Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Varik

humanji wrote: »
    I think for it to be Damien they'd have to give a whole lot of back story that'd really take away from the pace of a game set over one night. Hopefully, anyway. He's such a crap character.

I liked him at the end, which overall was probably the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anything been said about a collectors edition for this? I know I'll get it, it's inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

maximoose wrote: »
    Anything been said about a collectors edition for this? I know I'll get it, it's inevitable.

Damnit, now I'm picturing a collectors edition with a model of the batmobile... with a little switch to turn on the LEDs for the lights...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I still think it's going to be Hush, to continue that thread from Arkham City. It'd make sense, he's copied Batman's face, now he's gotten himself a similar suit...

Good idea.
    I definitely think that while the AK character is new, I do believe the man behind the mask will be someone we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Good idea.
    I definitely think that while the AK character is new, I do believe the man behind the mask will be someone we know.

I just got a feeling that it'll have something to do with the Joker. Hope i'm wrong tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pre-order showed up from Best buy with the following tweet.
    Masked as Bruce Wayne's son, drive the Batmobile & defend the city from notorious villains.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any chance that a collectors edition would have a Batman figure? I never get collector editions but that would convince me to get the Arkham Knight one straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Pre-order showed up from Best buy with the following tweet.
    Masked as Bruce Wayne's son, drive the Batmobile & defend the city from notorious villains.

Did they just give away a huge spoiler? Is that who the arkham Knight is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

J. Marston wrote: »
    Any chance that a collectors edition would have a Batman figure? I never get collector editions but that would convince me to get the Arkham Knight one straight away.

I'd say there's a good chance. I've the collectors edition of both City and Origins. City came with a regular sized Batman statue, while Origins came in a massive box with a big statue of Batman holding Joker off the ground.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Did they just give away a huge spoiler? Is that who the arkham Knight is?

UcPR8xv.jpg

"old man" - hmmm. I think it may just be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

"old man" - hmmm. I think it may just be.

It's either Hush or Jason Todd, but most likely Todd, as we've all been saying for ages, wouldn't it be a huge disappointment if it was Damian or some random new character.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I still think it's going to be Hush, to continue that thread from Arkham City. It'd make sense, he's copied Batman's face, now he's gotten himself a similar suit...

Thought I'd posted this before, but must have forgotten to click the post button, anyway...

I'd say it'll be a two pronged attack on Batman. The Arkham Night is out to get Batman, while another villain will be out to take down Bruce Wayne. Hush would fit in nicely with the latter.

Batman: Assault on Arkham will release on 12th August. Iknow it's not a game but some people here might be interested in it as it takes place between Origins & Asylum.

It's now official! "Batman: Assault on Arkham" is set to release on August 12, on Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD. Set in the world of the Batman: Arkham video game series, the all new animated film takes place between Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Asylum.
    The star studded cast of voice actors includes Kevin Conroy (Batman), Troy Baker (Joker), Matthew Gray Gubler (Riddler), Neal McDonough (Deadshot), CCH Pounder (Amanda Waller), Greg Ellis (Captain Boomerang) and Giancarlo Esposito (Black Spider).

^
    Kevin Conroy. Sold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Nice one sheehy!

Was just listening to the Wondercon 75th anniversary panel, Conroy talks briefly about Arkham Knight during the Q&As, and how much it's going to blow our minds. Said he already got in trouble for talking to people about the story though so doesn't give anything anyway :pac:

I can't frickin wait for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Someone on /v/ claims to know the plot, and posts about it in great detail. Here's an imgur link to it, click at your own risk!

http://i.imgur.com/GGtF0Dx.jpg

chickenboy wrote: »
    Someone on /v/ claims to know the plot, and posts about it in great detail. Here's an imgur link to it, click at your own risk!

http://i.imgur.com/GGtF0Dx.jpg

Burn that link! Burn it with fire!!

1st official Gameplay vid!! (well it's the very controlled stylized kind of gameplay but still looks brilliant!)

1st official Gameplay vid!! (well it's the very controlled stylized kind of gameplay but still looks brilliant!)

That looks like its definitely worth getting a ONE or PS4 to play.

• Advertisement

Looks incredible, can't wait!

Voice actor for Arkham Knight sounds kind of familiar, who is it?

Looks incredible, can't wait!

Voice actor for Arkham Knight sounds kind of familiar, who is it?

DOOOOOHHHHHH
    not sure

The One and Only Kevin Conroy!

He is voicing Batman and the Arkham Knight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, there's still a lot of CGI in that trailer. Hopefully it'll be on the show floor at E3 so we can see how the whole thing looks and comes together with the inclusion of the Batmobile.
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    That was Scarecrow talking throughout I think. I got a bit of a John Noble vibe from him but as far as I'm aware, the voice actor for the character hasn't been announced yet.

Ah bollix sake, my excitement is getting the best of me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I love the mechanical batsuit animations.

Also, the Arkham Knight is Hispanic?

Conroy can say anything as Batman and it sounds class. He really is the definite Batman (to me anyways).

Delighted that he is back for this game. I didn't like Batman's voice in Origins.

I don't give a toss about the other voice actors as long as Conroy is Batman, but the more voice actors they carry over from the animated series the better! I think he is the only one now.

I was just looking at IMBD cast listing for the game, a few villains I didn't know were appearing in the game are listed. Pinch of salt?

And David Mitchell doing henchmen voices?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That looks like its definitely worth getting a ONE or PS4 to play.

Heh..

• Advertisement

Heh..

or a PC. :pac:

Advertisement