Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

thestar wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you, its just the sad reality of the situation at the moment.

your in the top 600?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

No I am not, are u?

No I am not, are u?

sure am :D

Oh I thought by the way you were arguing that you weren't, good luck with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Officially ya but you know deep down that they will get 900 Gardai from the 3100 that's left

Is some body jealous of bands 2 and 3 now?

• Advertisement

Oh I thought by the way you were arguing that you weren't, good luck with it!!

cheers!

where did you come?

Failed the verbal, don't ask me how but I did

Failed the verbal, don't ask me how but I did

so are u out altogether!?

Ya I'm gone, I'm not trying to sound bitter, just being realistic. Anyway time to unfollow a few threads here. good luck to everybody and I genuinely mean that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

Who ever says they get 900 from the remain 3100 is having a laugh, your saying 1/3.5 are suitable this early on NO CHANCE. Just like 5000 who progress from stage 1 2000 got cut easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

This May be a stupid question,

But is there. A timeline on all these bands etc?

Ie can they go out of date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

Next 3 years they will be used. If your not called then it out of date, but if your still in you get another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Canyon86 wrote: »
    This May be a stupid question,

But is there. A timeline on all these bands etc?

Ie can they go out of date ?

As far as I know a "panel" must be active for 12 months. After that ive no idea! Where were you placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

ruserious wrote: »
    Went from the top 100 after round 1 to just over 2,000 in round 2. Passed so happy I guess and gives me a chance to work on my fitness and explore the world over the next 3 years if I ever will get a call back. Be grand.
    something similar happened to me. I went from 4263 up to 690, but still not successful either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Archer3083 wrote: »
    something similar happened to me. I went from 4263 up to 690, but still not successful either :(

went from 2418 to 290..found stage 2 a lot easier to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Got through thank god! The road is far from over and anyone who hasn't failed is still in a great position long term just a little more patience required unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

I'm in the top 25!! Shocked considering I placed 3000+ after stage one. 100% in the inductive and 96% in the verbal. :D

Hard luck to those that didn't make it. I'm counting my lucky stars tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

I'm in the top 25!! Shocked considering I placed 3000+ after stage one. 100% in the inductive and 96% in the verbal. :D

Hard luck to those that didn't make it. I'm counting my lucky stars tonight.

Well done congratulations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 miseenplace

a bit confused, placed 1544, nailed inductive reasoning, fell down on verbal (me fail english? that's unpossible), yet i found a guy on another forum that said he got an email from PAS saying he got the same placement number, either he was mistaken or am i missing something???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

If you both got the exact same score you'll be tied in the same position. I'm not the only one in 25th place!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 miseenplace

If you both got the exact same score you'll be tied in the same position. I'm not the only one in 25th place!

ah, i did miss something so! looks like i won't be making detective anytime soon!!!

a bit confused, placed 1544, nailed inductive reasoning, fell down on verbal (me fail english? that's unpossible), yet i found a guy on another forum that said he got an email from PAS saying he got the same placement number, either he was mistaken or am i missing something???

There are a few things that don't make sense to me either, a friend of mine got 799 in the shapes? How is this possible

I suppose it is possible that ye tied on the same score. It happens in sport all the time. In that case, lets say 2 of ye tied on the same score, which means ye both are in 1544 position. The next person below both of ye will be in position 1546. In theory no 1545 position exists. And if they need to separate 2 people that are tied then it's a case of drawing lots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Archer3083 wrote: »
    I suppose it is possible that ye tied on the same score. It happens in sport all the time. In that case, lets say 2 of ye tied on the same score, which means ye both are in 1544 position. The next person below both of ye will be in position 1546. In theory no 1545 position exists. And if they need to separate 2 people that are tied then it's a case of drawing lots.

I imagine it be like golf and go on a count back, just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ftm

If you passed stage 2? But not in the top 600 And they recruit next year could you be in with a chance? I placed alot better than I thought I would be not high enough!!

Sorry this has probably been answered.

Was a bit disappointed yesterday but realised this probably wasn't the right time for me. My baby was due last week and still hasnt shown. So if i did get through and had to go into the assessment centre I wouldn't of been able to go. I really hope there is more recruitment because want to be a part of the gardai is the only thing I've wanted since i was younger that I haven't changed my mind on!!!

Well done to everyone who got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ftm

sopretty wrote: »
    It's a tough old job in fairness. It requires a particular set of skills, which only a rare few possess I suppose!

Its very tough. But I really don't think that them skills can be assessed by online aptitude tests. I'm sure theres loads in the people who have been cut who.would make fantastic gardai and people in the top who are incredibly intelligent but perhaps would not suit the job. Its a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

ftm wrote: »
    Its very tough. But I really don't think that them skills can be assessed by online aptitude tests. I'm sure theres loads in the people who have been cut who.would make fantastic gardai and people in the top who are incredibly intelligent but perhaps would not suit the job. Its a shame.

I suppose, once you meet the basic 'pass' criteria, technically, you should be able to progress through the various other tests, but realistically, they probably don't have the resources to do this.
    It's interesting to notice from the results posted here anyway, that people seem to lean more towards either verbal ability or logical ability. Not many results posted are equal in both tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Yeah, definitely possible, but we live in the real world and there is no way in fandango they could have brought 25,000 people up to Chapter House, just couldn't happen. They had to have some system to cut the numbers and I would proffer that having verbal understanding competence and a good level of inductive/logical reasoning are very important traits for modern Garda. It's not as if those people that passed have a free ride now. We still have to prove our suitability a few more times from here on in.

If you passed stage 2? But not in the top 600 And they recruit next year could you be in with a chance? I placed alot better than I thought I would be not high enough!!

Sorry this has probably been answered.

Was a bit disappointed yesterday but realised this probably wasn't the right time for me. My baby was due last week and still hasnt shown. So if i did get through and had to go into the assessment centre I wouldn't of been able to go. I really hope there is more recruitment because want to be a part of the gardai is the only thing I've wanted since i was younger that I haven't changed my mind on!!!

Well done to everyone who got through.
    Don't get too down. Nobody knows what is going to happen next. All we know is that 600 people are going to do Stage 3 over the 2 weeks from March 18th to start of April. Maybe they'll call in anther 600 for another 2 weeks after that again and so on and so on. Not all is lost yet. If you passed both tests and you're in the group 601-3100 then you're still in with a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭LadyLucinda

Can anybody tell me how many questions we had to do in each section of stage 2 and how long we had to complete each? Thanks

Advertisement