Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Well in fairness it will be joe schmidt listing off every Irish qualified player currently under 40 and not missing a limb.

There will be a lot of IQ players not included, from every province. I'm sure most of them have 4 limbs...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Greyian

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Well in fairness it will be joe schmidt listing off every Irish qualified player currently under 40 and not missing a limb.

Let the ROG vs Madigan debate begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Greyian wrote: »
    Let the ROG vs Madigan debate begin!

Simple ROG at 10 Madigan at 12 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

b.gud wrote: »
    Simple ROG at 10 Madigan at 12 :D

Would rather ROG on bench, so everytime Madigan had to take a kick they could pan over to ROG.....

God I miss that:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I can't see any way that would be enforceable (it would almost certainly be against IRB regs) and I highly doubt its true.

It would be a different matter for already capped players. I've heard similar before but I kind of always assumed it only referred to centrally contracted players.

The IRB regs prevent you signing a contract which forbids international involvement; if you're signing a contract with the IRFU, I think it's logical that it would include representative games.

It's probably irrelevant, who is going to turn down a chance to play with the national squad, six months away from the World Cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Murray injury is to a disc in his neck issue apparently.

Feck. That doesn't sound good.

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Would rather ROG on bench, so everytime Madigan had to take a kick they could pan over to ROG.....

God I miss that:P

The drama of it all was marvellous. You'd be just waiting for O'Gara to lose it and run on the pitch

Irelands-Ronan-OGara-in-a-007.jpgJonnySex-DOR.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The IRB regs prevent you signing a contract which forbids international involvement; if you're signing a contract with the IRFU, I think it's logical that it would include representative games.

Ah, but it could be argued that forcing them to accept an Irish call up restricts them from playing for another nation that they are qualified for.

As always, the distinction between the IRFU and the branches are a bit muddied but I generally thought all foreigners were signed up with the branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »
    Feck. That doesn't sound good.

In a match we would have won without him: Zebre.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

In a match we would have won without him: Zebre.

Nah, look a player can get injured in any time in any match. He's a rugby player, he was playing rugby. No point in thinking about it like that.

• Advertisement

Nah, look a player can get injured in any time in any match. He's a rugby player, he was playing rugby. No point in thinking about it like that.

You're right. It's still annoying though!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

dregin wrote: »

/goes to the bookies to put money on a u20+senior double.

When is the squad being announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

When is the squad being announced?

IRFU tweeted an hour ago that it would be announced "soon"

No leaks on PR like the Kidney days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

but but.. he always picked the same team, well apart from O'Mahony as wing cover that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

They were more for team selections than extended squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

They were more for team selections than extended squads.

When a team is selected of an Ireland game, they get the jerseys printed up the week before with the players name and cap number stitched into the label. This takes a few days so the printer will get the list on Tuesday/Wednesday and the team will be named Thursday/Friday. Thats how those leaks happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

When a team is selected of an Ireland game, they get the jerseys printed up the week before with the players name and cap number stitched into the label. This takes a few days so the printer will get the list on Tuesday/Wednesday and the team will be named Thursday/Friday. Thats how those leaks happen.

Seriously? That would explain a lot. But I do think leaks were very much in play under Kidney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Is that real? Sounds a bit amateurish, but would explain a lot if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I have seen it happen. I don't want say anymore about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Squad announced, Conan and White the only non capped players

AFAIK the turn around for CCC is a bit quicker now they're based in Ireland. They probably only have to give the 23, and the exact numbers can be done on a daily basis.

Wang King wrote: »
    Squad announced, Conan and White the only non capped players

Really? Thought White would be involved.

EDIT: Duh, totally read your post wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

The only thing about that is that it infers that the team is picked a week beforehand. And there are always going to be variables like fitness tests, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

He is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

They're both included.

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »

Sorry looks like it's not fully there yet, but that's where it will be so hit F5 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement