Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Star Lord wrote: »
    Did they ever fix the bugs in Origins? I remember having to do a crazy glitch thing to bypass an air vent that it would not let me climb into, so instead, I'd to glide around, land on a specific pipe, crouch and move in a certain way, the game would glitch Bats in between pipes, where he'd stutter in a falling animation, before shooting way up into the sky, where I'd to land on the roof of the building.
    Unless the bug is in the closing section of the PC version of the game, I imagine it's fixed? Then again, I assume it wasn't a 100% repo bug either so perhaps I was just lucky to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Star Lord wrote: »
    Did they ever fix the bugs in Origins? I remember having to do a crazy glitch thing to bypass an air vent that it would not let me climb into, so instead, I'd to glide around, land on a specific pipe, crouch and move in a certain way, the game would glitch Bats in between pipes, where he'd stutter in a falling animation, before shooting way up into the sky, where I'd to land on the roof of the building.

Yeah it was fixed. Was stopping me from progressing. I didn't bother with the workaround since they said they were fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, I remember hearing at the time that they weren't working on any patches for the game, so I went with the glitch!
    For those that didn't know, this is what you had to do:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will never be able to unhear Mike as Gordon. Those voice actor videos are great, wish more devs would release them for their games.

• Advertisement

Between the size of the file and the 70 euro price tag on the PSN store, I think I'll definitely be getting a physical copy of this, hopefully in Argos for 60.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Between the size of the file and the 70 euro price tag on the PSN store, I think I'll definitely be getting a physical copy of this, hopefully in Argos for 60.

Cheapest I could find at 53.50, never used the site though
    http://deals.simplygames.com/p/batman-arkham-knight-includes-harley-quinn-dlc-ps4

also smyths have it at 60
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-6502/batman-arkham-knight-ps4/

Have to get it day 1, great price for Smyths, might pre-order it from there, will wait til mid june anyway.

• Advertisement

Behind the scenes

Highlights of video

"You can seamlessly switch between the two characters, whether it’s Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman,” Lancaster explains of Dual Play, which allows you to call in assistance from Batman’s allies in both combat and predator mode. “It’s fantastic because we’re able to build these relationships, not just through the cinematic sequences, but right through the gameplay through every aspect of the game.”

They also reveal the roles for certain other members of the game’s supporting cast. Lucius Fox will be working on research and development for Batman, sending in Batmobile upgrades via the Batwing. The Riddler has decided to match both brain and brawn with Batman, and has developed a robot army. The mysterious Azrael sees that, with the villains taking over, his dark prophecy from Batman: Arkham City has come true. Now he wants to replace Batman and become Gotham’s new protector.
    You can also quickfire gadgets while flying towards enemies

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/08/batman-arkham-knights-dual-play-and-azraels-role-explained/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Highlights of video

"You can seamlessly switch between the two characters, whether it’s Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman,” Lancaster explains of Dual Play, which allows you to call in assistance from Batman’s allies in both combat and predator mode. “It’s fantastic because we’re able to build these relationships, not just through the cinematic sequences, but right through the gameplay through every aspect of the game.”

They also reveal the roles for certain other members of the game’s supporting cast. Lucius Fox will be working on research and development for Batman, sending in Batmobile upgrades via the Batwing. The Riddler has decided to match both brain and brawn with Batman, and has developed a robot army. The mysterious Azrael sees that, with the villains taking over, his dark prophecy from Batman: Arkham City has come true. Now he wants to replace Batman and become Gotham’s new protector.
    You can also quickfire gadgets while flying towards enemies

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/08/batman-arkham-knights-dual-play-and-azraels-role-explained/

So Azrael is the Arkham Knight?

So Azrael is the Arkham Knight?

doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is there gonna be a special edition released?

Is there gonna be a special edition released?

Yeah about 8 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just finished Origin on I am the night mode, some quicktime events being instant deaths if you missed was kinda hard considering there was no button prompts.

Was that the hard playthrough where if you die you have to start the game again?

Was that the hard playthrough where if you die you have to start the game again?

ye, just have to finish challenges now and I'm 3 for 3 on Arkham platinum trophies. Will give the mr freeze dlc a go after that.

Fair play man! I gave up on the platinum for that when i realised I'd never play the multiplayer enough for its trophy. Sickened i couldn't make it arkham trilogy of platinums but at least AK won't have multiplayer trophies.

