Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Cloughmore heather ipa : it's a bit light but I liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Cloughmore heather ipa : it's a bit light but I liked it.

Thought this was a pretty interesting brew myself

drumswan wrote: »
    Thought this was a pretty interesting brew myself

It reminds me of something but can't put my finger on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

irish_goat wrote: »
    Was drinking this for £1.49 in Derry last night. Went down a treat. :D

Vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Selection in the local Supervalu is considerably worse than it was in Superquinn.

Something that is repeated across all the departments in those shops since they were recently rebranded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Got to a much better off license than my usual local one today so having my first bottles of Leann Foilann and Foam and Fury tonight watching the hurling and soccer

Yum yum so far especially the F&F :D

Started off with a Ska Euphoria, then Of Foam and Fury and finally a Whistle Blower.
    Got the 2nd and 3rd order wrong because I hadn't put the Whistle Blower in the fridge early enough.
    Don't drink it after a OF&F, particularly if it's been chilled. It really tastes very malty compared to the Galway Bay flagship. Funnily enough the maltiness mellows nicely once it warms up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I had a Whistleblower after a OFAF, I think and it didn't bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Modus hoperandi - I do love a good American IPA

Jaw gate by Camden Gate, APA - meh

Amberella - as good as you would expect.

Also picked up 2 bottles of devil halfAcre - planning on having one at Xmas and kerping the other. What's it taste like?

stuchyg wrote: »

Also picked up 2 bottles of devil halfAcre - planning on having one at Xmas and kerping the other. What's it taste like?

Many different things! I really liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

stuchyg wrote: »
    Modus hoperandi - I do love a good American IPA

Jaw gate by Camden Gate, APA - meh

Amberella - as good as you would expect.

It hides it's 13.5 % very well. It's a lovely beer to drink slowly

Tiny Rebel Fubar : not bad nice golden ale. Nice hop kick tiny bit peppery too.

Tiny Revel Hadouken : good IPA when pouring loads of lovely smells come rushing out mainly pine and orange.
    Taste Has tropical fruits and caramel then a hop bitterness which is quite dry.

Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA : had this before but this was the 2014 one and I found it very peppery. Didn't like it as much as before.

I

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Seaneh wrote: »
    Vouchers?

Not even! I think they were trying to clear stock to make room for the cider festival.

Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA : had this before but this was the 2014 one and I found it very peppery. Didn't like it as much as before.

Thought it was just me. This year's one is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Visited a few pubs yesterday while in Dublin for the day.

Started in Alfie Byrnes with Ole Ole by Eight Degrees. Really enjoyed it. Got lots of banana and spices from the aroma and taste. Then I had a USA Hells by Camden Town. I actually bought it for the wife but she found it too bitter so I had to drink it :pac:

Saw they had Mare Incognita NZ on tap and not knowing anything about it decided to give it a try. I can see a lot of people not liking this style but I loved it. Also had the newest beer from Galway Bay, Table beer. Another lovely beer from them.

Next was a short walk to Against the Grain for Reverand And The Makers American Brown by Thornbridge Brewery. It was nice. That's about all I can say about it.

This evening I have something very special to open up at home. Incredibly fresh and all the way from Santa Rosa :)

DarrenG wrote: »

This evening I have something very special to open up at home. Incredibly fresh and all the way from Santa Rosa :)

We all hate you right now.

Tiny Rebel Fubar : not bad nice golden ale. Nice hop kick tiny bit peppery too.

Tiny Revel Hadouken : good IPA when pouring loads of lovely smells come rushing out mainly pine and orange.
    Taste Has tropical fruits and caramel then a hop bitterness which is quite dry.

I

Where are you getting the Tiny Rebel beers in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Redmonds seem to have a few UK breweries that the others dont - Buxton being one that springs to mind

drumswan wrote: »
    Redmonds seem to have a few UK breweries that the others dont - Buxton being one that springs to mind

hmmm... interesting.

Molloys in Clonsilla for me.

• Advertisement

We all hate you right now.

Let's report him for wumming

Heroditas wrote: »
    Let's report him for wumming

incitement of hatred, that's punishable by prison in some countries!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Selection in the local Supervalu is considerably worse than it was in Superquinn. Still decent, but not as good as the local Molloy's. More expensive than Superquinn too on anything that's not lager.

Supervalu is, in my experience, a bad place to buy beer. That's between the selection and the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

These are a wedding present from a good friend. The Pliny has a bottle date of 13th June so pretty fresh.

proxy.jpg?t=HBhjaHR0cHM6Ly9kMWM4djFxY2k1ZW40NC5jbG91ZGZyb250Lm5ldC9waG90by8yMDE0XzA3XzA2LzRkMzJiYmY0YTk2NTA4NzdkODgzN2QzODc4ZjM4NmUwXzY0MHg2NDAuanBnFMAHFMAHABYAEgA&s=a7GM7RCNcezgMtLEtO66murDjyB_rrDhE29AaD6qZEM

These are a wedding present from a good friend. The Pliny has a bottle date of 13th June so pretty fresh.

proxy.jpg?t=HBhjaHR0cHM6Ly9kMWM4djFxY2k1ZW40NC5jbG91ZGZyb250Lm5ldC9waG90by8yMDE0XzA3XzA2LzRkMzJiYmY0YTk2NTA4NzdkODgzN2QzODc4ZjM4NmUwXzY0MHg2NDAuanBnFMAHFMAHABYAEgA&s=a7GM7RCNcezgMtLEtO66murDjyB_rrDhE29AaD6qZEM

Nice one, I got a few bottles and a 16oz shaker glass as a gift last summe,r drank june 21st (i think) and brew date of june 5th. So as fresh as your own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Founders curmudgeons old ale, i thought it was a smoked beer when i bought it. Oak aged so has that whiskey kick to it but it is pretty smooth. I dont like the style in general but this seems like a good one.

Buxtons moor top pale ale. Only 3.6% heavily chinooked and to bad effect, barely managed to drink it. It was so spicy in a bad way.

Beavertown smog rocket smoked porter, fantastic beer. Up there with the alaskan smoked porter. Really perfect body and they got the smoked just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭toffeeshel

Do you know it's an offence to steal glassware?

toffeeshel wrote: »
    Do you know it's an offence to steal glassware?

They sell the glasses in the brew pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭baron von something

Had a De Ranke hop harvest.wasnt great but then again I'm not overly fond of Belgian beers

now on to White Gypsy APA which is surprisingly not bad at all

• Advertisement

now on to White Gypsy APA which is surprisingly not bad at all

Why would that be surprising? White Gypsy make consistently good beers.

Even if they aren't world-changingly spectacular, they are always extremely well crafted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement