Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Can anybody tell me how many questions we had to do in each section of stage 2 and how long we had to complete each? Thanks
    Did you not do them? We were told before we sat the tests how many question and what time we'd have, so it's all in the information you got

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭LadyLucinda

Archer3083 wrote: »
    Did you not do them? We were told before we sat the tests how many question and what time we'd have, so it's all in the information you got

Ya I did them and and now preparing for stage 3. So can you answer my question?

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

[HTML][/HTML]
    Ya I did them and and now preparing for stage 3. So can you answer my question?

Bit of a snotty tone there . Perhaps a more polite request would get a response

Please and Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Can anybody tell me how many questions we had to do in each section of stage 2 and how long we had to complete each? Thanks

Can you not figure that out for yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

We had 30 Qs in verbal reasoning to do in 17 mins & 24 Qs in inductive reasoning, with 25 mins for those!

Zadie10 wrote: »
    We had 30 Qs in verbal reasoning to do in 17 mins & 24 Qs in inductive reasoning, with 25 mins for those!

Thanks very much Zadie, glad to see its not just all children on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Thanks very much Zadie, glad to see its not just all children on here.
    What's your problem. If you can't be arsed looking up the information yourself, then why should any of the rest of us go to the trouble of reading through the information again, and then replying to you. I told you where to find it. Grow up, show some initiative and don't be so flipping lazy. You could be a guard one day. It would be nice to know that you might make a slight effort to do things for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

The poster asked a question and has gotten his/her answer, move on please

Please do not reply to this post, if you have any issues PM me or another mod. If you have issue with a post, please use the report post function

-KERSPLAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

In general, separate to the question that just got answered, the amount of people who don't seem to be able to garner information from the emails and familiarisation documents is quite worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

In general, separate to the question that just got answered, the amount of people who don't seem to be able to garner information from the emails and familiarisation documents is quite worrying.

Mixture of laziness and lack of interest imo

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

Chem Lord wrote: »
    Mixture of laziness and lack of interest imo

They will be found out in the interview stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fallen96

After stage two I placed in the 2,700 mark In your opinions do you think I will be called or should I cut my loses and move on :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

Fallen96 wrote: »
    After stage two I placed in the 2,700 mark In your opinions do you think I will be called or should I cut my loses and move on :/
    You've every hope of being called in the three year time frame. No need to cut your losses but carry on with your life until you hear anything.

They will be found out in the interview stage!

One would hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Raider190 wrote: »

Bit of a snotty tone there . Perhaps a more polite request would get a response

Sure there's always next time raider :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

So what kinda numbers outta this 600 will get a job......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

rocky911 wrote: »

Nobody knows, no less than 150 initially IMO if they want to fill up the first class by July.

Rothmans wrote: »
    Nobody knows, no less than 150 initially IMO if they want to fill up the first class by July.

Hardly take 300 from it ??? and then use band 2 for next year??

Depends how fit physically those 600 are I guess!

• Advertisement

sopretty wrote: »
    Depends how fit physically those 600 are I guess!

haha true..big difference with running in the beep test and running with the vest, radio bouncing and the steel capped boots on, :D

haha true..big difference with running in the beep test and running with the vest, radio bouncing and the steel capped boots on, :D

With the fear of God in ya as to who you'll find or what you'll find if you do catch up with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

sopretty wrote: »
    With the fear of God in ya as to who you'll find or what you'll find if you do catch up with them!

pft thats why we have helcioptors lads!

:cool:

Scouser wrote: »
    pft thats why we have helcioptors lads!

:cool:

You'd be quicker on your feet boy in the back end of Ballygobackwards than relying on them auld helicopters.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

Rothmans wrote: »

How many to fill a class? 150 ?100?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

Got called for the assessment centre on the 26th of March, trying to put it off until the following week if possible...Anyone know who I contact on this or if the assessment centre is taking place on the week begining the 31st of March???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

TooLate wrote: »
    Got called for the assessment centre on the 26th of March, trying to put it off until the following week if possible...Anyone know who I contact on this or if the assessment centre is taking place on the week begining the 31st of March???

Best call them (PAS) and see but I think that there was a poster in the stage 3 thread who said they already tried this and that PAS would not accommodate them. Have a look back through the thread also.

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

TooLate wrote: »

Don't do it man move heaven and earth to get there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Sorry to fire up this thread again even thou i havent been called. Just wondering did the aptitude tests for stage 2 change in any way shape of form from the stage 1 tests. Cause everyone from band 1 has been called my band is next. Getting as much study in now as humanily possible....thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Sorry to fire up this thread again even thou i havent been called. Just wondering did the aptitude tests for stage 2 change in any way shape of form from the stage 1 tests. Cause everyone from band 1 has been called my band is next. Getting as much study in now as humanily possible....thanks

Fired it up just in time. I presume u will be getting an email soon with link to practise tests so that will answer your question

Advertisement