Fair play man! I gave up on the platinum for that when i realised I'd never play the multiplayer enough for its trophy. Sickened i couldn't make it arkham trilogy of platinums but at least AK won't have multiplayer trophies.

The MP was worse for glitches than the SP and the game is old now so you're unlikely to even get a full lobby to try it.

The MP was good (when it worked) but the glitches ruined it, worse than any other online game out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They should just admit that the multiplayer was a stupid idea and was ****e and give everyone the trophies for it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They should just admit that the multiplayer was a stupid idea and was ****e and give everyone the trophies for it.

Or, do nothing, as trophies aren't important :pac:

In our last trailer, All Who Follow You, we unveiled a new gadget in Batman’s arsenal: The Disruptor. This new gadget has been tailored to meet the challenges of Gotham City’s vast landscape through its long range capabilities, and provides options that bolster Batman’s ability to control engagements like never before.

Core Abilities
    The Disruptor has three charges per engagement, requiring Batman to carefully select how best to use each charge in order to compliment his plan of attack. The core abilities at Batman’s disposal out of the box are:

Jamming enemies weapons when they attempt to fire at Batman
    Exploding enemy weapons (by using two charges on the same weapon)
    Rigging weapon crates to shock enemies who try to arm themselves
    Tagging vehicles with tracking devices for Batmobile pursuits

Expanding Batman’s Tactical Options
    The Disruptor provides Batman with greater tactical flexibility in any engagement before it even begins. Before combat, the Disruptor can be used to jam the weapons of an opponent, buying Batman precious time to gain the advantage and land the first attack. In Predator scenarios, the Disruptor can be employed to target various enemy devices by rendering them inactive, or even turning them against their owners.

Additionally, the Disruptor is equipped with a long range scope, allowing Batman to survey and set up control of the situation from the rooftops of Gotham City with pinpoint accuracy.

Extensive Upgrades
    The Disruptor has an extensive selection of upgrades to choose from – each providing their own unique advantage to Batman.

For example, the ‘additional charge’ upgrade provides more simultaneous options for each engagement, allowing additional greater situational control over the devices and weapons that could become an obstacle.

Alternatively, a high level upgrade is available to Batman allowing him to hack and disrupt the turret of the Arkham Knight’s Drone Tanks. This creates the opportunity for Batman to draw the Drones attention on foot, only for its turret to backfire and self-destruct when it attempts to fire.

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Batman-Arkham-Knight-General/Batman-Arkham-Knight-Spotlight-The-Disruptor-Gadget/td-p/502245

2864304-batman.jpg
    WB Games will offer a special collector's edition of Batman: Arkham Knight, it was revealed today.

The Amazon listing for Arkham Knight shows two separate editions: the standard game and something called the Comic Bundle. Clicking on this reveals the image below for what is actually called the Serious Edition.

This $70 bundle consists of the game itself, an in-game skin ("Batman First Appearance"), and an exclusive, 25th anniversary version of an acclaimed Batman graphic novel first published in 1989, Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. What isn't included is the extensive amount of DLC included in the game's $40 season pass that sparked somewhat of a backlash from fans.

WB Games has yet to officially announce this version, but based on the Amazon listing, it will only be available for Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game. Arkham Knight is due out on PC alongside both consoles on June 23.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-gets-serious-edition-with-fre/1100-6427281/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm super cereal you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Arkham Asylum is a great graphic novel, but can be picked up for under a tenner these days.

Losing track of the versions of this game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

maximoose wrote: »
    Arkham Asylum is a great graphic novel, but can be picked up for under a tenner these days.

Losing track of the versions of this game now.
    The 25th Anniversary Deluxe HC which comes with this edition is £16.48 currently on Amazon though. So at $70 for the PS4 version, that bundle is actually pretty good value.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, finally finished City (was absolutely brilliant), and watched the trailer for this. Is there a heacy focus on co-op this time around? They seemed to be showing a lot of dual combat moves, which would probably be tough unless you had another player involved.

Nope, no co-op what so ever. At certain points of the story, you tackle with an AI partner that you can switch to on the fly and trigger double team moves. Very interested to see how it pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kiith wrote: »
    So, finally finished City (was absolutely brilliant), and watched the trailer for this. Is there a heacy focus on co-op this time around? They seemed to be showing a lot of dual combat moves, which would probably be tough unless you had another player involved.
    Did you wait for the credits?

Advertisement