Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newo21

Pass?

I passed yes but we're being spilt into bands again by the looks of it. Anybody that placed up to and including 500 are being called forward now but those further on are being called at a later stage. Just about missed out on the first grouping! Gutted in a way but I'm still on track to get to stage 3.

1-500: qualify for stage 3 straight away.
    501-1294: will be called shortly
    Anybody outside these bands are eliminated from the campaign

Anybody have any idea how many people were in this stage altogether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

newo21 wrote: »
    1-500: qualify for stage 3 straight away.
    501-1294: will be called shortly
    Anybody outside these bands are eliminated from the campaign

Anybody have any idea how many people were in this stage altogether?

Only 1,294 people passed????? up to 7,000 were invited to do it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Also well done newo21 on passing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

how do u check results?

• Advertisement

Shanee. wrote: »
    how do u check results?

On the public jobs message board. I got a text to say to check!

7000 were called?? And they only took 1294, Didn't think they'd cull that many like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Something smells fishy

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coneill1991

Well done to everyone that passed. I was delighted with my results and made it into band 1. Now stage 3 hopefully I can do aswell in that one lots of hard work ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

BOOM BIATCH!!! And they said it couldn't be done because I was ****e at aptitude tests!! Top 200 baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

Hi all, just checked my email, I placed 289th, pleased with the results but a lot more work to do, good luck to everyone today!

• Advertisement

FairPlay to all! When do you's get called again for stage 3? Just curious to gauge how long my wait will be haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

No text or email to check pj yet but id say there doing it in the traditional method of people who didnt get it first and working there way up to top because just logged on came top 10 yeeeooooowwww!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Omahony92

First time posting...made it through :) Delighted...see ye in dublin :) And to those who didnt place this time dont give up

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wispa4

Just came outside the 500 mark.says in the email envisaged i will be contacted soon.i wonder how likely that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Maria79

Didn't make it... So disappointed , failed verbal by 1 point! Is there any point appealing do u think? First people going to sit stage three in two weeks I was told by guy that I did a course with! Well done to all that got through.

wispa4 wrote: »
    Just came outside the 500 mark.says in the email envisaged i will be contacted soon.i wonder how likely that is.

Definitely be called up as far as I know, they'll use that band until it's exhausted and then call new people up to stage 2 afterwards. It's not over yet!

Maria79 wrote: »
    Didn't make it... So disappointed , failed verbal by 1 point! Is there any point appealing do u think? First people going to sit stage three in two weeks I was told by guy that I did a course with! Well done to all that got through.

I didn't realise you could appeal stage 2? I doubt they'd do anything for you unfortunately because it's the result the computer came up with, I thought that you could only appeal stage 3 because it has to come within an expected score in relation to your stage 2 results so its possible to appeal incase it didn't come within that range but you have an excuse/reason to explain why or to prove you didn't cheat etc but I'm open to correction on all this

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

Hi guys. I also passed stage 2. But I was 34 when I applied and now I'm 35. Am I too old to go ahead with the recruitment

Hi guys. I also passed stage 2. But I was 34 when I applied and now I'm 35. Am I too old to go ahead with the recruitment

As far as I remember as long as you were within the age limit when applying then your sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wispa4

Definitely be called up as far as I know, they'll use that band until it's exhausted and then call new people up to stage 2 afterwards. It's not over yet!

Ye hopefully so anyway. The struggle continues. All who didnt pass it sorry to hear.be plenty more campaigns coming up.

• Advertisement

wispa4 wrote: »
    Ye hopefully so anyway. The struggle continues. All who didnt pass it sorry to hear.be plenty more campaigns coming up.

Yeah commiserations guys! According to Francis Fitzgerald were on rolling recruitment, whether that's a fresh campaign or going to use all from this one I'm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Got placed in the top 500, absolutely delighted!! Well done to everyone who got through and for those that didn't, do not give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Passed but just outside 500. What does that mean the number they've gave us? does that literally mean our position in terms of numbers the number it states "you placed" it just says they envisage we will be contacted shortly about progressing to stage 3? Congrats to everyone who has passed and sorry to hear those who haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

Passed but just outside 500. What does that mean the number they've gave us? does that literally mean our position in terms of numbers the number it states "you placed" it just says they envisage we will be contacted shortly about progressing to stage 3? Congrats to everyone who has passed and sorry to hear those who haven't.

Heya, delighted I passed also but came 1200 :-( the email reads I will be contacted soon, is that likely, how long etc??

tara321 wrote: »
    Heya, delighted I passed also but came 1200 :-( the email reads I will be contacted soon, is that likely, how long etc??

Hi Tara I have know idea lol, I'm pleased I passed and I'm still in it, what is involved in the stage 3 assessment. I'm in the North you see.

Yeah it's where you placed in terms of the 1294 that passed the tests. And they will contact you after the first 500 are finished the next stage for you to be brought forward to stage 3. You aren't out yet anyway

Yeah it's where you placed in terms of the 1294 that passed the tests. And they will contact you after the first 500 are finished the next stage for you to be brought forward to stage 3. You aren't out yet anyway

Thanks for the reply newo how many did the test? does anyone know? Or were at least invited? so out of 1294, 500 odd will eventually get the offer? obviously the remaining stages are left but is that how many are left in it for 500 odd places?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 senor2013

I didn't make it. :( I am devastated. I don't think i'd be taking it as bad only I fully expected I did great in the Inductive test and would be sweating on the Verbal reasoning. Turns out I got 792 / 800 in the verbal (which means I mustn't of got any wrong) and 338 / 800 in the Inductive. I can't figure out how I did so bad in the inductive. I feel like appealing to see. I surely couldn't of got over 12 of the 24 questions wrong. I remember I even had about 2 minutes to spare. Does anybody know how the marking/scoring works?

Thanks for the reply newo how many did the test? does anyone know? Or were at least invited? so out of 1294, 500 odd will eventually get the offer? obviously the remaining stages are left but is that how many are left in it for 500 odd places?

Dublingirl88 said 7000 sat the test. 1294 passed with the first 500 of the 1294 being brought to stage 3 now and the remainder are waiting to be called to stage 3 eventually. The 500 going through now will be culled again in stage 3/4/5 so out of that group possibly 100 will get to templemore roughly I'm guessing

• Advertisement

Dublingirl88 said 7000 sat the test. 1294 passed with the first 500 of the 1294 being brought to stage 3 now and the remainder are waiting to be called to stage 3 eventually. The 500 going through now will be culled again in stage 3/4/5 so out of that group possibly 100 will get to templemore roughly I'm guessing

Damn, so effectively then out of the 1294, 500 will make it? That's kinda achievable if you get me, not to get ahead of anything, but just them odds are not as bad as I thought? When you consider the numbers that have been involved.

Advertisement