Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Bake Off + PMS = Late night dash to Tesco for cake. Guaranteed.

A friend of mine was heavily pregnant this time last year, her poor husband was being sent out every Wednesday night at 9 o'clock to source macarons, French fancies and other treats that it's impossible to find in a small Irish town at the best of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

sullivlo wrote: »
    Hola add on?

I don't "get" the GBBO. I love cooking and I love eating, and I'm partial to masterchef and other reality tv, but I'm not gone on GBBO.

I mainly watch it for paul hollywood :pac: but i do like it for the odd recipe too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

All this talk of cooking... there has to be an easier way to pipe filling into canneloni tubes. I always get so frustrated with it.
    My folks have been badgering me to make this. I've done it before but it is a pretty labor-intensive dish. It's well worth it, though- tastes AMAZING.
    Also, I had a nose around Homestore and More in Airside today- there's a ton of Cake Boss merch available! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Hola add on?

I don't "get" the GBBO. I love cooking and I love eating, and I'm partial to masterchef and other reality tv, but I'm not gone on GBBO.
    Sorry I'm being dense but I don't understand "hola add on"? :o

I'm more fond of GBBO than masterchef and the like, I come from a house where there were prizewinning bakers! (My great grandfather was a master baker, my granny and my mum both regularly won prizes for their baking at shows, and my sister is a trained pastry chef!)

McChubbin wrote: »
    All this talk of cooking... there has to be an easier way to pipe filling into canneloni tubes. I always get so frustrated with it.
    My folks have been badgering me to make this. I've done it before but it is a pretty labor-intensive dish. It's well worth it, though- tastes AMAZING.
    Also, I had a nose around Homestore and More in Airside today- there's a ton of Cake Boss merch available! :D
    I did see a recipe for cannelloni where you put the tubes standing up (you need a high casserole dish or something). You get more cannelloni for your buck, and it's easier to fill them! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'm more fond of GBBO than masterchef and the like, I come from a house where there were prizewinning bakers! (My great grandfather was a master baker, my granny and my mum both regularly won prizes for their baking at shows, and my sister is a trained pastry chef!)

Family gatherings must have been tasty affairs in your house!

My grandfather was the head chef in a well-known Wexford hotel for years. He spawned a generation of foodies and cooks and bakers, but unfortunately I was out the day the skillz were handed out :o

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Family gatherings must have been tasty affairs in your house!

My grandfather was the head chef in a well-known Wexford hotel for years. He spawned a generation of foodies and cooks and bakers, but unfortunately I was out the day the skillz were handed out :o
    Oh the cakes and desserts were always yum! :)
    I wasn't the best cook in the family by a long shot (sort of a "too many cooks" situation!) but I've been practising a lot in the last 10 years and I'm decent enough now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Today I've been mostly repurposing the box room from overflow wardrobe to nursery :) I dropped 4 black sacks of clothes, a bag of shoes and a bag of gift sets to the charity shop earlier. The contents of my wardrobe now fit into... a wardrobe, singular! As a former clothes hoarder I'm pretty chuffed about this development. Downsizing ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Dolbert wrote: »
    Today I've been mostly repurposing the box room from overflow wardrobe to nursery :) I dropped 4 black sacks of clothes, a bag of shoes and a bag of gift sets to the charity shop earlier. The contents of my wardrobe now fit into... a wardrobe, singular! As a former clothes hoarder I'm pretty chuffed about this development. Downsizing ftw!

Teach me your ways! I have clothes and shoes everywhere, and I wear the same stuff all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

pampootie wrote: »
    Teach me your ways! I have clothes and shoes everywhere, and I wear the same stuff all the time

I had to be ruthless. If they weren't in the regular rotation,they got chucked! I had already sold/given to friends some of the nicer things which made it a bit easier. Some of the stuff was perfect, but I never wore it so it was pointless keeping it.

