Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

thekopend wrote: »
    Fired it up just in time. I presume u will be getting an email soon with link to practise tests so that will answer your question

Didn't expect it at all. Got email from Public jobs saying I'm invited to stage 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

What band are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

What band are you?

I was top of band 2.

Ya that doesn't really matter anymore. Totally different aptitude tests. We will all be reorganised again based on this test. I know a fella he was number 4 in band 1 and didn't get into stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oreilly94

Ya that doesn't really matter anymore. Totally different aptitude tests. We will all be reorganised again based on this test. I know a fella he was number 4 in band 1 and didn't get into stage 2

Your right there. I'm in band 3 and got an email today for it

• Advertisement

Same as above.

Email just came through. From recollection i wasn't too far into Band 2.

I'm going to go through the process but I may refuse it in the end.

Just entering my honours degree this year and not sure if I want it based on previous pay rates for new recruits.. They were poor for what's a tough job.

Another negative was the potential location. Wouldn't be interested in Dublin for the pay and it was pointed out here at the time by others that "all recruits would be to Dub as ppl were waiting on transfers etc"....

Well the recruits were dished out last week and it was apparently an even spread country wide with Galway getting 5 and Mayo around the same so at least that was quashed as a theory.

Buddy I'm telling ya as a masters graduate that doesn't matter. I work in airport were u stand outside airplanes all day. If you get t take it it will lead to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Keno9407

I placed in the middle of band 2 but didn't recieve an E-mail???

Any ideas?

Did you check your public jobs page?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Keno9407

Did you check your public jobs page?

Aw there it is😠was worried ðŸ‘ðŸ»
    ThanksðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

It was actually a txt i got sorry not an email. I think you have to set pj account for txt alert thats prob why you got nothing. Well atleased the ball is rolling now. Competition for the top places shouldnt be as fierce as it was for band one with the ammount that wont bother doing it which is a bonus.

I reckon the first four thousand will go to stage 3. If recruitment goes ahead in 2017. That's why they are calling us all together to get rid of us and make room for the next groups

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

Hey guys. I've been reading the garda threads for a while now although I have never posted in them!
    I was surprised yesterday to get a text from PublicJobs telling me I got to Stage 2 (More aptitudes!), since I only came in Band 2, a friend was placed in Band 3 and didnt get an email/text even though I saw someone else in Band 3 did. I dunno. Anyway, how are we all feeling about it? Anyone else surprised by the message?

How ye finding the aptitude tests

Same as above.

Email just came through. From recollection i wasn't too far into Band 2.

I'm going to go through the process but I may refuse it in the end.

Just entering my honours degree this year and not sure if I want it based on previous pay rates for new recruits.. They were poor for what's a tough job.

Another negative was the potential location. Wouldn't be interested in Dublin for the pay and it was pointed out here at the time by others that "all recruits would be to Dub as ppl were waiting on transfers etc"....

Well the recruits were dished out last week and it was apparently an even spread country wide with Galway getting 5 and Mayo around the same so at least that was quashed as a theory.

Hey, just came across this when doing research and remembered your post, http://www.gra.cc/payscales.shtml , Im sure you've already seen it but if you go back to the Salary page you can different info about different allowances depending what unit youre in etc

thekopend wrote: »
    How ye finding the aptitude tests
    Just getting around to practicing them next week gonna do em for an hour or so a day I reckon, you?

Anyone have any ideas when Stage 3 would go ahead if you placed in the top of the current batch?
    "Candidates must qualify in both tests and those ranked highest will be invited in batches as required, to undertake the next stage of the selection process"

I know nobody knows but anyone care to guesstimate a ball park figure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

danbag1989 wrote: »
    Hey, just came across this when doing research and remembered your post, http://www.gra.cc/payscales.shtml , Im sure you've already seen it but if you go back to the Salary page you can different info about different allowances depending what unit youre in etc

Those rates are no longer correct....

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=12252

"Rates of Pay:

The pay of all public servants is determined by the Minister of Public Expenditure and Reform in consultation with relevant parties.

In addition, the Haddington Road Agreement provides for a review of the Garda Síochána including the remuneration and conditions of Service of An Garda Síochána. The rates of pay and allowances are therefore indicative and are therefore subject to change.

Garda Trainees will receive an allowance of €184 per week for the 32 weeks leading to attestation.

On appointment to the Service, a Probationer Garda will be paid €23,171 rising by increments to a maximum of €45,793 per annum after 19 years (October 2013 rates). Members of the Service may also qualify for other allowances. "

Those rates are no longer correct....

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=12252

"Rates of Pay:

The pay of all public servants is determined by the Minister of Public Expenditure and Reform in consultation with relevant parties.

In addition, the Haddington Road Agreement provides for a review of the Garda Síochána including the remuneration and conditions of Service of An Garda Síochána. The rates of pay and allowances are therefore indicative and are therefore subject to change.

Garda Trainees will receive an allowance of €184 per week for the 32 weeks leading to attestation.

On appointment to the Service, a Probationer Garda will be paid €23,171 rising by increments to a maximum of €45,793 per annum after 19 years (October 2013 rates). Members of the Service may also qualify for other allowances. "

OK cheers for that

Lads can we focus on the aptitude test please and worry bout the pay afterwords. If we don't pass this we may as we'll forget about it. The aptitude tests are different to stage 1 and i can't speak for anyone else but I am struggling. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Advertisement

Lads can we focus on the aptitude test please and worry bout the pay afterwords. If we don't pass this we may as we'll forget about it. The aptitude tests are different to stage 1 and i can't speak for anyone else but I am struggling. Anyone else in the same boat?

Well maybe you should consider a day course or something if you are struggling that bad

Ya I'm looking into it. Few calls to make tomorrow..getting the hang of them thou... I'd get the careers services home study pack. There's good stuff I it.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

How long before this group will actually have people in Templemore training?

mycro89 wrote: »
    How long before this group will actually have people in Templemore training?

No idea, would like to know but theres going to be no way of knowing for sure really :/

lets worry bout passing stage 2 first shall we....

lets worry bout passing stage 2 first shall we....

What do you expect us to talk about. There is no way to help each other pass an aptitude. Its not like we are going to post up answers or something its eveyone for themselves. All we can do at this stage is chat and give opinions and ask questions about the process or the job and thats what people are doing.

Anyone thinking of doing a course

Doing one saturday

Doing one saturday

What kind of money? And where if you dont mind me asking

• Advertisement

130 private guy who's local

Advertisement