Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I walked past a women yesterday, who evidently took an intense disliking to me, because she (literally) screamed "state of your legs! You have no ankles!" after me.

"Well you've got no tact, so f*ck off!" :pac:

What the hell is wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

"Well you've got no tact, so f*ck off!" :pac:

What the hell is wrong with people?

Well, she dropped her rollie on the street, then picked it up and put it straight back into her mouth, so... Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Got new roommate yesterday, which is great cause we need one by next week. Had to email people not to come to a viewing last night, then take the ad off Daft and sort things with the property manager.

She calls this morning to pull out. Less than 24 hours after accepting. Got a "better place" apparently.

/rage

Got new roommate yesterday, which is great cause we need one by next week. Had to email people not to come to a viewing last night, then take the ad off Daft and sort things with the property manager.

She calls this morning to pull out. Less than 24 hours after accepting. Got a "better place" apparently.

/rage

Yeesh. Annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

/rage
    I'd say you're better off not getting a housemate like that, she doesn't sound very considerate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I went to one yesterday - big depressing bunch of apartments so didn't know which one I was viewing. Arrived. Called them. No answer. Waited. Called again. No answer. Waited. No call back. Left as I had another viewing to go to.

Got calls as I was driving along. Couldn't answer. Listened to voicemail this morning and she was snotty in them asking me where I was. I WAS THERE WHEN YOU WHERE MEANT TO BE!!!! :mad:

RQ, you just come live with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ha that occurred to me! You guys should see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

My new place in Dublin will have to be prised from my cold, dead hands. Just can't deal with the Dublin rental market anymore!

Hope ye both manage to sort something, ladies :)

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Ha that occurred to me! You guys should see if that works.

I was thinking of that as well. :D

I'm planning on moving close to work now as I gave up on places further afield and have fallen in love with the idea of an extra hour in bed in the mornings :D She lives further from work than where I am now :(

• Advertisement

:( Tis a shame. We could have had a TLL HQ I Dublin. :P

Anyone else watching the showjumping?

Fantastic clear round for Ireland just now by Bertram Allen and his stunning grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I dont like to toot my own horn but i make amazing meatballs and homemade spicy tomato sauce :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I dont like to toot my own horn but i make amazing meatballs and homemade spicy tomato sauce :D

I'll happily confirm this, if you send me some over.

*I'm hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Will do! Expect them via fox in about twenty mins! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Has the room an ensuite? If yes, I want it!

:( Tis a shame. We could have had a TLL HQ I Dublin. :P

Ye know if you want to move out to Sandyford I would be happy to get a house with you :P

Must allow dogs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I have a cake in the oven. I won't even be eating any of it. At least the house is smelling ah-may-zing.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I will more than likely be joining in the Dublin house hunting soon. This thread is not filling me with confidence. Dreading it. :(

I watched the International Space Station pass by a short while ago. It's being trailed by a supply ship that's due to dock with it in a few days. You can see them both again at about midnight tonight. Sooo cool! :)

Ye know if you want to move out to Sandyford I would be happy to get a house with you :P

Must allow dogs. :D

Unfortunately, I'm staying put where I am for the next year. Gotta love the north inner city! :P

Aw, I love dogs! What kind have you got? :D

• Advertisement

Ice Storm wrote: »
    I will more than likely be joining in the Dublin house hunting soon. This thread is not filling me with confidence. Dreading it. :(

Good luck. It gets worse by the week, less and less stuff becoming available. I go through phases of looking...had hoped to find a new job first and then move closer to work, but, alas it hasn't happened :(

Unfortunately, I'm staying put where I am for the next year. Gotta love the north inner city! :P

Aw, I love dogs! What kind have you got? :D

3 jack russels. Won't be able to bring any by the looks of it :(

BONUS POINT WIN!

These women are phenom

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

BONUS POINT WIN!

These women are phenom

Semi final here we come.

Debating booking flights for the day of the final...

sullivlo wrote: »
    Semi final here we come.

Debating booking flights for the day of the final...

When is the final again? Are the flights cheap??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

When is the final again? Are the flights cheap??

Next Sunday. It's about €200 plus a day off work. I can only travel on Sunday though - my boss is celebrating engagement and birthday next Saturday night. Inconsiderate.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Next Sunday. It's about €200 plus a day off work. I can only travel on Sunday though - my boss is celebrating engagement and birthday next Saturday night. Inconsiderate.

Oof, that's out for me anyway... You gonna do it?

Oof, that's out for me anyway... You gonna do it?
    I don't know what to do. I'd love to be there, but I'm flying to Greece the week after and I don't know if I can justify a flying visit to Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Keeping a close eye on our two dogs. The thunder and lightening is scaring them. I hope they don't bolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Keeping a close eye on our two dogs. The thunder and lightening is scaring them. I hope they don't bolt.

Can you bring them in? My guy freaks out at thunder, hope it doesn't hit here tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

pampootie wrote: »
    Can you bring them in? My guy freaks out at thunder, hope it doesn't hit here tonight

I was going to. Parents were having none of it. It's stopped now, thankfully. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement