Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well.. that's the worst batman trailer I've seen from the entire Arkham series.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is this the first time a game has been promoted by telling it's potential buyers to get themselves maimed/killed? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That fella in the alley looks like he just binge watched the 1st season of Daredevil, not gonna end well for ya buddy. Lol at the gang members getting scared of the nerd on the subway. What a waste of ad money.

I always loved the Origins tv spot trailer.

That got me more hyped than any other Batman trailer, it just nails everything I like about the character of Batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Anyone know where I can pre-order or get my hands on a collectors edition (PC)

been googling, checking gamestop, turning out to be very difficult indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Out of interest where is everyone thinking of picking this up from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ I never decide where I'm going to buy it from until it's been out for a few days (for various reasons) but it's at that point that the non-preorder competition kicks up between all the digital retailers and I just go for who has the cheapest one listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I need to pick one up as well.Where d you think the best place to get the CE for PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There's a few different editions going for this isn't there?

What one are people picking up? Which one is best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just thinking today, that I wouldn't really need to upgrade my graphics card to play this. I mean how much graphics processing is needed to render everything in green, yellow and red and highlight who's talking? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So just pre ordered this from Smyth's (59.99) for PS4. Does anyone know if they deliver for release day or will it be a few days after??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Does the premium edition include all that pre-order DLC (or will it eventually?)?

There are CE available on amazon now for ps4 if you are looking for one

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Out of interest where is everyone thinking of picking this up from?

I've had mine pre-ordered with Amazon for quite a while now. Price is now showing at £37.92 (super saver delivery) so won't have it on the actual day.

It was around £44 when I initially pre-ordered.

Works out at around €53

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I liked Arkham Asylum and Arkham City but gameplay wise on foot this is looking a bit too similar; maybe I expected too much with the near 4 year wait and move to next gen in development :(
    I just don't care too much for fighting the military in a batmobile :(

I love the Arkham games but that gameplay didn't do much for me. Really not looking forward to those Batmobile Battlefield Tank sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Whatever about the more subjective improvements to the combat system or general quality of the Batmobile sections, there's some serious technical improvements on display in that trailer. Jesus, that's Unreal Engine 3 like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

Got a phonecall today from Gamestop about a 'Complete Batman: Arkham Knight' with all DLC for my pre-order; just €115 :O .... they said they'll take any of the 80 games on the Gamestop 9.99 list and give €30 against it. Sounds like the anger towards the Season Pass has sparked desperation somewhat....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

ERG89 wrote: »
    I liked Arkham Asylum and Arkham City but gameplay wise on foot this is looking a bit too similar; maybe I expected too much with the near 4 year wait and move to next gen in development :(
    I just don't care too much for fighting the military in a batmobile :(
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    I love the Arkham games but that gameplay didn't do much for me. Really not looking forward to those Batmobile Battlefield Tank sections.

I have to admit, I'm completely underwhelmed by what I've seen of this.

antifyre wrote: »
    Got a phonecall today from Gamestop about a 'Complete Batman: Arkham Knight' with all DLC for my pre-order; just €115 :O .... they said they'll take any of the 80 games on the Gamestop 9.99 list and give €30 against it. Sounds like the anger towards the Season Pass has sparked desperation somewhat....

Yeah I heard about that it is 100 euro on the psn store

They have released so much stuff that I'm actually losing interest in the game.

Another bad one was that PS4 content trailer. It's not right taking content like that away from the other platforms whether it's good or bad.

I have to say I'm tempted on playing in the Adam West batsuit from the start but its just a skin. The nightmare level looks like it could get a bit boring. I think Sony got a bit burnt whatever they paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

HXpz4P3.png

629.gif

Aw that's mental! This was my most anticipated game of the year but with the witcher, i honestly wouldnt mind if this was pushed back again.

Saying that I'm still looking forward to it, gonna get it launch day maybr in argos And if any of the dlc gets good reviews, will pick then up at some point maybe in a sale. The season pass can F right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

The Batmobile sections look terrible. Really turning me off it. I would be playing though those sections simply to get back to the normal gameplay (ie. As quickly as possible)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm tempted on playing in the Adam West batsuit from the start but its just a skin. The nightmare level looks like it could get a bit boring. I think Sony got a bit burnt whatever they paid for it.
    I'd assume it'd also be like the previous games where the skin only becomes available after you finish the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was going to say that DLC list is insane, but it's pretty much what i expect from most big releases these days. I'm still going to buy the game, but only the bog standard version.

Advertisement