Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I'm devastated, just missed the top 600. Maybe they will call on us but they only need 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

For everyone in the 601 to 3200 bracket; did all of ye're emails refer to ye as 'stage 2 band 1'?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

Yes why.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

Archer3083 wrote: »
    What band are you in Kaffy, seemingly, there are 3 new bands for those who scored 601-3100. Did it say in your msg on pjs?

No it doesn't mention any bands -
    Just top 600
    Then 601 -3100
    And those who didn't qualify :(

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

tod1577 wrote: »
    Yes why.
    But what number were you? He's asking if they split the group of 601-3100 into bands. There's no point in me answering cos I'm 690.

• Advertisement

tod1577 wrote: »
    Yes why.

Just seeing whether or not those who hit higher/lower, but still passed, are in bands like in stage 1...

i was in the small 800's..

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Congrats to everyone who passed, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

i was in the small 800's..
    You did very well OscarWhiskey, still a great chance down the line with the GR experience behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Flynners89

thekopend wrote: »
    Everyone from 601 to 3100 needs to relax, of course ye will be called. Not a chance will 300 people be got out of 600 after the next stages. They are only breaking it up into manageable amount because it's centres from now on, if ye passed at all ye should be happy!

Hey mate just wanna say your post has cheered me right up. I placed 840 and have basically been thinkin I was done and that was it. But your positive post has given me and probably a lot of others outside of the 600 hope. Thank you .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Flynners89 wrote: »
    Hey mate just wanna say your post has cheered me right up. I placed 840 and have basically been thinkin I was done and that was it. But your positive post has given me and probably a lot of others outside of the 600 hope. Thank you .

theres no way in hell we in the top 600 will be guaranteed a job

everyone on that panel will get a shot at the title down the road

the top 1000 will be in stage 3 this year, I am sure of it!!

keep positive lads - it will all come together

• Registered Users Posts: 48 stargazer9

want2b wrote: »
    Got 800 in logical and just under 350 in verbal.

Your scores are almost the reverse of mine. I got 800 in verbal and just under 350 in logical. It's very frustrating to be so close, I'd rather have failed by a good fat margin!!
    I'm also disappointed in myself as I feel my bad score in logical is mostly due to poor time management on my part. I dilly dallied far too long on a couple of questions which caused me to run out of time.
    It's such a smack in the head to be kicked out at this point.
    I did well in stage 1 (placed in the 300s) so this downward slide is rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

Stage 3 baby!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ruserious

Went from the top 100 after round 1 to just over 2,000 in round 2. Passed so happy I guess and gives me a chance to work on my fitness and explore the world over the next 3 years if I ever will get a call back. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Scouser wrote: »
    theres no way in hell we in the top 600 will be guaranteed a job

everyone on that panel will get a shot at the title down the road

the top 1000 will be in stage 3 this year, I am sure of it!!

keep positive lads - it will all come together

And the bands 2 and 3 from stage one? What about them in your opinion ??

mycro89 wrote: »
    And the bands 2 and 3 from stage one? What about them in your opinion ??

way down the line

everyone is still in the mix

but its the top 600 who march on immediately, the next 3k then have the next shot at the job and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

stargazer9 wrote: »
    Your scores are almost the reverse of mine. I got 800 in verbal and just under 350 in logical. It's very frustrating to be so close, I'd rather have failed by a good fat margin!!
    I'm also disappointed in myself as I feel my bad score in logical is mostly due to poor time management on my part. I dilly dallied far too long on a couple of questions which caused me to run out of time.

That's tought and us in band 2 still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 stargazer9

That's tought and us in band 2 still in.
    Tis a bit of a balls alright! I'd love it if stage 2 fails could just drop back to band 2/3 from stage 1. Wishful thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 limk2014

I scored in the high 700's. Does anybody know if I actually have a realistic chance of getting a shout for the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

limk2014 wrote: »
    I scored in the high 700's. Does anybody know if I actually have a realistic chance of getting a shout for the next stage?

Nobody know I'm in stage 1 band 2, we went through this for weeks just forget it you be called in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

stargazer9 wrote: »

Its strange the way the scores change through the stages, I ranked pretty good in stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ftm

Congratulations to everyone who made it through. You all obviously deserve it.

Not trying to take away but does anyone else think its mad to cut the numbers from 25,000 to 600 based on online assessments??

I understand that in stage 1 there was the personality thing and questions relating to being part of the gardai. Surely this should be focused on a bit more too?

I'm very hapoy with where I placed. Yes I'm disappointed but it's probably not the right time for me. (Still expecting a baby a week overdue) and I do hope I get another chance. I just wish they'd explain the recruitment process a bit more. Logic behind it etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

It's a ruthless way of doing it but its all about saving money for them. They will get 900 Gardai out of the 3100 that's left.

ftm wrote: »
    Not trying to take away but does anyone else think its mad to cut the numbers from 25,000 to 600 based on online assessments??

thats an inaccurate statement

the numbers have been cut from 25k to 12k

then the top 5k brought through

3k were 'live' in the process up until today where 600 have been brought through with the other 2.4k awaiting further instruction

it is far from over for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

It's a tough old job in fairness. It requires a particular set of skills, which only a rare few possess I suppose!

Scouser wrote: »
    thats an inaccurate statement

the numbers have been cut from 25k to 12k

then the top 5k brought through

3k were 'live' in the process up until today where 600 have been brought through with the other 2.4k awaiting further instruction

it is far from over for everyone

Your having a laugh saying that you think there are still 12k left in the competition, wishful thinking

thestar wrote: »
    Your having a laugh saying that you think there are still 12k left in the competition, wishful thinking

officially there still is

what happens to them/there chances of being called can only be left to speculation........

Officially ya but you know deep down that they will get 900 Gardai from the 3100 that's left

thestar wrote: »
    Officially ya but you know deep down that they will get 900 Gardai from the 3100 that's left

i do

• Advertisement

I'm in the same boat as you, its just the sad reality of the situation at the moment.

Advertisement