Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolve - 4v1 from the makers of L4D (multi format)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

pre-loading evolve now
    23gb :( 3mb connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I already posted this in the PC Gaming forum, but might as well post it here too, just in case... Basically my PC can't run the game, so if anyone needs a beta code, let me know and I'll send it via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just trying to get my head around the DLC and pre-order bonuses and it's an absolute mess. It's like they're using a free-to-play sales model on a full-price game. I've been playing a fair bit of Nosgoth on PC recently - a true free to play game - and they way they're going to sell the hunters and monsters is almost identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've tried entering the code on my PS4 console and on a web browser and i'm getting an it's invalid message. Anyone else?

Edit: Never mind, I have to wait till tomorrow on Playstation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Any spare PS4 codes going? Only got the console for Christmas so missed out on the earlier beta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The whole DLC thin has put me right back on the fence for this.

If I buy a game on release day can I just get all of the game? Not just bits of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

played 3 games of it tonight, then got bored
    guess I won't be picking it up until its price goes down.

Was really looking forward to this but its far to unbalanced
    Either the hunters are brilliant and the player playing the monster sucks
    or the monster is brilliant and advances to stage 3 fast and destroys players who are not playing together (the way the game is suppose to be played)

So I guess it really needs to be played with friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Assumed I could use the previous download of Evolve I had during the alpha since the code I got didn't work when I used it at first.

But tried it again today and now it's working. So if anyone has the beta code, best use it now as it's a 20GB download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone playing this on PC?

• Advertisement

Well I'm finished for tonight anyway. Had a lot of fun with the game but I'm not sure if I'll actually pick it up.

I was playing with randomers all night. As the monster that's fine but with the 4 (as has been said by everyone) you really need that bit of communication to play properly.

I had a load of fun playing as the monster as you're constantly doing something. Hunting for food, leveling up and doing your best to avoid and get ready to attack the hunters.

I still had fun with the hunters despite the lack of teamwork most of the night. That said you really need a decent trapper otherwise you might end up going in circles for ages without finding the monster.

So in that sense, it's more entertaining to play as the monster.

However I will say I can imagine this game being great fun with a full team. Unfortuntely I just don't think most of the lads I know will be picking it up so I'm not so sure if I'll purchase.

Just one last note on something cool. When you finish a game, it shows a map after and where all the players went around the map and when they died etc. It's pretty cool imo.

Going to hop on PS4 again if anyone is around.

Streaming if anyone wants to watch too. Link in signature

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Its a good game, im looking forward to seeing what other modes they have.

As anyone fought the Wraith monster yet? He's a hard s.o.b to take down.

No I've only fought the goliath. I must just caause a tiny bit more damage to unlock the kraken

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Anyone know where a ps4 key can be found?

Also in relation to people not having enough people to play with as hunters when the game releases, I'm sure there'll be a decent boards community here.

Also in relation to people not having enough people to play with as hunters when the game releases, I'm sure there'll be a decent boards community here.

This would be my main worry - I'm only really getting back into gaming after a few years break, and my former gang/clan have more or less lost interest. If there's a good enough sized boards group playing on my format (PC), I'll probably buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Any word on when the beta ends? Wanna check it out but won't get a chance until tomorrow.

I hope so as the more I play the more I'm enjoying it.

Benzino wrote: »
    Any word on when the beta ends? Wanna check it out but won't get a chance until tomorrow.

I think it finishes at 4am Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

tok9 wrote: »
    I think it finishes at 4am Monday.

Ah shoot!

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Ah shoot!

Actually I might be wrong.. it could be 4am Tuesday. That's what I found regarding the Xbox beta so it might run on the same as the ps4 version.
    Servers were switched on today at 9 AM PDT / 12 Noon EDT, so the game should be playable right now. The beta is scheduled to run through January 19. Servers will be officially switched off on that day at 8 PM PDT / 11 PM EDT.

Got to play one game as the Kraken.

Definitely more of a mid range monster. The goliath is all about getting up close while the Kraken is able to perform lightening strikes and leave mines.

Both are a lot of fun. I'll definitely be on it again before the beta ends tonight.

My code still never worked for the Beta, sickener, the verdict doesn't look too good though

Just about to start up another game. I actually really like it. Just wish a few more Boardsies were on to play with.

Love this new trailer for Evolve.

So are there many getting it for PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Advertisement budget for this must be decent. I've seen ads on TV for this which surprised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Kirby wrote: »
    Advertisement budget for this must be decent. I've seen ads on TV for this which surprised me.

Pity I got no interest with the game, having played L4D2 that I quickly grew bored of with how repetitive is it... I probably won't be missing out much.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think the general reaction of "GTFO" with all this DLC has come back to bite(!) them in the ass, I see little more than apathy towards this game as a result because people are remembering that they didn't actually like L4D as much as they thought they did :)

I'm not sorry, shoddy anti-consumer practices need to be treated with the contempt they deserve and companies that engage in such activities need to go the way of the dodo.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I think the general reaction of "GTFO" with all this DLC has come back to bite(!) them in the ass

Agreed, was gonna pick this up for the MP lolz, now it's in the "wait till the GoTY" version at which point all hype will be gone and it'll have had some patches, big fail overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I was quite interested in this game ages ago but all this DLC being thrown about like candy quickly turned me off it.

I might visit it at another point but it'll be well down the line.

Advertisement