Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Glantinegaels

Hi folks, new to the thread just wondering if any1 can answer 1 quick questions for me?
    1. I have a level 6 on the national framework (carpentry & joinery) & a distincation in LCA which included Irish & French. Will that do me for my 2nd language or will I have to do a separate language exam if I get through stage 2?
    Any help appreciated & best of luck with the results

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Best bet is to contact garda human resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

I would imagine that the 500 for next year will come from this campaign and possibly even some the year after. This campaign will continue to fill recruitment in Templemore until there are no more left. At that point recruitment will need to come from a new campaign which may start sooner than expected an possibly the end of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

In fact if I was a betting man Id say that you could expect to hear an announcement of a new campaign by Minister Fitzgerald coming up to election time next year-possibly around march. Lets see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Was just reading an article - only 94 passed out last week? I thought 100 were in that group, did 6 fail ? Drop out ?

• Advertisement

Who cares....that's their problem...

Who cares....that's their problem...

I care as a tax payer........

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

mycro89 wrote: »
    I care as a tax payer........

The chances are that they were either kicked out because they failed exams/ weren't good enough or just quit.

And yes, I also care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

AudiKid wrote: »
    The chances are that they were either kicked out because they failed exams/ weren't good enough or just quit.

And yes, I also care

If they failed exams they'll be allowed repeat aspects of their training so it's not beyond possibility that next graduation could be 131 passing out as opposed to 125

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

D Trent wrote: »
    If they failed exams they'll be allowed repeat aspects of their training so it's not beyond possibility that next graduation could be 131 passing out as opposed to 125

There's only 99 in the college now which is the July (152's) intake, they didn't get the 125 they wanted....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

There's only 99 in the college now which is the July (152's) intake, they didn't get the 125 they wanted....

Which means that people in the higher OOM that might have had a chance for October might not make it in? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Probably personal reasons/change of mind. If they got through 3 sets of aptitudes and all the various stages in recruitment, they are unlikely to fail any exams in Templemore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

jwm85 wrote: »
    Which means that people in the higher OOM that might have had a chance for October might not make it in? :eek:

I think I've seen on here speculation that they want 150 for October but are seriously struggling to get the numbers together, and it's all likely delays in the vetting causing the struggle....

Lads can I just say something about this matter. At this stage as candidates we should not be concerned with how many people are dropping out of Templemore. We need to be focusing on the next stage if we get there. That's all I'm saying about this cause it's how I feel about it. Also the PSNI are recruiting in October. If anyone wants a second option like I do.

I'm tired of waiting. I'm taking it one stage at a time and I hope to be walking through the gates of Templemore or garnerville next year.

Lads can I just say something about this matter. At this stage as candidates we should not be concerned with how many people are dropping out of Templemore. We need to be focusing on the next stage if we get there. That's all I'm saying about this cause it's how I feel about it. Also the PSNI are recruiting in October. If anyone wants a second option like I do.

I'm tired of waiting. I'm taking it one stage at a time and I hope to be walking through the gates of Templemore or garnerville next year.

Well in all fairness there's not much else to talk about until the results are out.

When you consider what we have to go through to get to Templemore, and then you have students just dropping out of the college like that.
    It really does annoy people and it's good to talk about it.

If rather be a Garda then a Constable any day of the week, but good look with both

We are well entitled to talk about them, given the little margins that existed in this campaign what's to say if they didn't apply that it wouldn't be one of us that is in templemore training or even passed out at this stage, I was very high up in band 2, had they not been there what's to say that I wouldn't have made band 1.....

Lads I not saying we shouldn't be talking about it I just think that it is pointless worrying about the drop out rate in the Garda college when we haven't even set.foot in the door. To me it does not make any sense. That's all I'm saying

And also the Garda is what I want let me make that clear. But my time as a reserve has made me certain that i want to be a police officer. I was even thinking about moving to the uk for a while to start my three years when I didn't have a clue what was happening with the bands. I went as far as nearly signin up for te royal military police only my father talked me out of it. I have to keep all my options open and I will basically go where the job is. For me it is as simple as that.

And yes my spelling is crap...iv been up since 4 o clock this morning and I couldn't be bothered fixing it.

And yes my spelling is crap...iv been up since 4 o clock this morning and I couldn't be bothered fixing it.

Ah not to worry, we don't judge!! What's for you won't pass you, drive on and it will happen :)

• Advertisement

Lads I not saying we shouldn't be talking about it I just think that it is pointless worrying about the drop out rate in the Garda college when we haven't even set.foot in the door. To me it does not make any sense. That's all I'm saying

Look your missing the point.

I'm not worrying about it , I'm angry about it. Especially when we're all fighting to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

In all fairness nobody knows the circumstances of why people haven't graduated or why people may drop out etc. You can't really be angry or petty about it, that's just life. Nobody is perfect. We'll all get in when our time comes.

Lads back on topic. A lot of us still anxiously waiting on results for stage 2.

Good news is that I can confirm the results for stage 2 will be out on the 25th of Sept (at the very latest) - according to Public Jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newo21

VicMack wrote: »
    Lads back on topic. A lot of us still anxiously waiting on results for stage 2.

Good news is that I can confirm the results for stage 2 will be out on the 25th of Sept (at the very latest) - according to Public Jobs.

Just curious did you ring up or is that on the website?

newo21 wrote: »
    Just curious did you ring up or is that on the website?

I rang up and asked. How do you think it went for you?

Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Maria79

God I wish it was al over and done with at this stage!

I was told next Monday ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

mycro89 wrote: »
    I was told next Monday ....

By who?

• Advertisement

thekopend wrote: »
    By who?

It doesn't matter from who....

Advertisement