Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think the games are particularly hard, but play on hard difficulty or NG+/I am the Night mode - you couldn't last long mashing one button.

I've done that with all the Arkham games so far and was upset that the indicators still appear on Hard mode in AC until at least one playthrough. It's still way too easy and yes you won't WIN by mashing one button unless you're a fan of cheesing em' out for an hour but you can still survive with button mashing. There's really no depth to the enemies and I honestly don't know why they even have that attack indicator like a spider sense... the enemies are not exactly hard to predict the game almost slows their animation as they come in and most enemies don't do more than one hit. Seriously, who throws ONE punch? They should occasionally or randomly throw their second fist at you, or try knee or headbutt or something after you block or grab their arm/fist, and then maybe have some mechanism where you have to strategically do it again for whatever their next attack is. Kinda like the martial arts dudes from AO but done MUCH better and with more variety of course.

From what we know from the previous games they'll keep adding in more weapons to make it seem like there's any kind of depth to the combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've done that with all the Arkham games so far and was upset that the indicators still appear on Hard mode in AC until at least one playthrough. It's still way too easy and yes you won't WIN by mashing one button unless you're a fan of cheesing em' out for an hour but you can still survive with button mashing. There's really no depth to the enemies and I honestly don't know why they even have that attack indicator like a spider sense... the enemies are not exactly hard to predict the game almost slows their animation as they come in and most enemies don't do more than one hit. Seriously, who throws ONE punch? They should occasionally or randomly throw their second fist at you, or try knee or headbutt or something after you block or grab their arm/fist, and then maybe have some mechanism where you have to strategically do it again for whatever their next attack is. Kinda like the martial arts dudes from AO but done MUCH better and with more variety of course.

From what we know from the previous games they'll keep adding in more weapons to make it seem like there's any kind of depth to the combat.

Fair point, but this isn't mortal combat, it's a batman game.
    I think that since the combat is only one element of the game, they did a good job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

Never mind all this talk of the game - who is the Arkham Knight? Theories please!

• Advertisement

Corvo wrote: »
    Never mind all this talk of the game - who is the Arkham Knight? Theories please!

Thought we were going with
    Jason Todd
    , no?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thought we were going with
    Jason Todd
    , no?

Yupp either him or
    Hush
    . Hoping it's
    Todd
    though

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp either him or
    Hush
    . Hoping it's
    Todd
    though

Been quite some time since I indulged in the comics -
    but whatever became of Todd in them? Was he not killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah,
    he was killed by the Joker in 'A Death in the Family' story.. reintroduced in the Hush storyline and then comes back as the Red Hood (I think?!)

Confusing myself thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah,
    he was killed by the Joker in 'A Death in the Family' story.. reintroduced in the Hush storyline and then comes back as the Red Hood (I think?!)

Confusing myself thinking about it.

And then he was one of the
    many Batman imposters when Bruce Wayne was killed.

He became the Red Hood again when Dick Grayson became Batman and Damien Wayne became Robin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Want.

That looks absolutely brilliant!

• gizmo wrote: »

Want.

Wow, jaw dropping stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ohhhh.... Gameplay footage you say? :)

*ding ding ding*

Roll up, roll up as we begin the "Can It Live Up To The Hype?" Game :pac:

*Klaxon sound effect, studio audience clapping*

I'm going to say NO it won't, it'll still be a decent game, great even, maybe the best of the 4, but the Hype train will have it's wicked way. Over a barrel the franchise will be put :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

inserts money into cdrom.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ohhhh.... Gameplay footage you say? :)

*ding ding ding*

Roll up, roll up as we begin the "Can It Live Up To The Hype?" Game :pac:

*Klaxon sound effect, studio audience clapping*

I'm going to say NO it won't, it'll still be a decent game, great even, maybe the best of the 4, but the Hype train will have it's wicked way. Over a barrel the franchise will be put :pac:

Please mind the gap. Please mind the gap.

ALLLLL ABOOOAAAAAAARRRDDDD!

CHOO CHOOOOOOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

There is absoultely no words I can say other than OMGTHISSH!TBLOWSMYFCUKINGBATSASSAWAY

Look at this !!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Trailer is very good, but did Kevin Conroy seem like he finally got fed up voicing Batman to anyone else.
    They were just bland reads to me. Especially 1:57 - 2:10

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Trailer is very good, but did Kevin Conroy seem like he finally got fed up voicing Batman to anyone else.
    They were just bland reads to me. Especially 1:57 - 2:10

+1 hopefully not final material

Didn't really like the vehicle sections, especially the larger tank type vehicle

• Advertisement

Could probably Conroy giving an older, more worn out performance as I'd say Bats is fairly sick of guys in costumes threatening the city and it's always down to him to save yet taxpayers money going straight to the cops who still give him the evils every now and again.

Didn't really like the vehicle sections, especially the larger tank type vehicle

It's definitely painting a different picture to the cinematic trailer we saw

Robbed the driving mechanics right out of Destiny they did! :mad::rolleyes::confused::pac::o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Could probably Conroy giving an older, more worn out performance as I'd say Bats is fairly sick of guys in costumes threatening the city and it's always down to him to save yet taxpayers money going straight to the cops who still give him the evils every now and again.

I thought he sounded like a younger Batman.

And he looks a lot younger too compared to City.

I'd prefer if he looked and sounded like an older/wiser Batman.

Regarding the trailer, it certainly looks good, but I'm not going to leap aboard the hype train just yet, I do not like the look of the tank battle bits at all, the game in general looks like more of the same gameplay wise (not a bad thing), but with glorious graphics this time.

EDIT, just realised I preordered this ages ago at that low price on Amazon, so much about not hyping it

It's definitely painting a different picture to the cinematic trailer we saw
    Robbed the driving mechanics right out of Destiny they did! :mad::rolleyes::confused::pac::o

Just not something I want to associate with a Batman game, despite the iconic car. I know they have to introduce something to keep it fresh, but it looks like a totally different game there sliding from side to side and firing at these robots in some bulky tank. Ugh. Hope it's not a standout feature.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    EDIT, just realised I preordered this ages ago at that low price on Amazon, so much about not hyping it

Same here, £37 with pre order DLC ain't bad

I would have pre-ordered it too but I know deep down that it'll be more of the same.
    This was the case with AC and that's fine for a sequel. But with the third part it gets tiring and AO felt very tired.

Now what we're seeing is new graphics, and vehicular sections that may be little more than linear qte button pressing sections.

Like I said, for the second episode that's fine.
    For the third it gets tiring.
    For the fourth....?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Same here, £37 with pre order DLC ain't bad

There's DLC already? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

There's DLC already? :confused:

You can play as Harley Quinn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm pretty sure Destiny used that from other games too.
    The ability to slide to the side is nowhere near an original concept....but as with others, I have no real interest in the batmobile.
    It's not needed as a mode of transport as we've been flying across Arkham in no time for the last few games

Advertisement