Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC contract changes advertised today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

hi, i have UPC, and am now on a rolling contract, i dont wat to change or upgrade, will it continue as a rolling month contact after march 1st?
    Yes, the only change will be the price you pay (if you have been notified of price increase). Just make sure you are registered for MyUPC before March 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Can you ring on behalf of the bill holder? (ie your wife)

As I have spent a large portion of my life on the phone with UPC I have this part memorized:

Due to the Data Protection Act we will only discuss account details with the account holder or nominated contact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I was getting terrible download speeds there recently, and a few pings were dropping (as well as others being high). I just fiddled with the wire in the back of the modem and that sorted it, albeit temporarily.

Not sure if it was a bad wire, or if it was the cable touching off the power cable/plug in the wall, and getting interference.
    Get router replaced If its thomson....I had similar issues

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

They will definitely only speak to the account holder (your wife) and the comical part is, if your wife rings to add your name to the account, you have to be with her when she rings them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

You need to be a nominated contact in order to discuss account information.

• Advertisement

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Got letter today. Pissed off with increase.

Right, I can live without land line. Free to air TV suits me grand. What is the best alternatively broadband service for value?

Depends where you are. Magnet are definitely worth looking at if you're a high end user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

They will definitely only speak to the account holder (your wife) and the comical part is, if your wife rings to add your name to the account, you have to be with her when she rings them.

What's comical about that?

Imagine you were sharing a house and your flatmate rang up, put you on the UPC account without your knowledge, you move out and two years later UPC are pursuing you for unpaid bills?

Would you think it was comical then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

He just needs to ring his wife on his mobile, put her on hold, ring UPC & merge the calls (conference call). No need to be physically with her.

Also, there's a difference between being a nominated contact (where you can discuss the account & order services but not cancel the account) on the account and being added to the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

I negotiated a new rate with loyalty team at end of Jan, after price increase outcry

Yesterday I received notification that my bundle price would go up 8.50 from 01.03

I would have thought the price negotiated end of jan was for 12 months and included this years upc 14% price increase, but no, talked to upc and it doesn't

So I was paying 60, thought I would be paying half of 78 for 12 months, but am now going to pay 47.50

Maybe this delayed increase was obvious to all....

I negotiated a new rate with loyalty team at end of Jan, after price increase outcry

Yesterday I received notification that my bundle price would go up 8.50 from 01.03

I would have thought the price negotiated end of jan was for 12 months and included this years upc 14% price increase, but no, talked to upc and it doesn't

So I was paying 60, thought I would be paying half of 78 for 12 months, but am now going to pay 47.50

Maybe this delayed increase was obvious to all....

I made sure that when I was negotiating with the loyalty team that she said that the price would not change for 12 months. Have the date and time of the call written down for reference just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I made sure that when I was negotiating with the loyalty team that she said that the price would not change for 12 months. Have the date and time of the call written down for reference just in case.

So did I

So did I

You really can't trust them with any of this. Have to keep an eye of every little line of your bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

Is there a direct number to ring to get the loyalty department? I'm paying €77 euro for Multiroom Viewing ( 1 extra box)
    − Fibre Power Broadband 30Mb
    − Digital Select Extra TV
    − Home Phone - Anywhere 150 (never used)
    − Digital+
    I came find the letter but I think it's going up by €3.50
    Anyone have an idea what offer I could expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

south wrote: »
    Is there a direct number to ring to get the loyalty department? I'm paying €77 euro for Multiroom Viewing ( 1 extra box)
    − Digital+

Ring the loyalty department (aka moving team) on 1890 940 140. Just off the phone from them now.

I was paying €42 (going up to 44.50) for 50mb+anytime phone package.

I'm now paying €40 for 12 months for 120mb broadband and keeping the anytime phone package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

− Digital+

we had much the same package and got it down to 37.50 per month and upgraded to Horizon. Horizon is taking alot of getting used to but as you can record more than 1 show at same time were sticking with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

Just off the phone with the best offer of a reduction of €9 euro on my package. He told me not to believe anything i read on the internet and nobody was getting half price deals for the year.( I wasn't expecting it anyway) When i told him that other people were getting far better deals he asked me for names addresses and account numbers of these people so i could prove it! Couldn't believe it. Horizon wasn't mentioned or offered and when i told him i'd have to discuss it with the bill holder (I'm named on the account) he was telling me to do it while i was still talking to him and give him an answer. I told him she had left the room and then asked how to go about cancelling. We've been with UPC/NTL since they started so was disappointed that they didn't offer us a better deal but more disappointed with the attitude of this loyalty department salesperson.
    Time to consider our options.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Ring the loyalty department (aka moving team) on 1890 940 140. Just off the phone from them now.

