Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Deagol wrote: »
    Because the LF wasn't high enough? Have spoken to numerous Shannon CC and they all say that when WW was in charge of EI he didn't give a damn about EINN. Can't imagine it's different now!

The LF is typically higher at the weekend. I may have less scepticism if they cancelled 1 or 2 midweek flights but 4 flights in a row minimum and on the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Deagol

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The LF is typically higher at the weekend. I may have less scepticism if they cancelled 1 or 2 midweek flights but 4 flights in a row minimum and on the weekend?

You could be right. Seems strange that a technical issue grounds a flight for that long though? And do EI not have any way to cover? Aren't those flights operated on a WL? In which case is it not incumbent on the contractor to supply a replacement?

You could be right. Seems strange that a technical issue grounds a flight for that long though? And do EI not have any way to cover? Aren't those flights operated on a WL? In which case is it not incumbent on the contractor to supply a replacement?

I'm unsure of the specifics, but it's certainly not the first time more than 1 flight has been cancelled as a result of a tech issue with one of the 757's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,678 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

While there was tech issues with the 752 there is some shocking loads coming up on the route, I mean truly shocking. The only right thing to do is cancel the flights.

ATR 42 or 72 would be adequate for the route!

Some flights barley breaking 30 passengers.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    While there was tech issues with the 752 there is some shocking loads coming up on the route, I mean truly shocking. The only right thing to do is cancel the flights.

ATR 42 or 72 would be adequate for the route!

How do you know this? And aren't you the troll that thinks there should only be one airport in Dublin Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Would it possibly be a case of low loads on both SNN-BOS and DUB-BOS this time of year making it more cost effective to operate them together as one transatlantic trip?

How do you know this? And aren't you the troll that thinks there should only be one airport in Dublin Ireland?

I do like a little trolling but cso stats won't lie when they are released.
    Would it possibly be a case of low loads on both SNN-BOS and DUB-BOS this time of year making it more cost effective to operate them together as one transatlantic trip?

There could be an element but fares/loads ex DUB are way higher and if SNN wasn't so low it wouldn't be happening. Now it could be major tech issues with the 752 but still not good numbers.

I do like a little trolling
    We know at this stage
    but cso stats won't lie when they are released.

And they tell you which flights have 30 pax?
    Really sounds like a figure you took out of your arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It is a technical fault on one of the 757s this time so they are down 1 aircraft. The flight could be full from SNN and if they needed the aircraft to operate flights from Dublin they would have no qualms about cancelling them again either!

Wintertime travel hardly a money spinner, last december 60% average LF for Boston

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

If the loads are that low is there much point in persisting with the direct service during the low season? If you're not going to operate it half the time you'll do more damage than good by claiming to offer the route direct from Shannon. It might be as well to just operate a daily SNN-DUB connecting service between November and March and be upfront about it.

I remember flying SNN-DUB-ORD in 2008 on an A330 but the service was advertised as being 'direct', we had to get off and do pre-clearance in Dublin. I can't remember if it was scheduled that way or if it was an issue with loads on that particular day.

• Advertisement

I do like a little trolling but cso stats won't lie when they are released.

So you know the CSO stats before they are released? And they tell individual flight details? Unless you have something to back this up I call you out as a bull****ter.

You seem to do it a lot on other threads too, so I think everyone here already knows what you are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

I'm unsure of the specifics, but it's certainly not the first time more than 1 flight has been cancelled as a result of a tech issue with one of the 757's.

How many US bound flights have been cancelled out of DUB in recent times.

cnoc wrote: »
    How many US bound flights have been cancelled out of DUB in recent times.

I'm unsure of the figure and unusure of how that related to this discussion.

It is a technical fault on one of the 757s this time so they are down 1 aircraft. The flight could be full from SNN and if they needed the aircraft to operate flights from Dublin they would have no qualms about cancelling them again either!

Wintertime travel hardly a money spinner, last december 60% average LF for Boston

Great to know but loads are not great coming up however while 60% has been reported it's still a little lowish for off season all the same.
    So you know the CSO stats before they are released? And they tell individual flight details? Unless you have something to back this up I call you out as a bull****ter.

You seem to do it a lot on other threads too, so I think everyone here already knows what you are anyway.

I don't get info from CSO stats.....

Personally I think EI need to do a bit of marketing locally. They get the cream in the summer but outside of that little/no advertising....actually, I lie, plenty of ads in Clare/Limk/Galway papers for Dublin services and they wonder why only 100 travelling to Boston on a given day from Shannon!

Personally I think EI need to do a bit of marketing locally. They get the cream in the summer but outside of that little/no advertising....actually, I lie, plenty of ads in Clare/Limk/Galway papers for Dublin services and they wonder why only 100 travelling to Boston on a given day from Shannon!

Might help but during the summer EI and Shannon had a lot of marketing in Cork and EI advertised SNN fares on S/E stations Waterford/Wexford/Carlow etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

Lets keep it civil and keep the personal abuse out of it, if you want to have a 1 on 1 discussion please feel free to use the PM function.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

To all the ones spouting non sensical and idiotic nonsense have a read. It's due to essential maintenance nothing to do with passenger numbers. Annoying that there is trolls on here who would yet again resort back to blaming everything on "passenger figures" but cannot back anything up 🙄🙄 O well, proven incorrect yet again.

http://bit.ly/1ODJ9Ob

Airbus330 wrote: »
    To all the ones spouting non sensical and idiotic nonsense have a read. It's due to essential maintenance nothing to do with passenger numbers. Annoying that there is trolls on here who would yet again resort back to blaming everything on "passenger figures" but cannot back anything up 🙄🙄 O well, proven incorrect yet again.

http://bit.ly/1ODJ9Ob

If flights were remotely near full it would be a different story. You work at the airport, so watch out for numbers this week and report back....

I am not allowed post such info by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Why not?

• Advertisement

Finally........ SNN-EDI back with Stobart Air from March 28. 6pw.

https://www.facebook.com/TravelExtra/posts/10153239169927727

I assume on a non-based ATR72-600?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Which is it then?:rolleyes:

elastico wrote: »

Which is it then?:rolleyes:

Specific numbers not slowed....breaking 30 is not a specific figure.

I assume on a non-based ATR72-600?

Cork getting another aircraft and two routes so one would assume it will do EDI/SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

A Thomson Airways flight (B787 Dreamliner) from Gatwick to Cancun Mexico diverted to Shannon this morning.

*** Update ***

Holiday jet in medical emergency at Shannon (Clare Herald)

Sunway will also be selling holidays to Malaga from Shannon using Aer Lingus' Saturday service.

The Facebook response to the route has been exceptional and very positive. Hopefully the airport and Stobart will work to get people aware that this route is running again!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Finally........ SNN-EDI back with Stobart Air from March 28. 6pw.

https://www.facebook.com/TravelExtra/posts/10153239169927727

Thank god! I'm already dreading flying home on the 23rd and having to bus it across the country to get back to Clare. Never will I take Shannon for granted again

• Advertisement

Anyone know when it will be bookable?

Advertisement