Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor 28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawns [US] **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

The right winner, even if the finale was Hamlet without the Prince - although Spencer's cameo was great. His tribute to Tony was deserved and established them both as great players in the spirit of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Thundering_Sky

They really have to wait a long time to find out the winner. An entire year I'd be driven crazy if I was Tony or Woo.
    Glad jeff apologised to Spencer seems a bit mean to say he wouldn't have a chance at winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

titan18 wrote: »
    Next season spoiler
    Just from EW, Probst has said it'll be all new players

I'm actually happy about this - will make for a more interesting dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I assume they'll go big with returning players for season 30 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Woo just threw a million bucks away that vote,reminded me of Ian Rosenberger stepping aside out of blind loyalty to Tom Westman in Palau.

Tony was really worthy winner,think he would have beaten Spencer.

One of the very best seasons of Survivor ever,will last long in the memory.Loved Tricia tirade at Tony at final tribal.Thought Woo's performance at final tribal was beyond pathetic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Woo came across as being not the sharpest tool in the shed most of the season, something that Tony used to his advantage and at tribal he didn't have to do much, Woo pretty much hung himself - honorable as it was. Nice guy, not a smart player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Great season, great winner. Would have loved to see Spencer in final 3, dont think he would have beaten Tony though. Hope to see Spencer again on show, proved to be a great player and well his speech to Tony really helped him I think
    Woo complete idiot, lad must have no brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

What does GOAT mean by the way, obviously doesnt mean what it would usually imply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

astonaidan wrote: »
    What does GOAT mean by the way, obviously doesnt mean what it would usually imply

A goat is someone that you would take to the end because they would be easy to beat at the Final Tribal Council vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

evilivor wrote: »
    A goat is someone that you would take to the end because they would be easy to beat at the Final Tribal Council vote.

Where does the term come from? I feel like I'm suddenly hearing it everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great season but Jesus what a whipped dog Wu was, Tony basically demanded he hand over a million dollars and they confirmed at reunion if he'd brought Kass nobody would have voted for her.

Newaglish wrote: »
    Where does the term come from? I feel like I'm suddenly hearing it everywhere
    Sacrificial animal, its been an expression for thousands of years :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Thargor wrote: »
    Sacrificial animal, its been an expression for thousands of years :pac:

A sacrificial goat?! Surely they would say lamb if that were the case

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It can also mean Greatest Of All Time....to further muddy the waters. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Season 29 and 30 will contain all new players as far as I know.

Blood VS Water/Redemption Island is making a return next season, the concept makes me somewhat uneasy, add RI to the mix and I won't be holding my breath for as strong a season as the first BvsW, although Probst has hinted at several more water challenges.

Tony is a great winner, thought Spencer was winning it all season.

Newaglish wrote: »
    A sacrificial goat?! Surely they would say lamb if that were the case
    Nah, goats have been sacrificial animals all over Greek/Muslim/Christian histories, Satanic rituals etc. A lamb would be someone who never tried to play the game whereas a goat would be someone who played but you can still bring to the end because nobody will vote for them.

Every season is available to watch on YouTube except for the last 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The right man won Tony played the game prefectly in every way.

I did feel for Spencer who would have being a worthy winner in any other season.

These are two players I could see coming back in another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mfor

Anyone any idea when TG4 might be showing season 29?

Ask them on Facebook and they'll probably tell you.

• Advertisement

Thanks I sent them a message. It is returning in September

Fair play to TG4 for sticking with Survivor down the years, I remember watching Richard Hatch win on it back on season 1 when a new channel was still a novelty, thats what got me hooked, think I used to have to set the video recorder or watch the repeat on a Saturday because it was too late on a school night. Are they the only channel in Europe that broadcast it?

Then again its too easy to just download seasons these days so not sure what their ratings for it must be like...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I remember flicking over to TG4 during the first tribal council of the first series and thinking it was the best thing ever. I was really surprised when I found out that the non-Irish version didn't have a narrator. At one point TG4 was only around 3 weeks behind America with it as far as I remember.

It's a good programme alright, only really got into it in series 20 when "heroes v villains" was on. It's had some good characters on it. Looking forward to another season, it's been off a while

"Come on in guys" You gotta love Jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I remember flicking over to TG4 during the first tribal council of the first series and thinking it was the best thing ever. I was really surprised when I found out that the non-Irish version didn't have a narrator. At one point TG4 was only around 3 weeks behind America with it as far as I remember.

Jaysus, I forgot about the narrator because it's so long since I've watched it on TG4 (the cousins usually hook me up nowadays), but do they still have the narrator on it these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Love watching Survivor. TG4 deserve credit for showing all the series of the show.
    Does any UK channels show Survivor?

It's back!! Tomorrow night at 8pm 😄😄
    Come on in guys!!

Mfor wrote: »
    It's back!! Tomorrow night at 8pm ����
    Come on in guys!!
    Eh? It premieres next Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Thargor wrote: »
    Eh? It premieres next Wednesday...

He's on about TG4.

• Advertisement

Mfor wrote: »
    It's back!! Tomorrow night at 8pm 😄😄
    Come on in guys!!

LOL, hope you were able to avoid the spoilers.

pacman.gif

Enjoy the season, twas an excellent one.

Advertisement