Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolve - 4v1 from the makers of L4D (multi format)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wow he nearly had you there. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Did keno or wolverine get this...was trying to call them out on psn earlier :P

I was thinking of picking it up for the weekend if ur around

*edit* should have said what's your first opinions on the game??

Im thinking of picking it up today - did you get it Mick? Do a few have it from our TLOU lot Tim?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Axwell wrote: »
    Im thinking of picking it up today - did you get it Mick? Do a few have it from our TLOU lot Tim?

Not that I know of.

Grayditch has it and a friend of mine has it. I think 1 other person I know may have it but that's it.

And I haven't noticed anyone on my friends list who plays it.

Did either of ye pick it up?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Both of us - just gone through the tutorials there myself.

• Advertisement

You guys all on ps4 I take it? How does it run performance wise. It seems to have a solid frame rate from the videos but with youtube you never can really tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What's kraken,lads!

hqdefault.jpg

Kirby wrote: »
    You guys all on ps4 I take it? How does it run performance wise. It seems to have a solid frame rate from the videos but with youtube you never can really tell.

Haven't noticed any dips myself.

Unlocked bucket and 2 game was enough to know I like him a lot.

Had a few ropey games, as the medic, or getting used to Griffin, the new trapper, but some of those games last night were class.

http://m.ie.ign.com/videos/2015/02/14/evolve-review-discussion

Interesting discussion on it here, from IGN. They're basically unsure of its longevity, but agree it's unlock/upgrade system is hampering it and putting players off.

• Advertisement

I'm still unsure on how I feel about it.
    Although only played in on the Friday night with the group and some of the games were enjoyable, except for some obvious balancing issues.
    Main one being that if I keep running away from the hunters I managed to evolve to level 3. Trapper is crucial to the squad if they are going to make a good attempt at killing the main creature.
    Also alot of the objectives were kind of similar.
    I'm going to give it a good run this week prior to The Order's release and make a decision weather to keep it or flog it Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Over 40 people on my ps4 friends list haven't seen anyone playing this, unusual guess the dlc lark put ppl off.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Over 40 people on my ps4 friends list haven't seen anyone playing this, unusual guess the dlc lark put ppl off.

Well the optimist in me hopes that publishers will learn from this and reign in the DLC bullsh*t but the realist in me knows it wont happen.

It's the game developers and designers I feel sorry for because their game has been hindered by the money men. And that's got to feel bad after working so hard on a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yea hopefully even on my steam list which is significantly smaller no one has it, refused to buy it myself just not going to give a triple a price for a dlc hub game. Im sure its great it's actually some thing i would love to play but its one of those rare occasions where i put my money where my mouth is.

Good video from Total Biscuit on the issues Evolve has faced from a PR perspective.

Still enjoying, despite my own prediction that I wouldn't be still playing this by now.

I'm back and will probably be on tonight.

Grand. I've the 3rd trapper unlocked. Just getting the hang of him.

Cool.

Unfortunately I'm going to leave it tonight as I'm not feeling great. Hopefully tomorrow night.

2 free maps coming at the end of March for Xbox and PC and the end of April for PS4. Won't hear anyone complain about that. :)

Anyway I've only had a few games here and there. I still love playing the game but you can tell either the matchmaking is terrible or there aren't that many people playing the game anymore.

I'd say it's a bit of both but more so the latter.

Edit: Actually It's just Xbox in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

So how is it doing actually? Thought it's going to fail, after trying it during beta.

I really like the game but as I said it doesn't look like it's a particularly popular game anymore.

Which isn't a huge surprise.

Ive been too busy to even turn on the console much the past month, but I might have a few games on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

This game is already dead.

Let this be a lesson to dev's and publishers - these models are not what consumers want. And they've paid dearly for their mistakes. Rot in hell.

Dayum wrote: »
    And they've paid dearly for their mistakes. Rot in hell.

Imagine writing that. Even on the internet.

Dayum wrote: »
    This game is already dead.

Let this be a lesson to dev's and publishers - these models are not what consumers want. And they've paid dearly for their mistakes. Rot in hell.

The sad thing about this is that not only is that true but that their DLC policy is a far better idea yet consumers were moaning about skins and characters.

Enjoy paying for broken communities I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

tok9 wrote: »
    The sad thing about this is that not only is that true but that their DLC policy is a far better idea yet consumers were moaning about skins and characters.

Enjoy paying for broken communities I guess.
    DLC has nothing to do why i didn't buy.

Played the alpha - which means i pretty much played the entire game....

I do think it should have been a cheaper game, but there is more to it than meets the eye. Different hunters matched with different monsters can really diversify the hunt each time. Saying that, I wasn't a fan of the other modes. They could have been worked on and more difference in map shape.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    DLC has nothing to do why i didn't buy.

Played the alpha - which means i pretty much played the entire game....

That's fine. I didn't say it did regarding anyone.

I'm just stating the DLC practice they have gone with is no worse (imo it's much better) than any other game out there.

Also just regarding what you said, it just sounds silly. If there was an alpha of any other game and you wanted to buy it. Would you then not buy it because you'd already played the "entire game"? :confused:

Saying you didn't buy it because you didn't enjoy the alpha or you didn't think it was worth the full price are fine. They make sense.

• Advertisement

8GB update for the PS4 today. I'm assuming it's for the maps and dlc content.

Surely it has some balancing and matchmaking fixes too.

Haven't had much time to play it but I'd definitely like to play it again.. hopefully at the weekend.

Advertisement