Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 IrelandRos

Hi Everyone,

Just joined there.

I completed my online tests and nothing stood out as too difficult but u just never know.

Could someone confirm for me that when they completed thein tests , they just logged out and got no confirmation email???.

I just feel I haven't done something

You would have got a green tick mark showing the test was completed, after the time lapsed at the end of each test, no other confirmation really, no email or message from public jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

Done my test last night, found verbal ok wasn't difficult anyway, inductive was hard enough I thought wouldn't be my strong point anyway so bit up and down, here's to hoping anyway, plenty of other opportunities out there lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

Did anyone else get an email from public jobs??

Can't log in since yesterday to read it??

Is it just a reminder to complete the test??

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

I think it's just a reminder. My brother got one yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

I got it aswell even thou i got my test done....nearly crapped my pants!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

Don't worry it's just a reminder. I did my tests weeks ago and still got one. PAS also sent the same message in a straight email. So keep an eye on your emails.

And by the way I get an error message often enough when I sign in, I just press the home link on the top of the page and can get normal access then if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Maria79

I just did my tests there. Tough enough, time is the worst. Didn't get the last 5 questions of verbal finished but there not expecting us to anyhow. Inductive so so, but def not as hard as samples sent out.
    Overall I don't really know how I did tbh, but they say unless your in the top 70/80% you may forget about it. Anyhow back to the real job now!!:)

Also if I get the chance to sit the test inthe 3rd stage I know I'd do much better, I was flying practicing them on paper but when it comes to doing them on the pc, I just get mixed up! Good luck to all left to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

Here's the email just in case.

This reminder e-mail is being sent to all candidates scheduled to take
    their Aptitude tests (both Verbal Reasoning and Logical/Inductive Reasoning
    Test) before 12 noon Wednesday, 9th September 2015.

If you HAVE already completed both of the above tests, please disregard
    this message.

If you have NOT completed both of the tests you have until 12 noon on
    Wednesday 9th September 2015 to do so.

If you have NOT received the e-mail containing the link to your Aptitude
    Tests, please check your publicjobs message board as instructed previously.

If you are having difficulties accessing the tests you should contact

or phone 1800 947 745 (9am-6pm).

Regards
    Public Appointments Service

In order to post I had to remove the email addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Maria79 wrote: »
    Also if I get the chance to sit the test inthe 3rd stage I know I'd do much better, I was flying practicing them on paper but when it comes to doing them on the pc, I just get mixed up! Good luck to all left to do it.

Stage 3 is done on pc's in a computer room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 kessyj92

Any 1 any idea if when people are going to hear about stage 3 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Well I think that's me out, very tuff. The jobs prep test was good but not worth the 50€, it helped some what in that I got most of the inductive reasoning down to 2 answers but didn't help much after that. The inductive was tuff, not sure why people thought it was easy, on most questions two answers could easily have been the answer looking for the stubble difference.

Verbal, was a disaster got the questions answered but really have my doubts about answers.

All in all very tuff test. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Our faith will be finalised within the next 2 hours.............

mycro89 wrote: »
    Really that soon is it not open until 12 to do the teSt? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

mycro89 wrote: »
    kessyj92 wrote: »

Think it was a typo there that should have read 'fate' not 'faith'....

Autocorrect is a b*tch ha!

kessyj92 wrote: »

Well, if it closes at 12 your place will be determined and finalised as no one else will be doing the tests from 12 on wards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Good God,

I left it to the last minute by accident. I planned to sit it during weekend, and forgot and remembered about 9am this morning, deadline at 12pm.

Completed fully the verbal reasoning, but the logical inductive reasoning i only got 16/24 as spent too much time on trying get them right and being certain.

I'd imagine the third stage is really just to verify it is you and no cheating has occurred

And that's a wrap..........

I remember the site recommending using paper and pen for the tests. I found this confused things further, took more time, and really got awkward with the mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Its done and dusted now, best of luck to everyone :)

For anyone who has done stage 2 previously, how long did you have to wait for the results for stage 3?

Also were you told you got to stage 3 straight away or placed in to another band for the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

VicMack wrote: »

For anyone who has done stage 2 previously, how long did you have to wait for the results for stage 3?

Also were you told you got to stage 3 straight away or placed in to another band for the future?

It was about a month wait, and you may get placed in a new set of bands, for us it was;

1-600 = Band 1 and these were being brought to stage 3.
    601-3,100 = Band 2 - to be called if additional numbers after Band 1 were needed.
    then the remainder I think who didn't pass were classed as Band 3...

VicMack wrote: »

I did Stage 2 in Jan/Feb 2014.
    Got the results within 2-3 weeks.
    I did stage 3 in March 2015

Depending on your OOM you may have to wait a while to be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mark..

jwm85 wrote: »
    I did Stage 2 in Jan/Feb 2014.
    Got the results within 2-3 weeks.
    I did stage 3 in March 2015

Depending on your OOM you may have to wait a while to be called.

Do you mind me asking were you in band 2 in that case?

From reading other posts from stages 3/5 I would say if any of us pass we roll have a long edit to get to stage 3 or 4 or 5, one guy said he did His stage 2 in jan 2014, and didn't do stage 3 until March 2015!! So I wouldnt hold our breaths. Also the next batch is in October and the next batch is not until March of next year!! So hopefully When j get my results and hopefully I have passed but I don't think so..:( I'm going to put it to the back of my mind until I get a email..

Mark.. wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking were you in band 2 in that case?

I was in Band 1 (1 - 5000) but only the first 600 were called forward to Stage 3

From reading other posts from stages 3/5 I would say if any of us pass we roll have a long edit to get to stage 3 or 4 or 5, one guy said he did His stage 2 in jan 2014, and didn't do stage 3 until March 2015!! So I wouldnt hold our breaths. Also the next batch is in October and the next batch is not until March of next year!! So hopefully When j get my results and hopefully I have passed but I don't think so..:( I'm going to put it to the back of my mind until I get a email..

Who said the next class is in March ??

I called public jobs today and they said the results will be with us within a fortnight so hopefully that is the case and don't have too long to find out 😊

We are all enemies now so..

• Advertisement

It's on!!!

Advertisement