Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Hopefully it's not the driving sections , which we already know about

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Hopefully it's not the driving sections , which we already know about

meant to say trailers as well. They said it's something that no one outside of Rocksteady knows about. Intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What's with the green robots.

Man that was class! So are they AI controlled allies or is it multiplayer co-op?? I know Rocksteady said before there is absolutely no multiplayer..

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Man that was class! So are they AI controlled allies or is it multiplayer co-op?? I know Rocksteady said before there is absolutely no multiplayer..

I'd say its co-op challenge maps

I'd say its co-op challenge maps

Ah yeah, that might make more sense.

ak1.gif

ak2.gif

ak3.gif

Figured they were riddler bots alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Do ye think you would have had to have played the previous games to pick this up? It looks amazing but wasnt gaming on last gen so hadnt played any! Presume you would prob pick up the story easy enough?

• Advertisement

I'd say you could go straight into this without playing the other 3 but if you, I'd reall recommend playing Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Absolutely amazing.

Asylum is on sale on the PSN store for PS3 for the next 2 days at just a fiver

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/batman-arkham-asylum/cid=EP1018-NPEB01156_00-ARKHAMASYLUMGAME

City is on sale for for a fiver as well

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/batman-arkham-city/cid=EP1018-NPEB00941_00-ARKHAMCITY00GAME

While the trilogy including the 2 above with Origins (which is class as well) is 17.50, great price.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/batman-arkham-collection/cid=EP1018-NPEJ00236_00-B000000000000728

Do ye think you would have had to have played the previous games to pick this up? It looks amazing but wasnt gaming on last gen so hadnt played any! Presume you would prob pick up the story easy enough?

Found these on youtube. give short summary of each game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thanks for that lads, think Ill def pick it up (Mrs away that weekend as well so marathon gaming weekend planned ha) Dont have a PS3 so wont be able to play the last few unfortunately, heard rumours of remastered versions being released for PS4 so will pick them up if that happens!

Thanks for that lads, think Ill def pick it up (Mrs away that weekend as well so marathon gaming weekend planned ha) Dont have a PS3 so wont be able to play the last few unfortunately, heard rumours of remastered versions being released for PS4 so will pick them up if that happens!
    The remasters are rumored to be coming out for christmas

From the youtube video description .
    For the first time ever, watch Batman: Arkham Knight’s exciting new “Dual Play” mechanic in action as you switch seamlessly between The Dark Knight and his allies including Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman in free-flow combat.

With his back against the wall, Batman turns to his closest allies to help him save Gotham City from the clutches of Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight’s army. A familiar face also returns to give The Dark Knight a message he cannot ignore…

So no coop then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Good, personally I'm sick to death of shoe-horned in Co-op and PvP multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Cormac... wrote: »
    Good, personally I'm sick to death of shoe-horned in Co-op and PvP multiplayer

Same as that.

I don't even like Challenge Maps.

It will probably be like in gta v when you can switch between Mike, Trevor and Franklin during a mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

From the youtube video description .

So no coop then

Even still, I think it looks like it could be great.

I may have to get better at it than just hopping in the middle of lads, and mashing strike and counter over and over and over until noone is left standing.

Looking like this could be a PC buy for me. Really don't fancy buying either a PS4 or Xbone. But the PC specs! :eek: Can anyone hazard a guess if my rig can handle it?

i5 2400 @3.1GHz
    8GB RAM
    AMD Radeon 6870

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Can anyone hazard a guess if my rig can handle it?

i5 2400 @3.1GHz
    8GB RAM
    AMD Radeon 6870

Sheehy posted the specs above.
    Minimum System Requirements
    OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
    Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Graphics Memory: 2 GB
    DirectX®: 11
    Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
    Hard Drive Space: 45 GB

Recommended System Requirements
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    Graphics Memory: 3 GB
    Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

ULTRA System Requirements
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    Graphics Memory: 3 GB
    Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

• Advertisement

Even still, I think it looks like it could be great.

I may have to get better at it than just hopping in the middle of lads, and mashing strike and counter over and over and over until noone is left standing.

Looking like this could be a PC buy for me. Really don't fancy buying either a PS4 or Xbone. But the PC specs! :eek: Can anyone hazard a guess if my rig can handle it?

i5 2400 @3.1GHz
    8GB RAM
    AMD Radeon 6870

Try this website
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Really not sure how I feel about the switching characters thing. I wouldn't mind if it's like Batman gets KO'd, take control of Robin or Nightwing to save him. The combos look cool but I've never had a problem dealing with a room packed full of goons as solo batman. I spose the trailer does show he will be up against an entire army so maybe it's needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I always kind of wanted coop. Not for the main story, but for goofing around in the combat challenges. The idea of Resident Evil 0's character hopping mixed with more action elements (i guess more like GTAV?)... I gotta say... doesn't sound too good. Who knows, though... it might be amazing.

They said there's definitely no multilayer in the game which means that the characters you're not controlling in the moment are going to either be A.I controlled or do absolutely nothing. That... is whack. At that point I'd prefer to just message a competent friend on steam to come help me w/ mics on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I always kind of wanted coop. Not for the main story, but for goofing around in the combat challenges. The idea of Resident Evil 0's character hopping mixed with more action elements (i guess more like GTAV?)... I gotta say... doesn't sound too good. Who knows, though... it might be amazing.

They said there's definitely no multilayer in the game which means that the characters you're not controlling in the moment are going to either be A.I controlled or do absolutely nothing. That... is whack. At that point I'd prefer to just message a competent friend on steam to come help me w/ mics on.

There's still nothing wrong with providing a strong single player game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Challenge rooms were an alright mode in the first game and were a nice challenge. MUCH preferred the stealth over the combat ones.

By the time the second game came around they were too complicated, too hard and simply not fun by the end of the third game. I actively avoided them and grew tired of them after Asylum.

They are my least favourite part of all three games and this one looks like they're going to play a big part again.

I loved the challenge rooms, very satisfying to get the platinum trophy ping after your thumbs hanging off.

Excellent analysis trailer of the latest video. Looks like each of the allies has a specific area to help out in. Also Johnny Charisma: Live linked to
    JoCar is aLive
    theory. Riddler trophy spotted and a ton of references to the comic and cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I loved the challenge rooms, very satisfying to get the platinum trophy ping after your thumbs hanging off.

Getting a 182x combo makes you feel a lot like Batman too :D

I can't remember but did the old games have online leaderboards for challenge rooms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi All
    Don't suppose anyone knows where I could try pre-order an Arkham Knight PS4 bundle....or will there be any in these parts (Ireland)

HB

Advertisement