Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've never played any of these Batman titles of the last few years and have a PS4 and Vita. What would be the best game for me to get to start the series on those systems?

I'd say most would agree that Chronologically isn't the best as the prequel is pretty weak. Start with Asylum (which was free with PS Plus like 3 weeks ago anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've never played any of these Batman titles of the last few years and have a PS4 and Vita. What would be the best game for me to get to start the series on those systems?

Do you only have a ps4 and vita? The 3 other games in the series are on ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Origins is far better than people give it credit for.

It was buggy but most issues are sorted now.

Better story than the other 2.

Play in release order.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Varik wrote: »

Play in release order.

I don't know, it just felt cheap and repetitive to me. I got bored of it very quickly. Then again I think Asylum was the tightest and most focused game of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Play in release order.

I agree, I loved Origins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, I must have got lucky as I never really had many bugs bar losing about half an hours play once when it froze and didn't save - it was very much more of the same from prev games but that for me was a good thing.

If the bugs are sorted it's def worth a look now.

Must go back and finish the Cold Heart DLC!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm just after playing through all 3 again, origins was easily the worst of the bunch, buggy and unrefined. Cheap and repetitive is a fair assessment.

Have the dlc and "I am the night" 70% left.

The mp matchmaking and servers were broken but fun, managed to finish it when there was still people playing it.

Another regret of getting rid of my PS3, would love to play through these again. Sickened I didn't get the platinum in Origins to go along with the 1st two but I hate grinding multiplayer to get to a certain level, especially when you're not enjoying it. At least Arkham Knight doesn't have any Multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Do you only have a ps4 and vita? The 3 other games in the series are on ps3.

Yep, only a PS4 and Vita. Had a 360 but sold it as I hadn't time for gaming for a few years with young kids. Got the PS4 at Xmas.

Is the Vita game worth getting? Its Origins Blackgate?

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Another regret of getting rid of my PS3, would love to play through these again. Sickened I didn't get the platinum in Origins to go along with the 1st two but I hate grinding multiplayer to get to a certain level, especially when you're not enjoying it. At least Arkham Knight doesn't have any Multiplayer.

Grinding isn't an issue, I've all the mp but missing some sp ones.

The real issue is getting the numbers for the harder trophies. You need to get kills in certain ways on different individuals.

The real issue is getting the numbers for the harder trophies. You need to get kills in certain ways on different individuals.

Ah can't be dealing with that Assassins Creed did the same thing with their multiplayer, threw a spanner into my platinum getting for that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Yep, only a PS4 and Vita. Had a 360 but sold it as I hadn't time for gaming for a few years with young kids. Got the PS4 at Xmas.

Is the Vita game worth getting? Its Origins Blackgate?

Nowhere near the quality of the Arkham games on PC/360/PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Can't wait for this. Absolutely loved Asylum and City. Never played Origins but just seen it's only 8.99 on PSN so might pick it up for a play

Can't wait for this. Absolutely loved Asylum and City. Never played Origins but just seen it's only 8.99 on PSN so might pick it up for a play

Jaysus absolutely class deal, well worth it at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

Have a look at the sky in the new trailer, at about 1:40-1:42.
    Superman?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Dimithy wrote: »
    Have a look at the sky in the new trailer, at about 1:40-1:42.
    Superman?

Batman going for an old swoop surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Batman going for an old swoop surely?

Above Batman, slightly to the right.
    Could be a bird or a plane i guess.

Oooooohhhh very interesting. A line that looks Blue or red, can't really tell on my phone. Will have to have a good look on the laptop in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didnt like Origins loved the others tho, think its obvious it wasnt made by Rocksteady.

• Advertisement

More I watch the trailer, the more I think it's Superman. I made the gif below but not the best quality

Erq61f.gif

340553.PNG

Anyway, Arkham Knight Comic 2 is out for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Clutching at straws abit lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Didnt like Origins loved the others tho, think its obvious it wasnt made by Rocksteady.

I thought it was pretty solid. Not as good as the other two but still think its well worth less than a tenner. I liked the story too.

Clutching at straws abit lads.

AH HA Proof! I used a super zoom app on the image and low and behold.....

flying.jpg

Looks more like someone being thrown or falling from a building on the left, it looks to me like their back is to the left and front to the right which makes it look more like falling.

That's Batman falling, it's the reddish blue line moving across the screen up near the top that's interesting. Most likely a nod to supes instead of actually being in it but a Lex Corp sign was spotted in aprevious trailer so you'd never know.

IGN have the notes why the game is rated M. Slight spoilers so here's the link.
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/03/09/this-is-why-batman-arkham-knight-has-an-m-for-mature-rating

The most interesting point though is that word GobSh*te is used :pac:
    Neon signs in a red-light district read “live nude girls” and “XXX.” The words “b*tch,” “gobsh*te,” and “a*s” appear in the dialogue."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Would love to know who
    says 'gob****e'.

Would love to know who
    says 'gob****e'.

Some versions of
    Black Canary are Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Would love to know who
    says 'gob****e'.

It's so obvious now who the Arkham Knight is.
    Colin Farrell

Advertisement