I was paying €42 (going up to 44.50) for 50mb+anytime phone package.

I'm now paying €40 for 12 months for 120mb broadband and keeping the anytime phone package.

I am paying 24.50 for same package:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

I am paying 27 and not just for a yr it a permanent price

Just off the phone with the best offer of a reduction of €9 euro on my package. He told me not to believe anything i read on the internet and nobody was getting half price deals for the year.( I wasn't expecting it anyway) When i told him that other people were getting far better deals he asked me for names addresses and account numbers of these people so i could prove it! Couldn't believe it. Horizon wasn't mentioned or offered and when i told him i'd have to discuss it with the bill holder (I'm named on the account) he was telling me to do it while i was still talking to him and give him an answer. I told him she had left the room and then asked how to go about cancelling. We've been with UPC/NTL since they started so was disappointed that they didn't offer us a better deal but more disappointed with the attitude of this loyalty department salesperson.
    Ring again, can't do any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

ring back tomorrow and you may get someone nicer! Otherwise cancel and sign up as new customer in your name and get it for half price for 6 months

• Advertisement

I am paying 24.50 for same package:-)

Feck ya! How on earth did ya manage that. Is that the unlimited bb you are on or the 30Gb limited package?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Feck ya! How on earth did ya manage that. Is that the unlimited bb you are on or the 30Gb limited package?

Unlimited broadband 120mb, 400 international minutes, unlimited landline calls for 12 months. I think i got a half price offer.

Unlimited broadband, 400 international minutes, unlimited landline calls for 12 months. I think i got a half price offer.

My deal doesn't seem so great now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Direct number for Loyalty is 061 272190

Don't expect any half price for 12 months offers. Seems they have cottoned on.

We had the Horizon Complete Package AFAIK having been on the Horizon trial and as we are essentially out of contract I gave them a call.

Our bills since the Horizon trial ended have been touching €90 p.m.

Offer I got was two months free, then Horizon, 200 Mb broadband, anytime calls & 1x multiroom with plus for €77

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

On 6th Feb I rang up to negotiate a new deal. I was paying €42 for 50 mb b/b and one of the lower TV packages (I don't need the TV as I have a sat dish and only need b/b) and they lowered the price to €40 - it was due to go up to €45 or something with the price increase.

So today I got my bill and it was €42 so I rang up the bill Dept. and said I think I have been overcharged by €2

The lady looked through my account and the deal that I had been offered on 6th Feb and concurred. But said that this deal of the 6th of Feb was not possible to fullfill. So she offered me other deals. Both had 120mb b/b and one with 80 TV stations for €31.50 and one with 100+ stations for €34 She also offered me the horixon package at €35 or so but when she rang through to the loyalty Dept. she was unable to get the Horizon deal.

So in the end I took the 120mb b/b and 100+ TV stations package for €34

Would have gone with the Horizon but happpy enough with what I got.

Oh and it is for 1 year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That's cheaper than the price i got for 50 bb only. Well with phone i don't want. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

I was paying €73 per month for Horizon triple play. I wanted to switch down to €68 per month TV and B/B. I was put through to loyalty department and offered a fiver off both TV and B/B if I kept the triple play.

I will now be paying €63 per month, a saving of €10 per month. Of course, I am now back on a 12 month contract but as I was not planning to leave I am pleased with the saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Avengers

Unlimited broadband 120mb, 400 international minutes, unlimited landline calls for 12 months. I think i got a half price offer.

I am paying 22 euro for 120mb BB + 150 anytime mins on a 12 month half price offer :)

Avengers wrote: »
    I am paying 22 euro for 120mb BB + 150 anytime mins on a 12 month half price offer :)

Well that just pisses me right off, I'm paying 40.

Only difference is I have unlimited minutes but 150 would do me just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Let's say you get your deal from UPC and agree that's it's for next 12 months, are you locked in or is there a 30 day cooling off period before it's no going back?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement