Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

5 Rebel Red's for a tenner in Molloy's isn't half bad. They have the Friar Weise too, I'm just kinda gone off wheat beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seaneh wrote: »
    They sell the glasses in the brew pub.

I'm guessing he's not referring to the glass that has the beer in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm guessing he's not referring to the glass that has the beer in it.

ha, how did I miss all those...

Er, eh, I retract my defence of the accused and plead the 5th.

ha, how did I miss all those...

Er, eh, I retract my defence of the accused and plead the 5th.

It's ok, I missed them too. :) I was even about to get all "moddy" until I noticed the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭baron von something

Why would that be surprising? White Gypsy make consistently good beers.

Even if they aren't world-changingly spectacular, they are always extremely well crafted.

I'm always really reserved when drinking one i haven't tried before from an Irish brewery.i normally find them underwhelming for my particular tastes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I went through about 20 different stouts, porters and imperial/Russian stouts last winter, and my favourite one of the lot was White Gypsy. They're expensive bottles, but they're worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Having a crew Drunken sailor at the moment. Very good representation of what an IPA should be, but doesn't push the boundaries. Then again thats only the 0.01 % of IPA's that will do that

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Anyone know where I can find some Furstenburg? It was on special in Lidl a couple of weeks ago but sold out pretty quickly. I think it was a once off.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the Dublin area that stocks it regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

It's ok, I missed them too. :) I was even about to get all "moddy" until I noticed the collection.

You all know you can buy glasses online?

http://www.thepintglasscompany.com
    http://www.saveur-biere.com/en/6-beer-glasses

To be honest, now I'm a little ticked off by the original comment

toffeeshel wrote: »
    Do you know it's an offence to steal glassware?

Do you know you can buy glassware? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I'm always really reserved when drinking one i haven't tried before from an Irish brewery.i normally find them underwhelming for my particular tastes

I do as well. I've tried a lot of their stuff in bottle and cask format and always been underwhelmed. The large bottles are not worth it in my eyes. The American Brown Ale I had on cask a few months ago was terribly lacking in flavour, I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Im new to craft beers so im still experimenting and trying everyting. I was in Killarney for the weekend and tasted some lovely crafts ales and stouts. Then I got to the Kinsale Black IPA. To me it felt like I was trying to drink liquidised potpourri. Is there a lot of IPAs out there that would have that strenght of a flowery taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

DarrenG wrote: »
    Do you know you can buy glassware? :rolleyes:

Most pubs will actually give you the glassware too, if you ask nice and politely, and don't ask for fifteen glasses per visit.

A barman in a craft brew pub told me once that he doesn't mind being asked, and happily says "Yes" when he is asked, but he does get pissed off by people just nicking them.

I was in town on Friday at an event on South Anne Street, a mate of mine asked me did I fancy a pint, he was going into Kehoe's I said yeah. He arrived out with 2 pints of Guinness, then said to me "Ah they had O'Hara's on tap" - he knows I drink craft beers, he knows I like O'Hara's Pale, he's even bought me O'Hara's Pale before, but yeah, he got me Guinness *boggle*

I was in town on Friday at an event on South Anne Street, a mate of mine asked me did I fancy a pint, he was going into Kehoe's I said yeah. He arrived out with 2 pints of Guinness, then said to me "Ah they had O'Hara's on tap" - he knows I drink craft beers, he knows I like O'Hara's Pale, he's even bought me O'Hara's Pale before, but yeah, he got me Guinness *boggle*

If he's anything like my mates he probably did it on purpose! :D

Getting back to the beers ;). After drinking the bottle of Pliny last night I have to say it's nice but didn't blow me away. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautifully rounded beer but in my humble opinion it's reputation lives on the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Most pubs will actually give you the glassware too, if you ask nice and politely, and don't ask for fifteen glasses per visit.

A barman in a craft brew pub told me once that he doesn't mind being asked, and happily says "Yes" when he is asked, but he does get pissed off by people just nicking them.

I've been told the same. I think I've only been refused a glass once and that was because the bar only had 2 left and weren't expecting a new shipment for another couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Drinking a GB table beer. Very nice stuff, at 3.50e a pint with beoir voucher its great. I think this should be another permenant seeing as OFAF is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

adamski8 wrote: »
    Drinking a GB table beer. Very nice stuff, at 3.50e a pint with beoir voucher its great. I think this should be another permenant seeing as OFAF is.

Its currently made with the second runnings of OFAF, so its dependent on when they brew OFAF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

oblivious wrote: »
    Its currently made with the second runnings of OFAF, so its dependent on when they brew OFAF

Well yes thats why i mean if OFAF is permanent then they should keep up the table beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ah you're better off not drinking that foreign fancy muck. A pint of plain will do you good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

adamski8 wrote: »

Was about to post the same, 3.50e and the low percentage done the world of good for a long night Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

SN Celebration, Founders Porter and an Anchor Liberty for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So, did Galway bay name the table beer? There were rumblings it was gonna be called "dole day IPA"

Is Seaneh banned again?

Galway Bay beer is absolute muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Heroditas wrote: »
    Galway Bay beer is absolute muck!

Which ones in particular?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Which ones in particular?

None of them, really. ;) He's only joking because Seaneh won't be posting to defend them! :D

An File wrote: »
    None of them, really. ;) He's only joking because Seaneh won't be posting to defend them! :D

The pubs are crap too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Heroditas wrote: »
    The pubs are crap too. :D

So expensive! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭toffeeshel

It's a fairly impressive collection;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement