Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia v South Africa Test series

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

south africa
    Great game, had a bit of everything in it: wonderful batting, fast fast bowling, some great catches and stubborn defence. But cometh the hour, cometh the man etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

David Warner MotM and of the series. No real arguments from me. He is a joy to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Gonna go out on a limb here and say this one is gonna be a draw

Gotta love some spot jinxing :)

Delighted with that, Harris again showing his class, gonna be a huge loss if he doesnt come back from the surgery.......

To beat the best in their own backyard is something to be very proud of, staking a real claim to be the number 1 Test nation again, been a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

Amazing finish to the series today. As someone who's only really starting following cricket since the 2011 world cup I've been been mostly following the sport through limited overs games, love the IPL, big bash, whatever ODI'S Sky Sports has.... but that last session today was fantastic viewing. It seemed like the South Africans were gonna pull out a scarcely believable draw until Harris brought out two perfect deliveries. Great scenes at the end! Such a pity it isn't a 5 match series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

You just don't get that in ODI or T20 cricket. It's been a good winter for test cricket culminating in a great finish today. Cricket's been turned on its head this winter, great teams dismantled with retirements and other stuff. Thanks a lot, Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jonny_Darcy

Great win for Australia, fair play to Ryan Harris - I thought after the Ashes the English batsman had made him look better than he is but I was wrong on it. Really good bowler, a very enjoyable series for the neutral

Harris problem has been his body always breaking down, he is one hell of a bowler, on ability I have him right up there with Steyn. Steyn and his unbelievable fitness and consistency are a thing of wonder though. Hopefully Rhyno comes through his next surgery and can stay effective, at his age though you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

south africa
    As I said before its a great shame his body can't handle all formats as he was an absolute gun in ODI cricket and will nearly certainly miss out on the World Cup in his home country next year:(

Not really sure where the best place is to put this, no need for a new thread for it like. Ryan Harris has said the operation went well and his knee feels like a new one, thats positive and hopefully he will be able to make a full recovery

Edit: just to add, they predict he will be out for about 7 months, he is hoping to be back for Pakistan and still be around for the next Ashes

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bad news for England here it looks like

• Advertisement
Advertisement