• Advertisement

Do a clear out of your wardrobe every six months. If there is something you haven't worn in the previous six months, put it to one side in your wardrobe. If you wear it, put it back on the other side of the wardrobe. If after 6 more months, when you do your second clear out, there are still things put to one side, get rid of them. If you haven't worn something in a year, it's unlikely you'll wear it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Have heard of that but with a variation for those of us who have a wardrobe too stuffed to keep things to one side or another - put everything hanging facing one way, and when you wear it, hang it up facing the other way. All the stuff facing the original way after a year goes. Never managed it though!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't really have enough clothes to do that... did an epic clearout when I moved to London. Everything I have actually fits, I don't even have a pair of "fat jeans" in a size bigger than usual for when overindulgence has happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I can never do it though! My default clearout involves throwing everything from the wardrobe onto the bed, getting fed up and going downstairs to drink tea

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I can never do it though! My default clearout involves throwing everything from the wardrobe onto the bed, getting fed up and going downstairs to drink tea

That is how I do it to. Although I have so little clothes at the moment. Moving continents means you sacrifice bringing back clothes for bringing back souvenirs. Giant carved wooden chief chair, yes, big pile of clothes, no.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Feeling crappy today and need to clean the house before a room showing tonight.

Finding a place in Dublin is hard. Finding a non crazy person to move in with you is also difficult. It clearly says 12 months, no you cannot have it for five!

I always wonder how people advertising rooms cope. Why do people put up phone numbers and say 'phone only' sure yer phone would be hopping :eek:

I can only find apartments. Want house. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I always wonder how people advertising rooms cope. Why do people put up phone numbers and say 'phone only' sure yer phone would be hopping :eek:

Are you looking for your own house or a room in a house?

We set up a specific email address to avoid all that.

Edit: Went on Amazon to look for one book, ended up buying three books on Book Depository!

My sister and her housemate were looking for another housemate a few months ago, they put the ad on Daft, within 30 minutes they had nearly 100 messages on the phone number. Mental!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Are you looking for your own house or a room in a house?

We set up a specific email address to avoid all that.

Edit: Went on Amazon to look for one book, ended up buying three books on Book Depository!

I was looking for a house from scratch. Now just a room. So sick of this.
    My sister and her housemate were looking for another housemate a few months ago, they put the ad on Daft, within 30 minutes they had nearly 100 messages on the phone number. Mental!

Madness. Daft has email alerts now so I get an email as soon as something comes up in my price range/area so I'll email straight away. Imagine how many other people are doing that and if you put up your phone number?! :eek:

Trying to do computer things for my blog.

Brain is melting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, I've been kinda keeping it to myself for a while, but I've been seeing my doctor about this for a few months now, and it seems like I have some sort of chronic fatigue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Links234 wrote: »
    So, I've been kinda keeping it to myself for a while, but I've been seeing my doctor about this for a few months now, and it seems like I have some sort of chronic fatigue :(

Oh no, that sucks. I had a brief post-viral fatigue thing for a couple of months last summer, it really knocked me for six... Can't imagine a chronic version of that. Hope you feel better soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Been ringing the Mater all day to find out if I have an appointment after being referred by my GP 8 weeks ago. No answer from anyone.

Call my mam to talk to her, and she doesn't answer either. It feels like there's a conspiracy to not answer my calls today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Been job hunting all day, i am so ****ing tired.

And im still waiting on a call about a job too. I really want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Links234 wrote: »

I'm sorry Links. :(

What's the daily effect like? Any idea of your prognosis? I know chronic stuff is a pain to deal with, especially with making long term plans but you can learn to cope.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Lads, I need a drink after today. I've come home, made dinner and I still want a drink. Feck it, I'm off to the pub with a book.

Nearly had a nervous breakdown earlier due to blog things (computers aren't my strong suit). All fixed now, and J brought me for an awesome dinner.

Oh, and I got a new fringe today. Still undecided!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Daisies wrote: »
    Lads, I need a drink after today. I've come home, made dinner and I still want a drink. Feck it, I'm off to the pub with a book.

Give me a shout next time. I'll show you a proper pub near yer gaf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Give me a shout next time. I'll show you a proper pub near yer gaf :)

Take me with you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I walked past a woman yesterday, who evidently took an intense disliking to me, because she (literally) screamed "state of your legs! You have no ankles!" after me.

She wasn't best pleased when I turned around and laughed at her. My legs are lovely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement