted a general idea of who it was eg public jobs or someone in college or whatever so we can make our own judgment of how credible the info might be. Otherwise its pointless telling us because we cant take it one bit serious.

It was a lady in public jobs that told me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

It was a lady in public jobs that told me.

Why didn't you say that in first place? We're all the same team here :)

It appears as if different people are being told different information when they contact public jobs..........

Don't worry about it we will get the results when we get them...

Maybe they are aiming for monday but 25th is just an 'at the latest' date. Its not like the have to do much only set up a generic email and the fire your results into it.

Exactly, could very well be out on Monday, but the 25th is the very latest they could be out according to Public Jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 newo21

VicMack wrote: »
    I rang up and asked. How do you think it went for you?

It was alright I suppose, some parts were harder than the practice questions and some were easier. I couldn't honestly say how I did though but I'd like to think I didn't get too many wrong. Had to guess a few so thankfully no negative marking! How'd you find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

newo21 wrote: »
    It was alright I suppose, some parts were harder than the practice questions and some were easier. I couldn't honestly say how I did though but I'd like to think I didn't get too many wrong. Had to guess a few so thankfully no negative marking! How'd you find them?

I did very little practice for the exam and flew through the two exams really quickly.

I spent about 10 seconds on every question, and didn't over think the answer. I just went with instinct after trying to work it out. At the end I had at at least 10 minutes left over. Maybe it was stupid, but hopefully It worked out.

I know two people in band 2 who didn't bother doing the exam. I wonder how many people didn't overall?

I found the inductive to be straight forward. I ran out of time on the verbal with a few questions left but from what I did answer on the verbal I'm confident I answered correctly so fingers crossed! Just hoping to make it through to stage 3 and then take it from there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Hi, I got to stage 2 last year after first round of tests.Came around 4000 out of the 25000 odd participants.

Then in stage 2 I passed the verbal but narrowly failed the inductive.

I see people here are being called back to sit the test again :confused:

Should I be getting an email?

Hi, I got to stage 2 last year after first round of tests.Came around 4000 out of the 25000 odd participants.

Then in stage 2 I passed the verbal but narrowly failed the inductive.

I see people here are being called back to sit the test again :confused:

Should I be getting an email?

No your out. The people that are being called to stage two now are the ones that passed stage one but were left in band 2 and 3 on a waiting list after stage 1. In other words you were called forward for stage 2 fast because you were in top 5000 after stage one where as we passed it but we had to wait 1 and half years b4 we got called for stage 2.

5000 to 12500 i think is where people in stage 1 bands 2 and 3 wer placed.

Unfortunately man ur done until 2016. Psni campaign starting in October. A lot tougher competition cause there is fewer places if you are interested.

Unfortunately man ur done until 2016. Psni campaign starting in October. A lot tougher competition cause there is fewer places if you are interested.

Who said 2016 exactly ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Who said 2016 exactly ?
    T
    It doesn't matter from who....

D Trent wrote: »
    T

Ha, well played...

• Advertisement

I'm guessing it will be announced in 2016 and the tests will start in janurAry

There's no reason they can't exhaust band2/3 first (7000) first. That number will be lower once the stage 2 results come out, but there is a lot of us in Band 2/3 who are more than capable of doing the job.

It took them that long to exhaust band 1(5000), therefore this recruitment campaign should contiinue on for at least the same amount of time as it's taken to get through Band 1.

So I wouldn't be expecting any new campaign this year or next while there's still 7000 involved the current recruitment process. Granted there will be a lot of people who have moved on since then and have got new jobs or decided they're not interested, but there is still a large number of people remaining who are interested in joining AGS from Band 2/3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

VicMack wrote: »
    There's no reason they can't exhaust band2/3 first (7000) first. That number will be lower once the stage 2 results come out, but there is a lot of us in Band 2/3 who are more than capable of doing the job.

It took them that long to exhaust band 1(5000), therefore this recruitment campaign should contiinue on for at least the same amount of time as it's taken to get through Band 1.

So I wouldn't be expecting any new campaign this year or next while there's still 7000 involved the current recruitment process. Granted there will be a lot of people who have moved on since then and have got new jobs or decided they're not interested, but there is still a large number of people remaining who are interested in joining AGS from Band 2/3.

I'd agree that they will possibly advertise in late 2016 for a new campaign to start the at home unsupervised tests in early 2017... yes it's taken nearly 2 years to exhaust the 3000 from Band 1 who passed stage 2 but this was the first campaign in over 5 years so I imagine there is a more efficient way in doing the campaign and PAS/public jobs will learn from Band 1 and go through band 2/3 much quicker.

There are delays in the vetting for some people which means they are being overtaken by people coming after them, so I imagine they will have everyone through to interview asap to start the vetting so they aren't falling short on expected numbers for intakes as they have been.

Now the minister has promised to try get 500 new recruits every year public jobs can speed up and increase their numbers being processed which is why they took all 7000 band 2 & 3 and not just the 4000 in band 2.

I'm feeling very nervous...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

There will be a massive cull in numbers from band2/3 I expect most of the 7000 people to be wiped out in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

TallGlass wrote: »
    There will be a massive cull in numbers from band2/3 I expect most of the 7000 people to be wiped out in it.

And how do you know this?

Don't come on here making stuff up and spreading nonsense.

5000 did the last stage two.
    3100 either passed or were put on a band
    1900 didn't progress.

Most people didn't fail. Most people passed.

So tell me more about this massive cull???

What time in the day do they generally release the emails ?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

What time in the day do they generally release the emails ?

Any time at all.

I drove myself mad back when I was waiting for results too but I think people should relax and try to put it out of their mind. You'll only drive yourself insane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newo21

Results are out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Results are out...

Pass?

Advertisement