Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Varik wrote: »
    Some versions of
    Black Canary are Irish.
    The back story of the Penguin in the Arkham games had him growing up in London, so its probably him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Been delayed to June 23rd Jaysus sake :(

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/03/23/batman-arkham-knight-release-date-delayed?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

EDIT: New gamplay vid to sweeten the blow:

Made a gif showing the new disarm baseball bat and using it against thugs:

QoTlJ0a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Details on Harley Quinn DLC
    For the first time in the Arkham series take on the role of Joker’s psychotic side-kick Harley Quinn and wreak havoc inside the Blüdhaven Police Department. With this exclusive Story Pack experience events in the lead-up to Arkham Knight as you infiltrate Blüdhaven to rescue your partner in crime: Poison Ivy. Delve deep into Harley’s demented nature and utilize her devastating baseball bat to smash, crash and bash your way to a friend very much in need.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Day 1 DLC. Hurray!

It's the product we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So they'll sell it. Because we buy it. Because they're not our hero. etc. etc. :P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Day 1 DLC. Hurray!

It's the product we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So they'll sell it. Because we buy it. Because they're not our hero. etc. etc. :P

It's preorder content, some stores will have Harley Quinn and others will have Red Hood. If it's anything like the Robin pack in Arkham city, it will just be challenge maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Read the blurb. "Exclusive story pack." It will be basically like the Catwoman content from City. Which was fairly substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Using the weapons for more than the enemy you took it from is cool. I think I saw a button prompt allowing you to break the baseball bat at a certain point... so the weapon break mechanic from City/Origins (disarm+dismantles the weapon in some way) might be one and the same and taking taking the weapon for yourself in Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Kirby wrote: »
    Read the blurb. "Exclusive story pack." It will be basically like the Catwoman content from City. Which was fairly substantial.
    The Catwoman content came in every new copy of the game, not just pre-order copies, no?

A move to pre-order only content would be...unwelcome, to say the least. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Inb4 activate pre-order content with a .ini change in notepad.exe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Catwoman content was total ****e that felt half-assed and haphazardly slotted into the game at random junctures, destroying the flow of the game in the process. To be honest I would have preferred if the content wasn't included, or at very least tucked well away. If the Harley Quinn content is of the same mould, they can keep it.

I think the harley DLC is life a prequel to the game where it gives you a stand alone mission like the Robin one in City. I'd prefee that over challenge maps any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Catwoman content was total ****e that felt half-assed and haphazardly slotted into the game at random junctures, destroying the flow of the game in the process. To be honest I would have preferred if the content wasn't included, or at very least tucked well away. If the Harley Quinn content is of the same mould, they can keep it.

As Pre-Order DLC goes, I don't think it was quiet as bad as your making out. Speaking as a casual batman player who didn't read the comics or whatever I can't say that I found doing 4 missions with Catwoman to be particularly terrible. Her mechanics were good and she was just different enough from Batman to be decent. The paid-for Harley Quinn DLC was actually worse and added less in my opinion especially at it's €15+ price point at launch

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It wasn't as bad as the ridiculous amount of Riddler stuff adorning every building of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You didn't have to do either though. They only added to the main game, and didn't take anything away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

First time I played AC it was second hand so I didn't have cat woman. But when I did have it goty edition, I thought it was a nice addition and the way it switched between the two characters was good imo. Compared to the Robin dlc story which was so dull and linear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Looks like this is only getting a digital release on PC in the UK. Seems like an odd move to make. Has it ever been done before? I assume that Ireland wont be lumped in to the UK, seeing as the story does mention that it will get a boxed releases in the rest of Europe.
    Are they trying to evade low pricing from brick and mortar/online retailers. I think I remember it being priced quite low a few months ago.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/26/batman-arkham-knight-pc-digital-only-in-uk/

Xtravision selling the Bats limited edition PS4 console with the game for 399 euro. Selling the game on its own for 70.

116016.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Jaysis, 70 blips is tight enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Cormac... wrote: »
    As Pre-Order DLC goes, I don't think it was quiet as bad as your making out. Speaking as a casual batman player who didn't read the comics or whatever I can't say that I found doing 4 missions with Catwoman to be particularly terrible. Her mechanics were good and she was just different enough from Batman to be decent. The paid-for Harley Quinn DLC was actually worse and added less in my opinion especially at it's €15+ price point at launch

It played fine but it really messed up the flow of the game. The first part comes before the tutorial for combat which makes no sense and also before the much more dramatic actual intro of the game which is just weird. Then it just goes back to it randomly once or twice with no real warning including after the climax of the actual game. It's really obvious the game was designed without it and then it was just stuvk in after.

• Advertisement

Jaysis, 70 blips is tight enough.

Yeah, Gamestop will probably be selling it for 75. Hoping Argos will sell it for 60.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Xtravision selling the Bats limited edition PS4 console with the game for 399 euro. Selling the game on its own for 70.

116016.jpg

Found out about this through HMVs site totally randomly, it was up as €399 but when I added it to the basket it went up to €440. Then I checked Xtravision to see if they were the same but luckily weren't so got to preorder one. Wonder why there's a difference between the two though since they're both merged now I thought?

GameStop have listed the standard bundle at €450 so I wonder how much more they'll charge for the limited edition if they get it, apparently waiting on confirmation. Won't stop at €500 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Came across this earlier thought people might be interested, can pre order this with free shipping for EUR 45

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/batman-arkham-knight-playstation-4/dp/38031239#bc=e3c5

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Came across this earlier thought people might be interested, can pre order this with free shipping for EUR 45

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/batman-arkham-knight-playstation-4/dp/38031239#bc=e3c5

Only problem with Wow HD is that their delivery times take up to three weeks and it's a lottery on whether you'll be liable for import tax.

Yeah great price but I'll be needing this day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Xtravision 70 euro?!?!?!

Had this on pre-order from Amazon since last year, I'm paying €43 for my copy on PS4.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭jones

TheDoc wrote: »
    Xtravision 70 euro?!?!?!

Had this on pre-order from Amazon since last year, I'm paying €43 for my copy on PS4.....

How are you getting it so cheap? I have this preodered with amazon since last October at a price of £39.98 (55euro approx.) but on preorder I think amazon always charge you in sterling at least they do for me.

The problem with amazon now is the price of the euro compared to sterling.
    I used to buy all my games from amazon but its actually cheaper for me to buy them here now and then trade in a few to the likes of gamestop and get a new game for a tenner.

PC Specs
    Minimum System Requirements
    OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
    Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Graphics Memory: 2 GB
    DirectX®: 11
    Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
    Hard Drive Space: 45 GB

Recommended System Requirements
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    Graphics Memory: 3 GB
    Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

ULTRA System Requirements
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    Graphics Memory: 3 GB
    Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

New trailer out tomorrow . There have been countdown teasers over the weekend showing catwoman, nightwing and what looks like Azrael.

• Advertisement

Looks like robin will be in it as well showing bats allies in the game and rocksteady said the trailer will show off a brand new feature that wasn't in other games hhhmmmm

Advertisement